Chapter 2

Would you be mine?

Chapter 2...

sooyoung..

'im homeeee! ' i greet as i entered my house.

'Welcome home,unnie!' i heard seohyun's voice echoing, as i close the front door.

'Where are you?'

'at the kitchen!' she reply.

I walked to the kitchen and see her wiping plates and cups on the counter. I back hug her and give her a kiss on the cheek.

'where's our little boy?' i whisper in her ear.
'our? He's your little boy...he's at the living room', she smiled while shifting my arms away from her waist.

'oh,really?okay then..have you feed him?' 'yeah...about 3 hours ago'

i walked to the living room, saw a small size figure and approached him playing with his toys on the floor.

'kyungsan-ahh, are you having fun?' i sit behind him while my long legs surrounded him.

'appa!' he came crawling up and grab my shoulder.

'aigoo ~ my little baby..',i lift him up in my arms.

'Next time called me, noona...arasso? Nooooonnaaaa,say it...noona ~'

'....'

'come on,say it...noona ~' i teach him to pronounced.

'ap-...ap-pa!' he said to me.

'it may take awhile to get him say that, he had just started talking few weeks ago', i heard seohyun's voice from behind. I turn to her.

'yeah, i know...but its kinda awkward,dont you think so?'

'yeah, its awkward for me too, moreover, he called us, 'appa' and 'umma'...as if we are his parents',i had to say i do agree with seohyun.

Firstly, kyungsan is not my son, i mean not related by blood ties, of course. Someone happen to leave him with a basket in front of my house 3 years ago. With that, theres a note saying that...

'please,take care of this child...im sorry to burden you but im afraid i cant afford to feed him anymore. Please, give him a wonderful life'

'what the--?',i look into the basket and see, a beautiful sleeping baby. I look from left to right of my house, to see if theres any sign of a human being. Unfortunately, i found none.

So, i take the basket with the baby inside, knowing that it is already night time and the baby might feel cold. What worries me the most is, i dont have any experience in these kind of things.

So, i decided to called seohyun, a friend of yuri. From what i know, she's really an expert in these kind of things, since she's in a nursing college.

'hello..seohyun?'

'h-hello?..ahh-ahh', i heard her breathless.

'wh-what the??' i quickly hang up on her. Then she calls back.

'why did you hang up? Ahh-ahh', she's still in her breathless state.

'a-am i distrubing?'

'n-no,why did you a-ask?' she answer me.

'em-...well,uh ~' i started stuttering.

'what? WAIT! Dont tell me, you think i was--?'she suddenly paused.

'.....'

'sooyoung, you ERTED mind! Can’t you think of anything ELSE other than ?!' she scream through the phone. I retreat my ear away a little bit.

'what?? i didint say anything! FYI,i do think about food too,you know...' i reply.

'Fine! What do you want?' she started to calm down.

'sleepover to my house tonight? please?'

'why would i?'

'theres something happen just now, i need your help here...'

'really? What is it?'

-

at sooyoung house...

seohyun...

Both sooyoung and i just stare at the beautiful sleeping baby in the basket...

'whose baby is he again? Is he Yours,unnie?'

'no! For the fifth time,no! he is not! Someone left him outside my door...with a note',sooyoung pass me a small white paper which seems to be a note from the baby's parents. I read it carefully.

'so, you want me to help you take care of him?'

'yeah,you know that i dont have the skills to do those things..',sooyoung scratch her head.

-

sooyoung...

So,thats how seohyun ended up living with me, well, i offered her. I thought it would be hard for her to take care of the baby if she stays at her place. I started working at 8am until 6pm. So,i dont have much time to spend with him.

'here take him, i'm need some rest..' i walk to seohyun and pass him to her.

'w-wait..' seohyun grab me by the arm.

'Aren’t you going to eat dinner first? I-it’s just that you haven’t played with him in awhile and we didn’t eat dinner together s-since...-',she stuttered.

I hold her hand where she grabs me by the arm. I pad her hand softly and said...

'Give me a minute, i will come down for dinner...okay?' i give my best smile to her.

'okay, i will prepare your food then'

i went up to my room, I guess i was tired, to think that seohyun would miss me being around her. Maybe? I think so...i can see through her eyes that she is sincere. She’s right, I haven’t spend my time with her and kyungsan in a long time. After I take my shower and get into my stripes pajamas, I walk down to the kitchen and I see seohyun had already started feeding kyungsan with porridge, as she was scooping into his mouth. I came to her and show my aegyo face..

‘I want someeee tuwwwww!’ I said in a funny voice to show my aegyo as both my palms cupped my cheeks.

She chuckled and gave me a soft punch on my shoulder and said, ‘eat your dinner before it gets cold…’

‘yes,boss…’

-

Jessica & tiffany’s house..

Jessica…

‘come on jess,pleaseeee~ just this once!’ tiffany beg me with both her palms together.

‘no..’

‘pleaseeeeeee~’ she shake my arms softly.

‘Ask Taeyeon to go with you, im tired…’

‘No! Are you out of your mind?? Taeyeon will kill me if she finds out about this!’

‘Ask yoona to go with you then! Quit bugging me, im trying to sleep!’, I sit up straight and give her an icy glare.

‘oh? Right! Why didnt I think of that? Thanks, jessi!’ she quickly walked away from me.

‘ argh! ’ I lied back my body on the bed and i groaned under my pillow.

---yoona’s house---

yoona...

‘This will go right here and this will go over there..’ i tried to figure out the huge puzzle board while stretch my arms all over the board. Suddenly…

…Ring, Ring, RING…

i startled when my phone suddenly rang. I take a look at the screen with tiffany’s name shown in it..

‘hello?’

‘hello? Yoonaaaa~ are you busy right now?’

‘nope, not really, weyo?’ I take another puzzle piece while putting my phone on my shoulder for support.

‘Great! Wanna hangout with the ‘Beauties’? I’m sure we will have a lot of fun with them!’ I can sense excitement in her tone. While on the other hand, I was froze to hear the word ‘beauties’.

‘wai—what?! Why would you want to go there??’ my voice unconsciously high which cause her to startled.

‘Scream louder yoona, I think my ears aren’t big enough to hear you’ she said with a slumber tone. Sarcasm much?

‘hehe, sorry unnie…’

‘so, you want to go or not?’ her excited tone came back to its usual self.

‘i-I don’t think—‘

‘ohh,pleaseeeee yoonnaaaaa~’ she suddenly cut in and make an aegyo voice.

‘why don’t you ask sica-unnie to go with you?’

‘already ask her..she wont come’

‘how about taeyeon-unnie? Im sure she--’
‘nope, I’m sure she won’t say yes to me’, she answered, I paused for a while, thinking what will sooyoung’s reaction be if I come face to face with her again.

‘uhh,okay then…Give m—‘ I sighed.

‘okay! I will pick you up in half hour! Bye!’ she quickly hung up.

‘…..what am I going to do?’ I sighed

--------------

‘unnie, I-i don’t think I can come in a place like this’, we were already outside the club yet im still doubt that I will go in.

‘aww, come on~ we come here from far away, I don’t want my Taxi fare gone to a waste!’ Tiffany pull my shirt trying to get me in the club.

‘um,unnie…I’m the one who pay for the taxi fare’

‘Exactly!’

‘wha? aish! Come on, Lets go~’ I sighed in disbelief. Tiffany continues to pull me inside the club.

As we came in the club, the place was actually lighter than an actual night club. The light in the club was yellowish and the atmosphere was peaceful. We approached the boyish girl at the counter and said…

‘We booked for the ‘opposite pair’ last night, my name is Tiffany Hwang’ Tiffany use her finger to show a gesture for two people.

‘oh, choi sooyoung and lee sunkyu, right? please come with me,miss hwang… they were waiting for you in the VIP room’

‘okay…’

As we follow the girl, we were lead into an average-small room, in that room. The light was in red and a little bit dimmer than the outside. Both of us stunned when we saw two figures sitting at the long couch attached to the wall. They were laugh earlier and suddenly paused when they see us standing not far from them. The short figure stands up and bows to us politely…

‘hello there, Miss Hwang…mind if I ask you why, you princesses stand over there frozenly? Don’t you wanna sit with us?’ the short figure suddenly kicks the tall figure by the ankle signaling her to stand up from her seat.

‘oh,sorry…’ both of us approached them.
‘btw, this is my friend Im Yoona..’ Tiffany pushes me toward them.

‘hello, I’m lee sunkyu, just call me sunny by the way…’ she lean a hand shake.

‘oh,h-hello…’ I nervously replied.

‘I’m choi sooyoung, nice to meet you, miss Im! Are you willing to be my partner for today? ’,she shakes my hand and gives me a toothy grin.

I paused, I didn’t manage to say anything. She acts as if we don’t know each other in her work place. I know she was this professional from the day we meet, she was even professional when she caught me cheating in front of her eyes…

Flashback…

I was in the night club when a girl suddenly approached me, she ask me to dance with her. At that time, I couldn’t see why not, so I went to the dance floor with the girl. We were pretty much already known each other for the pass few hours in the club, while drinking a couple of alcoholic drinks, she finally went drunk around me, I wasn’t really drunk. My vision was still clear but I tend to talk a lot and blabberish because of the alcohol.

She was a good drinker, but she loses when it comes to consciousness. She put her arms around my shoulder and said…

‘how could a beauty like you go alone in a club uh?’ she began smiling and laughing.

‘I like being alone..you know…’ I answered spontaneously.

Then, a waiter came to us and said…

‘excuse me miss, would you like another alcoholic drink?’ I turn to the waiter quickly, feeling angered.

‘Would you PLEASE dont dis-tur--…’ I paused.

At that time, it was as if time has stop. I meet the eyes of choi sooyoung in front of me, my girlfriend, no, the lover of my life. she was holding a plate with a glass of alcohol on top, her other hand was holding a towel. She slowly craved a smile and ask again…

‘would you like some more?’ she smiled again.

‘s-so-sooyoungie….’ I began to stutter.

‘no? okay then..’ she walk away, I saw her give the alcoholic drinks and the towel to the waiter, the REAL waiter.

‘w-wa-wait! Sooyoungie!’ I shift the girl’s arms off my shoulder and ran after sooyoung.

When I ran outside the club, I saw her walking on the street with her back facing me. I quickly ran after her and grab her by the shoulder.

‘sooyoungie!’ I pulled her shoulder and stand in front of her.

‘yes?’ she seem surprise by my presence.

‘i-im s-so-sorry…that girl was just-‘

‘I’m sorry if I disturbed your time just now, I was mistaken you for someone else, miss…sorry, I didn’t mean to…’, she cut in my talk.

‘wh-what?’ I was stunned to hear her words. She didn’t recognize me?

‘well, if you excuse me…I need to go home now, it’s already late..’,she look at her wrist watch.

‘ohh, ok then…’

She really didn’t recognize me? but my heart says otherwise. I have been with her 3 years yet I didn’t understand her when it comes to this, Stupid! When, she walks inches away from me. I quickly punch in sooyoung’s number on my phone and dial it. I put the phone near my ear when it rings. Suddenly, I heard a familiar ringtone coming from the person who walks inches from me. I wasn’t mistaken, it was really sooyoung! So, sooyoung stop walking and dig into her pocket and pick up the call. She answered…

‘hello? baby! Guess what? I found someone who looks a lot like you just now in the club, but she’s a little bit different from you. You know what? She let a stranger lingered around her body, it’s pretty fortunate she’s not like you, right?’

‘s-so-sooyoungie…’

‘oh! Babe, forgot to tell you. I guess I’m not gonna see you for this next few months, I’m busy with the new job I got…it’s pretty fun, someone offer me this job to socialize with customers and clients…I might meet new kinds of people though…’ she sighed. As I was about to silently approached sooyoung from behind, I want to hug her and said that im sorry ..but suddenly a girl came running in front of her.

‘Youngie!’ The girl calls sooyoung and wave at her.

Sooyoung really left me stunned that night, she quickly walk to the girl that call her name and kiss her abruptly at the lips. I can see the girl widen her eyes and grab sooyoung’s shoulder tend to push her away but sooyoung tightly grab her waist and push her to the near side wall. She started to kiss and nibble her neck. The next minute, I don’t know if I have an eye-problem or my eyes are playing tricks on me, her eyes were looking at me, as if she knows who I am, the girl’s lips slowly crave a smile, a satisfying smile to me. The girl put her arms around sooyoung’s shoulder and grabs her hair to push towards her lips. Sooyoung on the other hand, didn’t retaliate to the girl’s movement. She just follows where the girl leads her to. Finally, I had enough. Instead of approaching the girl, I turn my back to her and run away. I admit defeated to her…