Realization

Zero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It wasn't what Youngjae would call a relaxing day. It stressed him out the most, when he had to stand in front of an lots of people, especially an entire class and talk about time travelling, more than anything else. It also didn't help that he was one of the fewest and maybe even the only one, at their company who still hasn't used his chance to travel in time. But where would he go to the future and see if life would get better at some point? Or go back in time and stop himself from one of his biggest regrets? Probably the later. Yes, most probably he would go to the past. Yes that would be for sure his choice.

Please, don’t get him wrong but his, probably biggest regret in his entire life was and still is when he declined a job offer for his dream job. A job he had studied and worked hard for years. But here he was now in front of the still closed door to a classroom full of students awaiting his arrival.

Taking one last deep breath he put on a smile on his face and opened the door.

 

“Ah yes! Everyone just like I told you earlier we have a guest tutor today. Choi Youngjae, thank you for coming.” The tall and lean teacher spoke once he saw Youngjae entering the classroom.

They both were close friends and thus, the teacher had asked for a favour. Young people these days are more curious than ever to know all about time travelling and so it was just ideal for Mark to ask Youngjae if he could come and speak in front of his class. Youngjae hated it but still ended up agreeing to the request since Mark had always been there for him.

“Hello everyone and thank you for inviting me today Mr. Tuan. I think you all know why I'm here so we will just jump right into the theme, time-travel.” He saw curiosity in so many eyes of the students sitting in front of him. So many already looked like they had tons of questions even before he started. He remembered how it had been for himself and how more and more questions had came up when he first learned about time-travel.

“So as you may know, we can travel back in time since a few decades ago. At first our company didn’t really know how they actually found the solution and what risks it bearded. Now we know how to prevent certain risks and what to look out for. Not everyone is suitable to travel in time. It may be their health, that they are not strong enough physically and or mentally. Both needs to be stable because it's a tough journey and one everyone should think carefully about to do because in the end it's just a once in a lifetime opportunity.” One particular student started shifting in his seat, eager to be able to ask questions. Another student further back in the room looked rather bored out of the window. A brief silence fell over the room. Youngjae started walking up and down in front of the class.

“It's a once a lifetime opportunity and everyone should think carefully about when and where they want to go. Either ways may seem like a good decisions but consider carefully. If you decide to go back and redo something however big or small it may be, imagine how big of an impact it may be to the future or if you go to the future and you end up at a place, you really dislike. Would it all have been worth it? You might sometimes get thoughts that it only can get better or it used to be better. But you should never forget about the here and now. The person you are now and the one you used to be or will be are different. I don't want to tell you not to travel in time but don't make any quick decisions because in the end you will remember it all. Time travel is not a solution to problems, they will stick to you till you get over them.” Youngjae didn't know himself where all those words and his confidence suddenly came from but suddenly all his own emotions and thoughts came flowing right out of him. It surprised and even shocked him a little. He hoped that his friend who was quietly sitting on a window isle didn't think too much of his words. A small smile on his lips, it looked like he was hiding something behind said smile.

“I know you all got tons of questions so who wants to be the first?” And so Youngjae answered each and every question he could as truthfully he was able.

 

“OK! You all, one last question and then we already have to say our goodbyes to this gentleman.” Mark spoke after a while interrupting the never ending flow of interesting questions.

“It's up to you Mr. Choi who gets to ask the last question.” Mark spoke to Youngjae and to his class.

“Well then, let's see. You in the last row what is your last question.” he said to the student who up till then looked rather bored but whose hand had suddenly shot up after hearing it going to end after the next question.

“If you haven't already what would you choose? Go back in time or go to the future?” Youngjae hadn't thought, that the questions he would get asked would be about his own opinion. And even though he had asked himself the same question, a few times already he hadn't thought some youngsters would suddenly be curious about this as well.

“Well, to be honest I haven't used my opportunity so far but I probably would go back in time to change a decision I've made. I know that by doing so a lot of things would change, the man who stands in front of you all probably wouldn't be here.” While just saying this, his own thoughts drifted away. To the what ifs and how his life could be right now if he had chosen differently in the past. If that work would really and truly make him happy or not. That has been the thing that had kept him from using his opportunity till that moment.

 

~~~~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter