Distance

I said I wanted you to stay.

Lisa was still uncomfortable with her members. She still feels pressured being the good person she is, she doesn’t want to disappoint them. 

 

“Hey Lisa-yah, you okay?” Rose asked the seemingly out of her body Lisa.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Why’d you ask?” Lisa asked.

“You just seem.. Never mind. I think you should try to be closer to the unnies.” Rose suggests

“I am close.. to Jisoo unnie, but you know how I just can’t look at Jennie unnie, she’s just too pretty to look at for me” Lisa argued.

“That sounds so hahaha, you know what just try Lisa-yah and for a fact I know how much Jennie unnie wants to be close with you as well.” Rose insists. 

 

A while later, Lisa enters the practice room and to her surprise Jennie was there as well. 

 

“Hi Lisa-yah” greeted Jennie

“Annyeong unnie.” answered shy Lisa

“Great timing, I wanted to ask if you could help me out with the steps for our special dance performance? Only if it’s okay, Lisa-yah~” asked Jennie

“This would be a great chance to be closer just like what Chaeyoung said, I just hope I don’t look too awkward” Lisa thought to herself. 

“Yes, of course, unnie” Lisa answered. 

“Thank you so much, Lisa-yah”, Jennie said while leaning in acting as if she was going to kiss Lisa’s cheek. 

 

Lisa just acted as if she didn’t see that and started stretching.

Jennie stretched as well while tying her hair into a ponytail and the seemingly shy girl with the girl can’t seem to take her eyes off Jennie. Jennie notices, but doesn't say a word. But you can feel the tension between them, the tension that has always been there the moment they first sat beside each other. 

 

They danced through the day, practicing every step, perfecting each move, laughing and having fun. 

 

“You really are a dance genius, Lisa-yah. Why don’t I take you out to dinner sometime, just a small thanks for today?” asked Jennie

“There’s no need for that, unnie. It’s my pleasure” Lisa answered

“No, I insist” emphasized Jennie

“Yeah, okay sure.” Lisa smiled. The thought of another day with just the two of them feels different. 

 

The two girls sit and lean on the glass while taking a breather from their exhausting practice session. 

 

“Lisa, can you massage my hands? Kekeke” Jennie asked.

“Hmmp” Lisa pretending like she’s annoyed in a very cute way. 

“Okay, give me your hands.” Lisa said while reaching out. 

Lisa have seen this a lot, you interlock the fingers and start putting pressure. So she did. 

They interlock fingers while Lisa puts pressure on Jennie’s hands. “Wow, you’re really good at this, Lisa-yah.” said Jennie. 

“You know Lisa, ever since we met there’s something I have always noticed about you.” she pauses

 

She continues and stares at Lisa who wasn’t even taking a glance on her. “You always smell really good.” Jennie smiled, feeling shy of her comment.

Lisa was about to answer but then Jisoo entered the practice room and said “Let’s go, Lisa-yah, Jendeukkie, our car’s waiting.” 

 

And so they went home, but still the comment and moments were living and lingering in Lisa’s head.

 

Lisa spends the night thinking, trying not to think, but was failed by her own stream of thoughts, thoughts of her day with Jennie. The girl whom she has been keeping a distance from for she knows the risk of falling for a girl, for she knows that Jennie was different from the day they met, there was a feeling, there is a feeling.