Thirteen

The Devil Raises Hell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jongin had first shown him the matching clothes with the same bright pattern, Kyungsoo had scoffed. He had sworn out loud that he would not be seen outside wearing matching clothes with his entire family. However, with some whining (really, who would have thought that Jongin would be whining at his age) he’d been easily dragged into it.

Now that they were out on the island Kyungsoo could not feel happier about this. Jongin was wearing shorts with the blue pattern, matching that of his light shirt. Several meters in front of them, Jia and Jisu were running. Jia’s dress and Jisu’s overalls, matching the happy blue of the family items, personally and generously prepared for them by none other than Baekhyun.

Sure, he did feel the curious stares of other tourists, but ultimately, he did not really care. Jongin was holding his hand, breeze in their faces, sand between their toes. Jia’s laughter was loud when she sent water flying in Jisu’s direction every time they ran closer to the waves washing over the shore. Jisu’s eyes were shining brightly when he ran over to them to show him the curious seashells he picked up from the beach. And those matching patterns only made Kyungsoo smile wider now.

Right, it was cheesy and it was outright lame. But it was his family – those three people who held his entire universe, the three people he loved unconditionally. And he wanted the entire world to know that they were his. His loving husband, his playful daughter, his charming son. His beautiful family.

Kyungsoo supposed they were permitted one dumb family fashion choice on their vacation, and this was it. Besides, as a dad, he felt like it was his solemn duty to honour the dad code and own at least one hideous shirt.

Kyungsoo almost cried when the hotel staff told them about the children entertainment options. Coincidentally, the hotel was throwing some pre-teen party that evening, undoubtedly just so they could rip off their customers. Whatever it was, one sharp look from Kyungsoo made Jongin swipe his card out.

He supposed he had to feel some remorse for ditching his children, but really, he could not bring himself to feel even a tiny bit bad. Not when he got to have a quiet, romantic dinner with his husband for the first time in what felt like centuries. It felt almost foreign, a sensation so distant now that it was so rare. Sitting with Jongin in a dimly lit booth, a popped champagne on their table and almost no space between them. He felt like a teenager all over again, heart fluttering in his chest at every tender look and feathery brush of fingers under the table.

The more the night progressed, the harder his heart drummed in his chest. His skin was heated, his lips swollen. Jongin’s touches were harder now, filled with intent, purpose, need and want. Every single moment that they had together, every single minute that they could spare for just the two of them, they were making use of right now. Pleasure was coursing through his body with every move, with every twist. The imagery of Jongin below him, features twisted in ecstasy; the cool brush of the ocean breeze slipping through the open balcony door; the serenity of the silence around them, giving way to their soft moans and whispers to fill up the entire toom – all of it was building up to this moment, to his thighs giving away and his arms failing him. To his vision turning white and absolute pleasure bursting inside him, making his entire body tingle in his high.

And then he was in Jongin’s arms – spent and exhausted, sticky with sweat and . Yet so satisfied. So complete.

He didn’t know how long they just stood there, a tangled mess of limbs. Maybe minutes, maybe hours. He just knew his palm was resting on Jongin’s heaving chest, feeling his heart slowly dropping into a normal rhythm.

“Do you think that we’re getting predictable?” Jongin’s voice penetrated the silence then. He spoke quietly, but it sounded loud in the empty room. Kyungsoo just kept tracing aimless patterns on his husband’s skin. “That we’re getting boring?”

“Boring?”  Kyungsoo’s finger froze, immediately stopping its random tracing. He tilted his chin up, catching Jongin’s hooded gaze. “Were you bored just now? Cause if you were, then I think we have a problem.”

“No, you know that’s not what I mean,” Jongin’s sigh was heavy, and Kyungsoo felt his eyebrows knitting together. Jongin used his free arm to just gesture around the room aimlessly. “I mean all of this. We’re busy all the time. Between work, Jia and Jisu, we barely have time for each other. And when we do, it’s always just so...rushed. So quick.”

Kyungsoo shifted a little then, pushing himself up on his elbows to look at Jongin. He had a dazed look on his face, but his fingertips were still gently grazing his skin, the slightly ticklish sensation entirely too comfortable and welcome.

“We could make it last longer,” he whispered, and he leaned down. He caught Jongin’s gaze before pressing a kiss against the soft curve of his neck, just below his jawline. His kisses slowly moved up Jongin’s jaw. He contained his smile when Jongin’s fingers dug into his skin a little harder, desperately not letting go as he pulled him closer. Kyungsoo’s lips brushed against Jongin’s ear. “If it’s me, I can try- “

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin let out a breathy chuckle, an almost desperate one. Kyungsoo blinked in surprise when his husband reached up to stop him from leaving yet another mark on his neck. Instead, he pulled him over himself, staring right into his eyes. He felt that same soft touch of familiar fingertips on his skin, dragging along his spine up to his shoulders. Dancing on his neck and then over his lips. Jongin brushed his hair aside, a warm palm cupping his cheek. Kyungsoo sighed and leaned into the touch, and Jongin just smiled. “Shut up. You’re perfect.”

Kyungsoo leaned down, pressing their lips together. A lingering touch allowing them to communicate without the words.

He threw a quick look towards the clock. He didn’t know how much more time they had before that party downstairs ended, he didn’t know how much more time they had for this.

He just knew that Jongin’s fingers were still digging into him, holding him tight and close, and that was everything that mattered. It wasn’t him, it wasn’t Jongin. It was life.

“Maybe we’re just getting old,” he let out finally, the laughter lacing his tone as he just plopped himself down on Jongin’s chest. His husband adjusted his head against the pillow, looking down towards him. He raised an eyebrow and Kyungsoo reached out to run his fingers through his unruly hair, messing it up even more. He pulled on the hair slightly, before grinning. “I mean, look at this. You even have a white hair now.”

He expected another breathy chuckle, or maybe an eyeroll. With a possible clapback followed by another kiss.

What he did not expect was Jongin stiffening underneath him, his eyes widening in a way that he had not anticipated. Sheer panic flashed through his face, and Kyungsoo did not have enough time to process what was happening, before Jongin had practically rolled him over just to stand up from the bed with the speed of light.

Kyungsoo could only manage to blink twice as he watched Jongin’s hair anxiously flying up to his hair as he rushed across the room towards the dresser with the large mirror.

By the time his brain processed that, Jongin was already twisting his face to every side, fingers threading through his own hair, looking for the traitorous white hair. And when Kyungsoo finally caught up to his lover’s actions, he couldn’t stop the hearty laugh that slipped past his lips.

Jongin turned to look at him then, eyes holding a mixture of love, desperation and defeat. Maybe even a little distrust, after he had failed to find any white hairs on his head. He just raised his eyebrows.

“That’s not funny at all.”

“Oh, come on,” Kyungsoo grinned, rolling out from the bed too. He approached Jongin, arms opening to pull him into a hug from behind. He rested his chin on his husband’s shoulder, peeking over it towards the mirror. He could see their reflection in the dim light of the room. “It was a little funny.”

He could feel Jongin taking a deep breath beneath him, he could feel his shoulders rising and falling. He could feel him raising a hand to intertwine their fingers.

“We’re not predictable and boring,” Kyungsoo whispered, voice now reduced to a more comforting volume. To a promise. “We’re just growing up.”

“I feel like that is all happening too fast,” Jongin sighed then, and their eyes met in the mirror. Kyungsoo felt Jongin squeezing his palm a little tighter. “One moment we’re young, we’re all over each other, travelling the world. Next moment we’re betting against time. It is just slipping away and we’re growing older and it just...it , you know.”

Kyungsoo hummed against Jongin’s skin, just clinging on to him for a few long moments.

“You make it sound like it’s all bad, though,” he ended up saying. “Yes, we’re growing. Yes, we’re getting older. But we’re in it together. Till death do us part, right?”

Kyungsoo’s lips shifted into a little smile when Jongin pulled their intertwined fingers to his lips. He felt the soft touch of a gentle kiss on his knuckles.

“I’m happy that I get to spend my life with you, Kim Jongin,” he sighed. His heart felt at peace, the sincerest words dropping from his lips and soaking into Jongin’s heart. “I’m happy to be here for every single moment. Good and bad. For every single hurdle, for every celebration. For every wrinkle and white hair- “

“Wrinkle?!”

“Okay, now you’re just spiralling.”

“Turn around.”

Kyungsoo stepped back to look at Joy getting up on the stand and turning around. His eyes were scrutinizing as he went over every single detail on the clothes, gaze shooting to the sharp lines and the soft details.

“Get the larger size of the jacket,” he said, watching the different people in the room immediately moving. One of the stylists immediately produced the right jacket, handing it to Joy. The model slipped It on and Kyungsoo moved forward, personally reaching out to run his hand down the sharp line of the shoulder pads. He nodded. “Yeah. A much better fit. Put that down for the campaign video.”

“You should add a hat.”

Kyungsoo blinked at the intrusion of a gentle, bright voice. He looked back over his shoulders, to the couch in the distant corner of the room, away from the mess of rolling clothing racks and models.

Jongin and Jia were standing there. Jongin was perched on the armrest of the couch, nimble fingers playing with Jia’s long and shiny black hair. Kyungsoo saw him holding a bobby pin between his lips, a look of content on his face as he aimlessly braided the long hair before running his fingers through it again. Jia didn’t seem to mind. In fact, she was sitting with her legs crossed on the couch, curious eyes pinned on Joy.

“A hat?” Kyungsoo decided to entertain his daughter. He raised an eyebrow. “Which one?”

Jia tilted her head a little, eyes shooting around the room before finally locating the table with the accessories. Kyungsoo tried to contain the half-smile, before he jugged his chin.

“Come on, then. Pick one.”

Jia threw a quick excited look towards him, before jumping up from the couch. Jongin’s fingers slipped out of her hair as she rushed forward, diving towards the table with the accessories. He threw an almost accusing look towards Kyungsoo, reaching up to get the bobby pin away from his mouth.

“You stole my emotional comfort.”

“If you want to pet someone for emotional comfort, I suggest bringing Monggu next time,” Kyungsoo twisted his arms in front of his chest. Then, as he waited for Jongin to lazily walk up next to him, he asked. “Where is he, by the way? And where is Jisu?”

“I left them with Chanyeol. Jisu wanted to go with him to his studio, Chanyeol agreed. Monggu’s with them.”

Kyungsoo blinked quickly, as he heard shuffling around the table. Jia was picking up different hats, examining them tenaciously before putting them back down.

“Are you sure that’s fine?” Kyungsoo reached up to rub the back of his neck. He was tired. “Chanyeol’s cool with that? I mean, Jisu must have spent h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter