Hey.

It Started with Hello
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae walked back inside the office after hours frantic that he forgot to send the proposal to their head marketing team before he left the office earlier today. He cursed under his breathe and rushed his way to his desk and his computer as fast as he could. His fingers drumming up on incessently over the keyboard of his computer hoping that the bootup process would be faster. 

"Come on, come on." He muttered and typed in his password as quickly as he could in order to get to his email faster. 

Hyukjae's panic was slowly subsiding once he had opened his work email and rapidly typed his message for his boss tomorrow. Hyukjae attached the file he was supposed to send three hours ago and wrote a sincere apology for the delay and missed deadline. Practically begging them to still consider his proposal since his sunbae, Lee Donghae, dedicated his own time and energy into making sure that it came as close to their vision as possible. After sending the email, Hyukjae released a long breathe of relief and slumped back on his chair. The adrenaline of dread long gone and was now suddenly filled with exhaustion. 

Sitting in the dark office room after hours on a friday night was not how he thought he'd end his day. Taking in a deep breathe, Hyukjae forced himself to get up from his chair. He was just about to close his email when a short ding sound caught his attention and was notified of a new chat message. Frowning at who could possibly know about him being at work at this hour, Hyukjae opened the chat box and was surprised to see Donghae online. 

LeeDonghae is online

LeeDonghae: Hey.
12:15am

Hyukjae pouted his lips a little in confusion since Donghae's never messaged him randomly before unless it was work related. His mind that went on the email that he just sent to the head marketing team and realized that Donghae was part of the team. Hyukjae's eyes widened at the realization and quickly typed in a response in order to avoid getting further in trouble. 

LeeHyukjae: Donghae-ssi...good evening.
12:16am

LeeDonghae is typing....

LeeDonghae: Are you tired?
12:16am

Hyukjae pursed his lips together and was unsure why Donghae was asking him that question. 

LeeHyukjae: No, I'm not. I just forgot to do something.
12:16am

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae: Yeah...You forgot to come home with me tonight.
12:17am

Hyukjae blinked and read that again. What?

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae: Sorry. That was a bad joke.
12:18am

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae: Are you mad?

Hyukjae wasn't mad but he was...confused. Donghae sounded different than his usual self and he couldn't help but wonder that there was something else going on. Although hesitantly, Hyukjae typed in his suspicion, and pondered over whether or not he should send it to the other. When he noticed that an entire minute has passed, he decided to screw it and take his chance. He pressed enter and sent his message. 

LeeHyukjae: Donghae-ssi...are you...drunk?
12:20am

Almost immediately he saw the other typing.

LeeDonghe: hahahahahahahahaha
12:21am

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae: Maybe?
12:21am

LeeDonghae: Marybe not?
12:21am

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae: I just wanted to talk to you 
12:22am

Hyukjae frowned and got worried that his boss was outside drinking and chatting with him at the same time. Where were his friends? Shouldn't Siwon be with him? Hyukjae's mind was filled with worry and he just had to know that the othere was okay.

LeeHyukjae: Where are you?
12:23am

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae: I'm outside. u?
12:24am

LeeHyukjae: Are you alone?
12:24am

LeeDonghae: I'm always alone without you...
12:24am

Hyukjae blinked and felt his heart beat a little faster reading that. What was Donghae saying to him?!

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae: Hyukjae-ah
12:25am

LeeDonghae: I have something I've been meaning to tell you
12:25am

LeeDonghae: But you gottra promise that you wont' hate me, okahy?
12:25am

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae is typing...

Hyukjae watched the screen closely trying to figure out what the other was doing. He couldn't make out what was going on in Donghae's head right now and they were usually in the same page. They worked closely together on his very first big project and he was thankful that the other offered to help him tweak everything just in time for the big presentation tomorrow. If only he didn't forget to send the email before he left, then he wouldn't have to worry about wasting Donghae's efforts down the drain. 

LeeDonghae: I have a crush on you
12:27am

Hyukjae read that and was taken aback by the sudden confession. He couldn't quite believe what he was reading so he typed in his response and asked.

LeeHyukjae: ....what?
12:27am

LeeDonghae: I like you
12:27am

He likes him?...WHAT!?

Hyukjae just stared blankly at the screen and didn't know how to properly respond. Was Donghae being serious or being drunk?

LeeDonghae: I like you
12:28am

LeeDonghae: I like your smile...
12:28am

LeeDonghae: I like how you talk....
12:28am

LeeDonghae: I like how you make my heart flutter just by looking at me
12:29am

LeeDonghae: I like you even if you don't notice me
12:30am

Hyukjae's eyes widened at the last part because that wasn't true at all. Of course he noticed him! How could he not?! Everybody in the office was aware of how handsome and charming Donghae always was. Even people who don't work with them knew about his looks and personality. He even had to deal with all the new interns gush and fawn over how good looking and cute they found Donghae was on their first day of work. There were at least three other people, that he's aware of, in the office who harbored a secret and not-so-secret crush to the latter, so how could Donghae say that he didn't notice him?

LeeDonghae:...did I scare you off? Did you leave?
12:31am

Hyukjae unconsciously swallowed down a lump on his throat and quickly type in his response so Donghae knew he was still there. 

LeeHyukjae: I'm here
12:32am

LeeDonghae is typing...

LeeDonghae: I like you
12:32am

Hyukjae smiled seeing him say it again a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter