Learning the Alphabet (1/2)

Project L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun, also known as subject 21, always loved the lessons they had in the facility. No matter how limited they may be. From the moment she was well aware of herself, she remembers a great deal of information every time she comes across a new one. 

 

Because of this, Yongsun is considered to be a favorite among all the other omegas in her class. The doctors seem fond of her whenever she’s able to figure out puzzles and could follow writing she’s just seen in a flash. 

 

She’s also the only omega in her class that the doctors converse with as she’s able to expand her vocabulary by observing all the conversations taking part around her. 

 

So it didn’t surprise Yongsun when Sambaek wrote down the words “Omega” and “Alpha” on the blackboard on the wall. She merely thought the doctor was going to give them a lesson before asking them to go back to their rooms.

 

“What are ‘Omegas’ and ‘Alphas’?” Sambaek turned around and faced the occupants in the room. With the help of the girls, they managed to turn the living room into a makeshift classroom by dragging all the available tables in the room to the center and placed the chairs to be facing the blackboard.

 

This was the first time a lesson was conducted with different classes together. So the amount of silence in the room was understandable for Sambaek. She was aware that all of them knew what they were on their own, but she doubts they know of the others’ respective caste.

 

Yongsun’s hand shot up, as Sambaek expects her to, “Yes Yongsun” the addressed girl stands and answers the question in its most textbook definition.

 

“Alphas are the highest of the caste system or class system. They are of the dominant nature and considered to be incredibly possessive with what they consider to be theirs. Alphas are born protectors and would go as far as killing to protect their mate. Their chosen mates are often omegas due their reversed nature.”

 

Yongsun paused in her explanation, waiting as if someone might want to add to what she’s currently said. 

 

“Biologically, female alphas have an extra appendage” Yongsun looked to her right and saw Byulyi standing up, but the purple haired girl’s ears were red. Upon realizing what the girl said, she felt warm at the sudden information. 

 

“And what is the appendage for Byulyi?” Sambaek asks, finding their reactions all too adorable. “It’s for mating purposes. It allows female alphas to become sires and in turn have children with their respective mates.”

 

As she finishes her statement, Byulyi sits back down and finds an interest in the notebook infront of her. All the while aware of the curious gazes she is getting from the other occupants of the room.

 

Yongsun clears , trying to rid the awkwardness that fell in the room. “For Omegas, they are the opposite of the Alphas. Lowest in the caste or class system. They are known to be submissive and caring in nature. Biology wise, they are expected to breed and carry children for their mates. Any other objectives are second to that of being a carrier.” 

 

The blue eyed girl sits back down as she finishes her explanation. There was another small information that Yongsun deliberately left out as she finds it embarrassing to share.

 

Thankfully their youngest occupant, Chaeyoung found the courage to add that certain detail, the blonde raised her hand and stood up after Sambaek gestures for her to talk.

 

“Omegas also experience what is called a heat phase…” as she started, she noticed that only two pairs of eyes were curious about what she said. Quickly she drew a conclusion that Yongsun and Joohyun are both Omegas like her seeing as they didn’t find the information new at all.

 

“A heat phase is when an omega experiences a rise in temperature and falls into a hormone induced addiction. Omegas become extremely restless and weak and very dependent when it hits but we find its presence to be demeaning to us.”

 

“How is it demeaning?” Seulgi’s question further convinced Chaeyoung that she and Byulyi were of a different caste, but before she could answer, Joohyun’s red eyes looked to Seulgi and answered her.

 

“It’s demeaning because we become completely dependent on an Alpha to ‘relieve’ us. It doesn’t matter what the Alpha looks like, or how they behave, if they are an Alpha, we’ll beg them to mate with us just so we’ll be relieved of the feeling.”

 

Once Joohyun was done explaining, Seulgi averted her eyes elsewhere. Those red eyes made her nervous for some reason. Maybe because they had a hint of ice in that gaze. Or maybe because as an alpha, she felt guilty to be associated with how Chaeyoung and Joohyun explained their heats and how they relate to them.

 

‘That was too personal, but I guess they’re not af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter