MinQi Not My Trend

Captured On Film
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Based on the I'm The Trend I-Talk at 12:09 here

"It was very wonderful for me because it was my first time." - Yuqi

Was inspired when Yuqi tried to catch Minnie's eye but Minnie didn't look at her.

 

===========

 

Yuqi nearly jumps out of her skin when she feels two warm arms wrap themselves around her shoulders.

 

“Who—oh, it’s you, Minnie,” she gasps, trying to get her pounding heart under control.

 

Minnie squeezes her tightly before letting go and plunking herself down on the worn recording room couch.

 

“So, are we gonna write this song or nah?” she asks, twirling her long braid around her finger.

 

Yuqi nods and turns back to the computer monitor.

 

“Here, check this out.”

 

She presses a button and the upbeat backtrack starts playing. Yuqi leans back in her seat, trying to surreptitiously gauge Minnie’s reaction out of the corner of her eye. Minnie’s resting her head against the wall, eyes closed, foot keeping time with the beat. Once the last notes die out, Minnie slowly opens her eyes and gives Yuqi a long look.

 

“Do you like it?” Yuqi squeaks out. She feels like she’s withering under Minnie’s silent stare. “I thought since summer’s coming up, we could make something fun. I know this isn’t your style, but maybe we could try something new? Or if you don’t like it, I can do something else—I still have that song we tried to write last year—it’ll be easy to change, I just thought maybe this could be good but if it isn’t—”

 

“Yuqi, will you shut up a minute and let me process it?” Minnie explodes and Yuqi snaps closed.

 

Minnie deliberately pinches the bridge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger and rubs as if she has a headache.

 

“Yuqi-ah,” she begins solemnly. Yuqi prepares for the worst but suddenly, Minnie flashes her a huge smile and jumps up. “I love it!”

 

“Really?” Yuqi pants. She doesn’t realize she’s been holding her breath and now she luxuriously exhales.

 

“Really.” There’s no doubt in Minnie’s voice and Yuqi feels like she’s just drunk something invigorating.

 

“Well,” Yuqi says, businesslike as she pulls the keyboard back toward her. “You want to work on the harmonies then?”

 

“Yeah, let’s do this. I’ll buy you dinner as a reward.”

 

“Soju?”

 

“Obviously.”

 

--

 

Yuqi stifles an enormous yawn behind her hand as she glances at the clock. It reads 03:15. Behind her, Minnie’s passed out on the couch, amidst the scattered soju bottles and boxes of fried chicken. They had worked through the afternoon and now most of the night, but finally the song was finished.

 

“Ugh, I wish I didn’t promise Soyeon we’d have it ready by tomorrow!” Yuqi groans into her greasy hands. But a small voice in the back of her mind chides her for procrastinating.

 

Yuqi’s head throbs and she buries her head in her arms. She knows that she’ll wake up with the mother of all hangovers tomorrow. That was the problem when her and Minnie drank. They never knew when to stop. And speaking of Minnie…

 

Yuqi swivels around in her chair and peeks at her unnie. She’s sound asleep, full lips parted like two rose petals. The sight of her makes something within Yuqi ache.

 

No one’s around. The recording studio feels completely empty. But with Minnie here, Yuqi isn’t afraid of anything.

 

She ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter