Awake

I said I wanted you to stay.

Lisa wakes up on the couch fully enveloped by a blanket, it’s the next day from her lone day with Jennie. 

She hears the sound of the shower. She can’t remember what happened in the movie, she dozed off the moment the movie started. What a sleepyhead. 

Jennie opens the door of the bathroom, she looks at Lisa and smiles.

“Good Morning, Lisa-yah” Jennie greeted.

“Good Morning, unnie. I’m sorry I fell asleep, did you finish the movie?” Lisa asks

“Yeah, I’m sorry I just let you sleep on the couch, you were so peaceful sleeping I didn’t wanna disturb that.” Jennie answers

“It’s okay, unnie. Btw Chaeyoung said she’s already on the way here.” Lisa’s relieved knowing they would have company 

 

Jennie enters her room, she wasn’t able to sleep that much because of thoughts, because of the action she didn’t expect she would do. She dries her hair and lies in bed, still in her stream of thought, without her knowing she wanders off into sleep. 

 

There was a knock on Jennie’s door, it was Lisa. 

“Can I come in, unnie?” Lisa asks while slowly opening the door making sure she doesn’t disturb Jennie in case she is asleep. 

“Yeah, of course. Come in, Lisa-yah.” Jennie answers as she yawns trying to fully wake herself from her sleep.

Lisa enters with a tray of food. It was delivered food for the girl does not do the cooking. 

“I brought you food, I didn’t want to eat alone. I figured you would be hungry as well, so I brought it here” Lisa smiles.

“You’re so thoughtful, Lisa-yah.” Jennie looks at her with googoo eyes

 

Lisa sets up the food on the bed and they eat. Everything’s perfectly normal right before Lisa asks a question. 

“Unnie?” Lisa utters

“Hmm?” Jennie reacts looking at Lisa

“Why did you kiss me?” Lisa looks at Jennie

Jennie just stares at Lisa, she doesn’t know how to respond, she doesn’t know what to do.

“Last night? Why did you kiss me?” Lisa asks again

“I-- I-- uhh” Jennie stutters, she doesn’t how to  explain her confused feelings

Lisa doesn’t take her eyes off Jennie

The tension grows

No one speaks

Lisa moves closer to Jennie

Jennie doesn’t move, she doesn’t avoid even though Lisa’s moving closer

“Close your eyes, Jennie” Jennie thought “Control your breathing” 

And she did 

Lisa reaches for a kiss

Jennie kisses her back

Jennie wraps her arms on Lisa’s neck

They kiss passionately

Lisa moves her hands through Jennie’s waist

She lays her on the bed

And Jennie wakes up. 

It was all a dream. 

She couldn’t believe the dream. Why was she dreaming about that happening? She became more confused, she wanted to go back to the dream. 

She closes her eyes, but she was already awake. 

Awake to the possibility that she wanted Lisa, now more than ever. This was her fear, even before and the fear keeps her awake, again.