Chapter Three

What He Didn't Know

Chapter Three

 

After Yongbae walked Jiyong to the door and said goodbye, he walked into the bedroom and found Teddy on the computer, probably listening to his latest masterpiece for 2NE1. Yongbae sighed and gently crawled onto the bed, burying his head into the closest pillow. He was so tired. Today had been long. Seeing Perry again…he didn’t even know how he should feel or what he should think.

He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder, but leaned back into the touch, knowing that it was only Teddy.

“What are you thinking about?” the later whispered, lying down next to him and draping an arm around the younger’s waist. Yongbae shrugged,

“You know what I’m think about.” Teddy chuckled.

“I know.” Yongbae turned around and hugged the man tightly, Teddy tightening his hold on him.

Two years ago Teddy would have never thought that he would have felt this way for another man. He was very much attracted to women. But now…now everything had changed. He couldn’t imagine a world without waking up next to Yongbae.

“Teddy?” Yongbae asked. Teddy looked down,

“Hmm?” he hummed.

“Perry’s back.” He stated quietly. Teddy closed his eyes and let out a breath he didn’t know he’s been holding.

“I know.” He answered just as quiet as the younger had. Yongbae glanced at him and hesitantly brought a hand up, gently placing it on the older man’s cheek. Teddy’s eyes opened and he found himself staring straight into Yongbae’s. Yongbae looked away and quickly sat up, Teddy following suit.

“Teddy…I love you.” Teddy smiled, but bit his lip, trying to hide it as much as possible. Of all the times Teddy had said it, Yongbae had never returned the words.

“I love you too Yongbae.”

“I know.” Yongbae said. “But I needed you to know.” Teddy frowned,

“Why? What’s wrong?” Yongbae turned towards him again,

“I’m letting you know that I choose you.” He said.

“Yongbae-“

“I choose you. I’ve been thinking about it all day you were right. What you said earlier. I still have feelings for Perry. But…they aren’t as strong as the ones I have for you. Perry was my first…person. And I think the only reason I still have feelings is because we never really had an end. He just left. But now that he’s back, we can finally have that closure and it can be a permanent end.” He said. Teddy let everything that Yongbae had said sink in.

“Why exactly are you telling me this?” he asked. Yongbae frowned at him,

“I just wanted to tell you.” He said slowly. Teddy sighed and rubbed his forehead. Yongbae gently crawled closer to the older and buried his face into his neck, kissing it gently. Teddy leaned into him and wrapped his arms around him, sighing softly. “Lets watch a movie?” Yongbae asked. Teddy pulled away and shook his head, making Yongbae frown and pull away completely. But Teddy followed him and pushed him back on the bed, hovering over him,

“I just want to stay here. With you.” He added. Yongbae smiled and wrapped his arms around Teddy’s neck.

“I guess that’s an acceptable activity too.”

 

Yongbae squinted as he opened his eyes, the morning sun nearly blinding him. He had begged Teddy countless times to but shades for the window, but he had refused saying that the light was the only thing that would wake him up. Yongbae turned to look at the man beside him and glared. Of course he was still asleep.

The younger rolled gently out of bed and walked quietly out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. Breakfast was not on the agenda, but coffee was a must have for Teddy or else he’d be grumpy all day. Yongbae grabbed his phone off the counter and checked his schedule. He paused when he saw what was planned for next week.

“Thanks for starting the coffee Bae.” Teddy said as he stretched in the kitchen doorway. Yongbae didn’t answer. Teddy frowned and walked forward, “Hey, what’s wrong.” Yongbae looked up at him,

“We have a music video shoot in New York next week.” He said softly. Teddy’s face changed to one of understanding. “You’re coming right?” Yongbae asked immediately. Teddy hesitated,

“Bae…about that…I don’t think I can…” he answered slowly. Yongbae looked at him surprised.

“What?” he whispered. Teddy knew this wasn’t going to end well.

“YG’s got me working on things…and I think it’s time that…maybe…you try going on your own.” He said, unsure of how that would go over with the younger. Yongbae opened his mouth to say something but closed it right away. He looked away from Teddy and started walking back towards the bedroom. “Bae-“

“I need to go to rehearsal.” He interrupted.

“Don’t leave mad.” Teddy said.

“I’m not mad.” Yongbae said shortly.

“You’re upset.”

“Of course I’m upset. Teddy I can’t do it. I can’t….I’m scared.” Yongbae said, his voice breaking. Teddy stepped forward, reaching for him, but Yongbae took a step back. “I’m scared and I don’t want to go alone.”

“You won’t be alone Yongbae. You’ll have your members. You’ll have Jiyong.”

“But what if it happens again?!” Yongbae yelled, his eyes watering, tears already starting to fall down his face. Teddy tried to bring him into his arms but Yongbae struggled away. “What if it happens again.” He said again, weakly. Teddy’s heart clenched at the amount of pain radiating from his boyfriends eyes.

“It won’t.” Teddy said firmly.

“You can’t know that.” Yongbae whispered. Teddy sighed,

“You’re right. I don’t know that. But your members wont let anything happen to you. Yongbae…as much as this is hurting me, I really do think it’s time for you to go alone.” Teddy said strongly. Yongbae met his eyes and stared at him. Teddy stood perfectly still, watching him.

“Ok.” Yongbae said, after what felt like hours, “Ok.” Teddy smiled softly and walked towards him, gently pulling him into his protective grasp.

“You can call me anytime. Text me anytime. I promise I won’t ignore my phone.” He said. Yongbae nodded against his chest, tightly clutching his shirt. “I love you Bae.” He said. Yongbae tightened his hold on the older male,

“I love you too.” He said, barely above a whisper.

“Alright, go clean yourself up and then get to rehearsal. You’re already late.” Yongbae wiped at his eyes and looked at the clock, cursing to himself,

“Jiyong is going to kill me!” he shouted, rushing to the bathroom. Teddy chuckled. Yongbae poked his head out seconds later, “I’m still scared Teddy…but I’ll try to be strong for you.

Teddy didn’t even know how to answer to that.