Troubles

Paying It With Marriage

 

                “Hyung, when are we going to send this stuff to the police?” Niel asked. The man from the other line did not let out any voice and it worried him because Chunji might have a little doubt about this matter.

                “Hmm, I still have to meet this one person. And then I’ll tell you.” Chunji sounded bitter. He really felt a little discomfort from his visit to his parents’ house this morning.

                Ah, maybe it’s nothing. Maybe the maid was really a desperate girl who wanted money to feed herself. Come on, not all people are bad, Chunji thought. But at times like this, he needed to keep an eye on all people who suddenly came into his life. He must paid attention or else he would regret it.

                “Alright, hyung. Do you have any other sources besides this one?”

                “No, but I have the person who played a small part in this. I’m going to meet him later and ask him everything I need to ask.” Chunji sighed.

                Niel covered his mouth. He didn’t know if he should question who was this particular person Chunji was referring to. Oh well, people said curiosity kills the cat but it does not hurt for a cat to wanting to know something. If he knows how to survive it, then he wouldn’t die.

                “Let me make a guess.” Niel tapped his chin. He was more than 50% sure that it was that guy but he needed confirmation from Chunji himself.

                “What is it?”

                “Is Song Hanbyul with you right now?”

                Chunji hissed. “Slow down your voice. What if people hear you? Where are you right now?”

                “Relax, hyung. I’m in my apartment. Just got back from classes.” Niel chuckled, hoping that his hyung wouldn’t be too panicked. He knew how to take care of it when he was in public. He’s 20 years old and realized that he needed to keep all this data in private.

                “Oh.” Chunji breathed. “Song Hanbyul is not with me. He is with my wife’s cousin.”

                Niel’s eyebrows furrowed. “Wait, what? Your wife’s cousin? Hyojin nuna’s cousin? How the hell did he end up there? And who on earth is this cousin?”

                “Have you ever heard of Woo perfume?”

                Niel tried to recall. Woo perfume, Woo perfume. Oh yes. His mother used one of their fragrances. And the one who owned that line – as much as he could remember – was a guy who looked pretty feminine and skinny. Well, it’s perfume. There’s nothing much he could say about it.

                “Ah, yes. Why?”

                Chunji chuckled. “What do you think of it?”

                “I think it has nothing to do with this case?” Niel guessed. “Maybe?”

                “Hyojin’s cousin is the owner of that perfume company.”

                “Hahaha you’ve got to be kidding, huh?”

                “I’m not kidding. I’m being serious here.” Chunji nodded even though Niel couldn’t see it.

                “Wait. The skinny blonde guy? He keeps Song Hanbyul with him?” Niel’s eyes widened. Whoa, that’s new. He meant, if you looked at Kevin for the first time, you might think of him as a weakling that did not even know what fist is.

                “Yes, he’s with him. Hmm I don’t quite know what kind of relationship they had in the past but this cousin of Hyojin said he could deal with Hanbyul for a while.”

                Still thinking, Niel let out his thought. Keeping a criminal is a crime. He thought it would be best for them to let the police take this and have Hanbyul along. “Hyung, are you at home right now?”

                “No, still in office. Reorganizing my files and stuff. Why?”

                “Let’s send Hanbyul together with this crazy data.”

                Chunji shifted from his seat. “Sure. We will do that together tomorrow. Call Ljoe along. He was with you when you went through the data base.”

                “So, the plan for tomorrow is that we go to the police and send Hanbyul.” Niel said. He really couldn’t wait for this time to come. He had worked hard to gather all the evidence and he just wanted to get rid of all of it from his apartment.

                “Yes, after I talk to this Hanbyul guy and get a few things from him.”

                Niel hummed. “Alright, hyung. By the way, it’s 11pm already. Be careful when you get home later.”

                Chunji smiled. Niel was such a great brother. He always reminded others and cared about them. Chunji really appreciated all his effort and how he wished Niel was his own biological brother. That young man seemed to be calmer when handling difficulties.

                “Fine, Niel. I’ll be careful. Goodnight.”

                “Goodnight.”

 

                Mr Park sighed heavily when he looked at how much money was there in his company’s account. He cursed those who did that to him. The company could not be saved anymore. He only put his hope on Sena, who was collecting contracts from the oversea companies. But knowing Sena wouldn’t be happy to give all her hard work to him, Mr Park groaned.

                “Stupid daughter.” He cursed silently while fixing his gaze on the files in front of him.

                He rubbed his chin repeatedly, thinking of how he could persuade Sena to give him the money to revive this company again. At the same time, he was worrying about the police who could just come with guns and pointed them to him while saying he was arrested for this and this.

                His heart beat faster. Anger was building up. He really needed to plan everything properly. He had sent one of the girls to the Lee residence to do her task. Mr Park was unsure about his other plan. It’s not like he was going to enjoy the scene anyway. He was probably going to be in jail around that time.

                Breaking family was never an easy thing when his own family was at the verge of that crisis as well. Sena was drifting away from him and his wife. She was not the little girl that always listened to them anymore. She shouted back when they shouted at her, she slammed the door when they wanted to talk about things, she refused to eat dinner together because she said she had important things to do at the office.

                A soft knock was heard on the door and Mr Park ordered the person to come in. A young woman dressed in white office attire walked in with her head hung low and a piece of document in her hand.

                “Sena, what do you want to talk about?” Mr Park looked at his only daughter. He sensed something not good but he kept the emotion on his face strong.

                “Here.” Sena handed out the document. “I want you to read it and sign it.”

                Mr Park took the piece of paper and put on his reading glasses. He read the content thoroughly and from what Sena could see from her father’s face, he wasn’t happy. Mr Park slammed the paper on the desk and glared at his daughter through those tiny glasses.

                “What do you mean by this?!” Mr Park shouted. Sena chuckled at his reaction as she leaned to the desk and tapped the place where he should put down his signature.

                “Appa, I thought you know how to read.” Sena smirked. “Hmm, let me read the most important one, okay?”

                “With this, I, Park Hyunsim, will pass all the business concerning Park Automobile with other companies and the company itself to Park Sena. Park Sena will take over my legacy and she will be responsible for every single matter regarding Park Automobile.”

                “Hmm, which part of this thing you do not understand? I will explain it again to you.” Sena put the document in front of Mr Park.

                “I can’t believe I have a daughter like you.” Mr Park shook his head and moved the document aside.

                “And I can’t believe I have a father like you. I can’t believe I have both you and umma as my parents.” Sena shrugged.

                “You are very ungrateful, Sena. How could you talk back to me?!”

                “You ask for it, appa. I hate what you’re doing right now. I hate how you make other people kill for you. I hate how you just smile when people died. You’re cruel, appa. You’re cruel.” Sena said in a flat tone. She shoved a pen to her father’s hand and stared at him as if giving him the cue to sign.

                “I won’t do this if you’re not my daughter. You should be thankful that you’re the only one that I have in mind to ..”

                Sena cut her father out. “Quit talking. Just do it already.”

                Just when Mr Park about to place the tip of the pen to the paper, his assistant rushed in and showed some nervousness on his face. Sena groaned at the scene. Such a moment ruiner.

                “What is it now?” Mr Park sighed.

                “Janey said she needs more time to do it. She thought someone might have felt something about her presence there. She requested for more time and hope that you’d be patient about it.” The assistant said.

                Mr Park tapped his chin. Hmm, there’s no need to rush. If it was rushed, then people would have sudden speculations of how it happened and how it might relate to other things and his family.

                “Tell Janey to take as much time as she wants.” Mr Park told him.

                The assistant bowed and nodded fervently. “Alright, Mr Park. Sorry for the bother.”

               The man left the office and Sena who was just a bystander during that mini discussion began to feel uncomfortable. Her father was still going to go on with that plan. And she was not glad about it.

                “Appa.” Sena furrowed her eyebrows. “You are ridiculous.”

                Mr Park shrugged. “I’ll do anything to destroy them.”

               

                You were surprised to see Chunji in the kitchen, fixing breakfast. He did not realize you were there as you just slowly walked to the fridge to take a pitch of orange juice. Chunji managed to let out a gasp when he caught you staring at him.      

                “Next time, please say good morning to me.” Chunji then chuckled as he messed with the scramble eggs inside the frying pan. You gave him a back hug and nuzzled his back.

                He missed dinner last night and you were kind of disappointed actually. You understood he was busy and you thought maybe you need to be prepared for this. He might get busier in the future and who knows he would just sleep in the office and come back in the morning just to take a bath and eat.

                “Hey, I’m sorry for coming home late.” Chunji said. You were still hugging him and he could feel you nodding against his back.

                Pulling away, you stood beside him to look at the scrambled egg. “It’s fine. I know you were busy. But you didn’t skip your dinner, right?” You leaned your chin on his shoulder.

                Chunji pecked your nose. “Hmm, of course I would eat dinner. Skipping meals is not healthy.” He nodded. The scrambled egg was done and he poured them into a small bowl. Then, he placed a few slices of bread into the toaster. The next thing he did was frying the bacon. Hmm, Chunji and his American breakfast.

                “What did you eat last night?” You asked him. “Fancy food?”

                Chunji smiled nervously. “Uh, instant noodles?”

                You shook your head and crossed your arms. “Yah, Lee Chanhee, do you know how many artificial and MSG in a cup of instant noodles? It’s not good for your body. The next time I know you eat that thing again, I will ignore you for a week.”

                “Hey, that’s not fair. That was the first cup I had in a few months.” Chunji pouted. He focused on frying the semi-cooked bacon now and flipped them sometimes to make sure it was not fully cooked. The juice in the bacon is what makes it tasty.

                “Fine. But you should opt for healthy food. Salad is good too.” You tied up your hair into a ponytail and helped Chunji to fix him a coffee.

                “Ah, really. Why do I have such a nagging wife?” He said it out loud and then laughed to himself. You poked him with a spoon, causing his laughter to grow.

                “I just concern about you, okay?” You said in a matter-of-fact tone.

                “This is why I love you!” Chunji kissed your cheek and hugged you.

                You pushed him away and continue stirring the coffee. “Yeah, right. By the way, why are you up so early?”

                “Oh, I have something to do.” Chunji said. He suddenly remembered his reason for waking up so early. He needed to ask you something and he really needed your cooperation to make this happen.

                “Early meeting at the company?” You asked. He shook his head.

                “No. Um, how should I say this?” He placed the bacon into a plate and then took off his apron. “Can you give me your cousin’s phone number and address?”

                You blinked. “What? Cousin? You mean Kevin oppa?”

                Chunji looked around before nodded. “Yes! And I really need give them because we are going to hand Hanbyul to the police today.”

 

                Kevin hummed lazily as he threw his phone to the kitchen counter. He walked to Hanbyul who seemed to be skinnier than before and lifted his chin up. They fed him three times a day with delicious food but this man over here only took small bites of it. Very ungrateful.

                “How are you today, Yul?” He asked.

                “I’m doing just fine, thank you for asking.” Hanbyul smiled faintly. Kevin pushed his face aside and faked a cough.

                “Chunji is coming today. He’s going to talk to you. Don’t ask me the thing he wanted to discuss with you because I know nothing.” Kevin grunted and sipped on his coffee.

                Moonhyun walked into the living room, looking dazed in his towel. He noticed the tension in the air and saw Kevin’s moody face.

                “Hey, what’s going on?” He blurted.

                “Nothing much, that Chunji kid is coming.” Kevin glanced at Moonhyun.

                “Really? Oh, that’s pretty… good, I guess?”

                Kevin scoffed. “Yeah, and we can send this dude off.”

                Twenty minutes later, they heard the bell to their apartment rang and Moonhyun immediately went to open the front door. Revealed there, Chunji with a serious expression masking his face.

                “Oh hey there.” Moonhyun said and let him came in. Chunji stepped slowly into the apartment and be careful with everything that was almost glass. Then, he saw the person he wanted to punch really bad but he tried to keep with himself first.

                “Hey, pretty boy. Welcome.” Kevin patted Chunji’s shoulder and waved his hand at Hanbyul. “Do anything you want with him.”

                Moonhyun laughed. “You made it sounds gay, Kev.”

                “Ah, Moonhyun~ Don’t spoil the mood.” Kevin punched the man’s shoulder lightly.

                “Until when are you going to keep this man here?” Chunji suddenly asked while looking at Hanbyul. Hanbyul replied back by glaring at him.

                Kevin raised both of his hands to his shoulder level. “Hmm, Sena came to my office yesterday.”

                Chunji tilted his head. “Sena? As in Park Sena, the daughter of Park Hyunsim?”

                “Correct.” Kevin snapped his fingers. “She told me to keep Yul with me for a while until her father is arrested.”

                “Wait, so she knows it?” Chunji bit his lower lip.

                “Know what?” Kevin blinked. Hanbyul just stared at him, waiting for more things to come out.

                “I mean, so she knows that her father is going to be caught by the police, huh? That means Hanbyul is coming along to the station?” Chunji shoved both of his hands to the pocket.

                “Whoa, stop right there.” Kevin placed his palm in front of Chunji. “What happened? Park Hyunsim? Explain.”

                Chunji sighed. “Well, I have this bunch of friends who helped me to find out who’s the real culprit behind the murder and the stolen money. And we found out that it was Mr Park and of course, this man who does not even know what the hell is dignity.” He went to Hanbyul and threw a punch on his face, leaving his nose bleeding.

                “Great punch for a newbie like you.” Moonhyun commented.

                “Thanks.” Chunji smiled. “Hmm, but I have one more important thing to ask you, so-called Mr Song Hanbyul.”

                Kevin and Moonhyun just watched the two of them as if they were in the cinema, watching a very interesting thriller movie. Chunji leaned down to Hanbyul’s level, his hands were on the collar of Hanbyul’s level.

                “Tell me. What’s Mr Park current plan?”

                Hanbyul smirked. “I’m not going to tell you, Mr Lee. Not ever.” He shook his head.

                The grip on the collar was tightened. “Then answer me this one thing. Is the new maid in my parents’ house is a part of his plan?”

                “Oh.” Hanbyul looked down but then looked at Chunji again with that poker look. “I think it’s time for you to be extra careful.”

                “Sena told me that too, Chunji.” Kevin interrupted. “You have to be cautious.”

 


/dies

I'm so grateful to have subscribers/readers like you guys. Have a great day ahead! ^^