What's your name?

Project L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[9:00AM - Somewhere in the mountains of Palawan, Philippines]

 

A pair of eyelids fluttered open, and purple eyes stared at the white ceiling. The figure turned its head to the left and slowly turned it towards the right, scanning its newly designed confinement. Upon realizing that the room is bigger than the previous space occupied, the figure sat up and only noticed that it laid on a clear soft space.

 

Confusion covered the figure’s facial expression, but soon decided the space was comforting to have, thus laid back down on its back. A sigh escaped the creature’s lips upon meeting the softness on its back. ‘This feels good… I wonder what this is...’ the thought crossed the creature’s head before it’s attention was grabbed by the sound of creaking.

 

It lifted its head and saw a familiar figure from the door, “Goodmorning, I didn’t think you would be up so soon, the rest are still sleeping…” the creature recognized the person to be one of the Doctors in the facility; one of the few good doctors.

 

‘The rest?’ the creature thought.

 

Sambaek watched as the purple haired being sat up and looked at her with questionable eyes, “How are you feeling?” she sat on the foot of the bed and waited for a response. “Where… am I?” a hoarse voice asked her, and she watched the ‘person’ in front of her clear their throat before asking the same question again. Only this time, it was clearer.

 

“Well it’s a lot to explain…” she starts, “But I think I can give you the smaller information for now. We’re currently in the Philippines, in one of my vacation houses. This-” she gestures to the room, “will be your room while we’re here. I know the conditions in those cells in the facility are… ugly. I hope you like your room…” Sambaek gauges any reaction from the purple haired person in front of her. When she sees no negative reaction, she releases a relieved sigh.

 

Sambaek stands up and offers the being a hand, to which it was accepted. She guided the person out of the room to what looked to be a modern day kitchen, complete with its individual kitchen island. “I’m glad you’re awake though, I’m just about to make breakfast. Would you like anything?”

 

She got silence and furrowed eyebrows in response, “okay… how about I make us some pancakes? Have you had that before?” still silence. She reached in one of the shelves for a prepared pancake mix, “I’m guessing not. I almost forgot they have a standard meal for you guys…” the other occupant in the room sensed a bit of tension in the Doctor’s voice when addressed of their treatment.

 

Sambaek starts to prepare the pancake batter in front of her companion, and the interested eyes make her smile a bit. “Do you know me?” she asked, “Yes” was the response. “Do you know my name?” this time she was met with silence.

 

She gave the being a simple smile and introduced herself, “My name’s Dr. Sambaek Park. I work in the facility, and I’m sure you’ve seen me in the halls before right?” she smiled further when the other occupant nodded their head and smiled at her. She turned around to start frying pancakes when she heard an inaudible sound coming from her companion.

 

“What’s that?” she turned her head and saw a blush sporting the cheeks of a purple haired person, “I said you are one of the good doctors…” the comment made her smile and reply with a ‘thanks’. It was silent again in the room save for the sounds coming from the pan. Soon the room smelled of a sweet aroma that made the other person close their eyes and take a large whiff of the scent.

 

“Smells good doesn’t it?” eyes quickly sprung open at the Doctor’s voice but soon relaxed when they were met with domestic ones. A plate is soon placed in front of the person and the sweet scent of milk comes from it. “Those are pancakes” Sambaek points at the little brown circular shapes on top of the plate.

 

“Go on dig in” she offered a pair of cutlery that were instantly accepted, “Mmm…” a slight moan came from the person across her and she deems her attempt at cooking a success. They ate in silence while the Doctor simultaneously cooked the remaining batter. 

 

“So I introduced myself, now it’s your turn.” Sambaek gestured for the person across her to speak, and noticed the hesitance in the facial expression. “Hey it’s alright... it’s only me here. No need to worry about anyone.”

 

The words seem to be reassuring as the person sat up straight and cleared their throat, “I’m number 22, they call me 22. I’m an Alpha in Class 7.” Sambaek nods as 22 finished her short introduction, “They call you 22?” 22 nods her head.

 

“Well as much as I love numbers, I’m not exactly comfortable calling you by it… how abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter