SooShu Serious Kiss

Captured On Film
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15:46 from Shuhua's birthday V Live here

"Let me do it (kiss you) seriously." - Soojin

 

=========================

 

Live a long life.

 

Shuhua angrily exited the messaging app and threw her phone on her bed. She flopped on top of her sheets, rolling over until she was staring at the blank white ceiling. Morning arrived hours ago, yet not a single one of her bandmates wished her ‘happy birthday.’

 

Of course, reading the comments on their shared Instagram page helped. She had spent close to an hour scrolling through all the messages, stopping every so often when people mentioned that Soojin ought to give her a kiss for a present. Yet even Soojin didn’t bother saying anything to her. Shuhua, out of pathetic desperation, made up an excuse to call Soojin when she left for a schedule. She had pieced together new lyrics to Love Scenario and sang them to Soojin as she got into a car. But still, Soojin didn’t give so much as an acknowledgement that today was Shuhua’s birthday.

 

Her phone buzzed and Shuhua eagerly grabbed it and held it to her face. Finally, someone must have remembered! But her heart fell when she opened a message from her manager reminding her about the V Live she had to do in half an hour.

 

I’ll pick you up in five. Don’t be late.

 

Shuhua quickly typed back a curt ‘okay’ before sighing and lurching to her feet. No ‘happy birthday’ from him either. She stomped over to the closet and pulled out a recently washed black sweater. Black was an appropriate color for mourning her apparent lack of friends. She tugged it over her tank top and surveyed herself in the mirror.

 

A despondent looking nineteen-year-old stared back at her, clad in grey sweats and the overlarge sweater. At least her skin was clear. She twisted her hair into a long ponytail and grabbed her phone before exiting the room.

 

No one was home. Miyeon had taken Haku and Mata to the vet with Soyeon. Yuqi and Minnie probably were holed up together at the company, writing songs. Soojin had told Shuhua she’d join her for the V Live in case she needed help with the Korean. But at this rate, Shuhua would rather do the whole thing alone.

 

Her manager’s car stood running at the curb. Shuhua quickly pushed open the door to the apartment building and rushed into the frigid winter air. She approached the van and the door slid open.

 

“Buckle up!” her manager sternly said as she climbed in and settled into the seat.

 

Shuhua obediently inserted the metal buckle into the clasp. Outside, cold wind whipped through the barren trees as the overcast sky foretold more icy rain. Shuhua checked her phone again despite telling herself not to care.

 

No new messages.

 

Whatever. No one is ever going to get a birthday message from me again, she swore.

 

It had been a long time since she cried, but she could feel the beginning of hot tears pricking her eyes. She crossly squeezed them shut and willed her tears to go back into the tear ducts. The howling of the wind outside amplified her loneliness and it was with a savage sort of bitterness that she thought even the weather aligned with her mood.

 

After a short car ride, her manager pulled up in front of the Cube building.

 

“We’re here. The camera’s set up in the staff pantry,” he informed her, not even looking back.

 

Shuhua didn’t respond as she yanked open the door and hopped out. The icy wind blasted right through her clothes. She half-ran into the building, pausing only to give a short ‘hello’ to the receptionist at the front. The halls, normally teeming with idols and staff, sat empty. Fine by her. She rode an elevator to the fourth floor and quickly walked down the corridor until she found the V Live room.

 

She thought she was alone but the sound of approaching footsteps echoed throughout the hallway.

 

“Shuhua!”

 

Shuhua turned around so quickly she cricked her neck. Soojin strode purposefully toward her from the other end of the corridor, cloaked entirely in black with her trademark red lipstick gleaming through the darkness. Soojin stopped six inches in front of her, so close that Shuhua could feel the heat radiating from the front of her body.

 

“Unnie,” Shuhua squeaked, forgetting that she was supposed to be annoyed with all her group members. “You’re early!”

 

Soojin regarded her with a languid eye that made Shuhua want to both run away and lean in until there was no more space between them.  

 

“Hurry up,” Soojin drawled, her sweet voice unusually husky.

 

Shuhua unconsciously raised her hand but her fingers closed around thin air as Soojin pivoted and swept into the room. She meekly swallowed and tiptoed into the pantry. A barren table with a camera mounted on a selfie stick stood waiting in the room. Shuhua placed her phone down as Soojin pulled out two chairs. They each took a seat and Soojin clicked on the camera. Shuhua bent her head and blinked, willing herself to put on the pretty face for the fans. She felt the façade settle into place and looked back up, just as the digital clock chimed the hour.

 

The small screen lit up.

 

“Woah! Awesome!” Shuhua welcomed, peering the flood of messages bursting into view. “Hey everyone!”

 

The number of people wishing her a ‘happy birthday’ made her smile feel more effortless. At least Nevies appreciated her. She and Soojin introduced themselves in cheery voices. The comments poured in so quickly that it was all Shuhua could do to keep up with the missions the thousands of viewers sent in.

 

“Shuhua, give Soojin a peck!” Shuhua read. She grinned and bowed slightly. “Thank you for giving me this mission.”

 

Shuhua puckered up her lips and Soojin raised her eyebrow.

 

“Now?” she asked somewhat hesitantly.

 

But the hesitance was replaced with a mischievous smile and Soojin turned so she faced Shuhua fully. She puckered up her lips too and Shuhua momentarily panicked as she watched Sooji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter