One

Library Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ahh... Reading book really makes me sleepy. Should I just give up? I've been trying like a week already but I can't concentrate on it. I always feel sleepy after 5 minutes. Aigooo... Let's just borrow it and read at home so that I can sleep whenever I want."

Lazy me couldn't fight with sleepiness while reading book in library so I grabbed some books and went to cashier desk to borrow. 


"Hi, I want to borrow these books." I put the books on the desk then took out my phone to play while waiting for borrowing procession to be done. 

"Hi! To be honest I was passing your table earlier and I heard your complaining about feeling sleepy while reading books." an unfamiliar voice of a man to be heard. The staff was always female but it's different this time. I quickly looked up to look at the staff. I saw a very tall, handsome figure was right in front of me. He was smiling like an angel. I was staring at him without blinking. It's not that I've never seen handsome men before but this man, his smile has made my time stopped at the first sight. 

"Miss? Miss?" he called to snap me out from my thought. I came back to reality.

"Oh I... Ah yeah I used to hate reading books a lot but now I've become university student so I think I should start reading books. I've come here like a week already but I've not made it yet. Making ourselves love something we hate is really hard." I sighed after complaining my weakness to him. He kept smiling and carefully listening to me. 

"I see. But I'm sure you'll make yourself love it. How about you keep coming here to read books and I'll help you with the tips I have? I'm actually a volunteer staff here. I'm in my year 4 now. I was like you at my first year but now I really love reading books. If you don't mind, please come here and spend more time trying on making yourself love reading books." he kindly offered me. I was surprised and excited at the same time. 

"So you're my sunbaenim? Ahh that's very kind of you. I'd like to be shared tips by you." I excitedly accepted his offer. 

"Let's start from tomorrow!" he said.

We made promise to meet again tomorrow to learn some tips from him. I cancelled my book borrowing procession.

It was crazy but I couldn't deny that I was so moved by his kindness and friendliness though we've just met and still strangers to each other. 

-----

Next day, I couldn't stop watching the clock. I kept praying the time to meet him would come faster. 

After class, I quickly went to Starfield Library. He wasn't at cashier desk. I wandered around the big library to find him. Finally, I saw him was sitting at a table, reading book. I was looking at him from a distance before approached him. He looked so focused on reading book and it made him looks more handsome and attractive. Even reading book, he doesn't lose the smile on his face. I couldn't help but to take out my smartphone to take a photo of him secretly. Then I approached him. 

"Sunbaenim!!!" I entered.

"Sunbaenim, I've come." I smiled and gave him a deep bow to him. He quickly turned to me then gave me a bow back.

"Hello! I've been waiting for you. Have a seat first!" he invited me to sit on a chair next to him. I sat down. We were so close and that made my heart sometimes jump fast and sometimes slow. My heart was chaotic all alone.

"You don't have to call me sunbaenim. I don't think we're in the same university. I'm from Seoul National University. My name is Lee Jinhyuk. Please call me Jinhyuk!" he introduced himself to me. 

"My name is Hana. I'm from Yonsei University. Nice to know you, Jinhyuk-shi."

"Hana is very beautiful name. Oh right, Hana! I've written down my tips for reading book. Here you go! There are 7 tips. Let's start the first one today!" he handed me his hand written note. I received. 

"Tip 1 : Pick a book you like!" I read out his first tip. 

"So what kind of books do you like, Hana?" he asked. "Fairy tale!" I answered. He gave a smile then went to bookshelves. After a while he came back with some books in his hands. 

"Here you go! Read the easy one!" he picked a book. I received then started reading. He started reading his book too. I couldn't focus on my reading because most of the time I kept looking at him in secret. I just wondered if he ever lost his smile on his face but he didn't. He always has a soft smile on his face. 

After getting enough of looking at him, I tried to focus on my book but not too long, my eyes became heavy then I slowly lent my head on the table, ready to sleep.....


I didn't know how long I've been sleeping but when I woke up, I didn't see many clients in the library and I found myself was covered by a jacket. I could recognize that It is Jinhyuk's jacket but he wasn't here. I packed my stuff and grabbed his jacket to go to find him. I finally found him at bookshelves. He was putting books to their places. I walked to him. 


"Jinhyuk-shi, I'm sorry. I fell asleep..." I expressed my guilty to him. He turned to me and widen his smile. "It's fine. You've done a good job today. You said you would feel sleepy after 5 minutes but this time you could continue reading for 30 minutes. You're improving." he praised me. "It's getting dark now. You should go home. Let's meet again tomorrow!" he added. I nodded then gave him a goodbye bow. Without realizing myself, I unintentionally brought his jacket with me. 

-----

Next day, I woke up a bit late fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter