Chapter Four

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter Four:]

 

Just a smile and the rain is gone

Can hardly believe it (yeah)

There's an angel standing next to me

Reaching for my heart.....

 

-Westlife (I Lay my Love on You)

 

 

 

 

 

Its the first day of another school year and finally I am on my last year before graduating as a nurse. I woke up early to get ready since Im so excited and I dont want to be late on the first day!!! And also, Jimin will start his first year in college today, we'll be attending the same University but in different program. He's taking up BS Biology.  

 

 

 

We are now already on our way to school riding a bus and I noticed that the sky is threatening to pour heavy rain but I ignored it since I feel different today. Seems like good things will happen to me today! 

 

 

 

"Noona, you look like a retard snickering alone." I heard Jimin muttering beside me and because of what he uttered, my smile dropped and sent him a death glare. 

 

 

 

"And you, you look like a serial killer who dont know how to smile." I ranted at him and I plan to ignore him for the rest of the ride. But since I want to annoy him back I raised my eyebrows and said. "Yah!! Jimin-ah, you still haven't told me what happened between you and Dahyun and why you despised her so much?"

 

 

 

"I told her the truth........ that I dont like her." He quipped as if he really doesnt care. 

 

 

 

Whuut?!?!?!

 

 

 

"Yah!!!!! How can you say that to her? Then she's hurting now for sure! I wont be surprised if she hates you right now!" I scolded him which caught other passengers attention. Jimin looks older than I am and they must be wondering why I'm ranting at him. 

 

 

 

"I just dont get it, you girls hates when we men beats around the bush but when we tell you the truth you'll just gonna explode there and cry!" 

 

 

 

"Yes, we prefer real talk as much as possible but not to the point that it's degrading..... duhh??? We're humans too." 

 

 

 

Jimin and I has yet to experience what love is, but between the two of us, Jimin is a hopeless case. Jimin is bitter towards love while I still do believe in falling in love, it just that I always do my best to avoid it. 

 

 

 

I took a glance again at the darkening sky, Up until now I still dont understand what Im feeling. Its as if I have already experience how to love and be hurt. But I just dont remember when and to whom. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As we arrived at school, I told Jimin that I'll him to his classroom but the idiot just glared at me and said he's no longer a child and can stand in his own. So I just directly went into my first class which I will share with Lisa. 

 

 

 

Algebra is a subject for first years but since Lisa and I wasnt able to enroll and take algebra classes on time (since everytime we applied for it, the slots is already full) we are now taking it along with the freshmen. 

 

 

 

As I entered the classroom, my new classmates are behaving like a true freshmen should. They are so quiet, some are playing on their phones while some are smiling shyly at me. 

 

 

 

I waved at Lisa as I saw her sitting on the farthest part of the room. She smiled at me and motioned at the vacant chair next to hers. 

 

 

I sauntered to her and gave her a hug before I sat down on the chair. 

 

 

 

"Fug, good thing you're already here. My age stands too much here, gosh, they are all so young!!" Lisa exclaimed. 

 

 

 

Lisa and I chatted for over half an hour since our Professor is still not around. Then she mentioned that Dahyun is also studying here in the university taking up BS Biology. 

 

 

 

"What? I thought she said that she wants to move on from my jerk brother?"

 

 

 

"Well, you know you can say harsh things on someone but when that someone smiles and winks at you, you'll forget that you're angry at them." Lisa said while laughing 

 

 

 

After a minute, we stopped from chatting when we noticed that someone was coming thru the door. And my eyes has gone as wide as a saucer when I recognized that someone!

 

 

 

"Goodmorning class, my name is Jeon Jungkook and I will be your Algebra teacher for this semester." He started while putting his laptop on his table. 

 

 

 

Whuuuuuut???

 

 

 

 

WHY HIM?!?!?!

 

 

 

 

I was startled when Lisa suddenly grabbed my arm and whispered in my ears. "Fug, Im pretty sure Jennie and Jisoo would be extremely jealous if they'll know that their ultimate crush is our Algebra teacher, hehehehe." Then she pulled her phone out and texted Jennie and Jisoo. 

 

 

 

I took a glance at the window beside me and noticed that it is already raining outside, I clutched unto my heart. I can already feel that the next few days will not be easy for me. 

 

 

 

"Hey! You're spacing out again, are you okay?" Lisa asked, I saw Professor Jeon walking out from the door, saying that he forgot his math textbook in his office.

 

 

 

"Fug, this is not good. We need to change our class!" 

 

 

 

"Wae? Why though? Dont you think its fun? I mean having a handsome math teacher is not too bad." 

 

 

 

"Noooooo! I can feel something bad is going to happen!" 

 

 

 

Lisa just laughed at my face. "Yaah Park Chaeyoung!! Bad? Do you really think Professor Jeon will do something bad?" What to do? I need to convince Lisa that taking his class will do us no good.   

 

 

 

"I mean...... he will fail us in this class! He will not let us graduate, so please lets go ahead and change our class!" She laughed again at my face, and called me a desperate frog. 

 

 

 

"He looks kind for me and he will not fail you...... you're our walking calculator, remember?" She said, I was about to reply when I noticed that Prof. Jeon has arrived with his textbook. I was literally gawking at him from the moment he took a sit behind his table. He's wearing a button down light green polo shirt and black pants. He has a messy hair that makes him look so hot and he's also wearing a silver watch. 

 

 

 

"Does he look like a bad guy for you Chae?..... coz for me, he looks like a greek God." Lisa whispered.

 

 

 

Tsss... she's stressing me out. 

 

 

 

"Park, Chaeyoung!" I was startled when Prof. Jeon called my name. He's holding the list of his students and is staring directly at me. I was mesmerized by his hazelnut colored eyes.... its making me weak--------

 

 

 

"Fug, Prof. Jeon is calling you!" Lisa said while nudging me. I suddenly stood up from my chair, and noticed that everyone inside the room is looking at me. 

 

 

 

"Y-yes sir!" I answered while wringing my hands nervously. 

 

 

 

"You may sit here." He said while motioning on the chair situated in front of his table. WAE????

 

 

 

He was assigning us a seating arrangement and he wants me in front of him! Wae?? Im already comfortable from where Im currently sitting! 

 

 

 

"Miss Park? You dont want the seat?" He asked. I cant really read the expression on his face, its between annoyance and grim satisfaction since Im still standing and just staring at him. 

 

 

 

"Ah-- I want to be with you sir!" I answered and then I suddenly realized that my answer has a double meaning! I saw Lisa sniggering beside me and some of my classmates are grinning. Aish.... 'I want to be with you, sir!' Sounds r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter