Chapter One

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Chapter One:]

 

And though the season change 

Our love remains the same

You face the thunder

When the sunshine turns to rain~

 

 

-A1 (Like a Rose)

 

 

 

 

 

 

They said, the reason why it rains is because a Goddess is crying for the love she lost. 

 

 

"I will cry for you, until you'll soak in my tears."

 

 

"Yaah Chaeyoung-ah!! Whats with being an emo?" Lisa shouted, we are now riding a bus on the way to home. I was sitting beside the window and watching as the rain falls outside. Although its only 4pm but looking outside, its already dark. 

 

 

 

Its a good thing we were sent home much earlier than scheduled since our Professor is not around. I saw a lot of people outside, some are busy running around looking for a place to hide from the rain. Some were walking on the streets covered with their umbrella and some were brave enough to walk in the rain without anything to cover themselves. 

 

 

 

"Tss... I dont understand myself either. Its just that, everytime it rains I feel so sad and it hurts here." Chaeyoung said while pointing at her heart. 

 

 

 

Lisa gave her an are-you-using-drugs-look.

 

 

 

I just laughed at her reaction. Hahahah, I cant help but smack Lisa on her arms since she's always like that. Annoying, loud and tactless. Anyways, her name is Lalisa Manoban but we call her Lisa. We were bestfriends since we're in highschool and now we are on our last year in college. Both of us is taking up Nursing. 

 

 

 

And I am Park Chaeyoung, nineteen and an incoming 4th year college in Seoul University. Well, I will be a 4th years student if I pass the final exams tomorrow. And since Lisa and I are perfect students, we have never reviewed our lessons. Instead of reviewing earlier in library, we just watched EXO’s latest music video 'Love Shot'. Both of us are EXO-L’s hahaha! 

 

 

 

"You know what fug? You're such a drama queen. Tss... everything happens for a reason. You should see yourself, you're acting like a broken hearted girl while looking outside the window in a music video, pffft." Lisa said in a loud voice that caught other passengers attention toward us. Good thing Im used to her loud mouthedness(?). And yes, we call ourselves 'fug' short for ing ugly hahahaha.

 

 

 

I just sent her an evil glare. 

 

 

 

"But seriously fug, I also notice that everytime it rains you feel so down. I think you do have a Seasonal Affective Disorder." Lisa told me and I sent her another can-I-kill-you-now look. "Kidding!" She said after I sent her the look. 

 

 

 

Tss... actually at first I thought I do have Seasonal Affective Disorder. Its a kind of depression that is related in changes of seasons. But I know its not. 

 

 

 

"Im maybe mentally ill, someone who bites when I loses my mind rawrr!" I tried to bite her hands off that took her aback, hahahah. If you could only see her epic reaction, pfft. 

 

 

Our attention was caught when we heard a loud voice and it dawned on us that the driver turned the tv on.

 

 

 

'Tropical cyclone Arirang is estimated to devastate Seoul on Saturday at 2:30am. All residents in known flooded areas are advised to evacuate before its too late. Tropical cyclone Arirang is said to bring strong winds of 140kms per hour.......'

 

 

"Tss... I hate it when it rains. See what I told you fug, everything happens for a reason. And the reason why its raining today is because there's an incoming storm." Lisa reasoned out while I just nodded my head. 

 

 

 

"Okay ahjumma!" I . 

 

 

 

"You should just get a boyfriend, so you'll have a reason to emote whenever it rains." She teases me back while showing me the picture of her boyfriend, Bam-Bam. 

 

 

 

"No way fugs.... I'd rather be an old maid that get myself a boy boyfriend." 

 

 

 

"But Bam-Bam is not a boy!" Lisa defended her boyfriend. "He's a gentleman..... but I like it better when he gets naughty, kyaaahh!!" She shrieked while giggling.

 

 

 

Though I must admit, Bam-Bam is kinda cute. But most of the time, he's an . And Lisa met him on tinder, tss.

 

 

 

"Okay fine, but looking at you now makes me realized that you're worst than a girl who's heart was broken over and over again although you've never even had a boyfriend before. And------" she stopped ranting since her phone rung. 

 

 

 

Since Lisa is talking on her phone (its Bam-Bam who's calling) Chaeyoung just focused on watching the rain outside. Its still raining hard and I can see the raindrops splattering on the window. 

 

 

 

I took a glance at the darkened sky, and it seems like rain is now slowly falling from the sky. And then I remembered the questions that's been hunting me since I was a child.......

 

 

 

Why is it I felt like my heart is connected to rain? I dont understand why I felt heaviness in my heart whenever I saw the rain falling from the sky. I dont remember any sad instances in my life that is connected to rain...... but why do I feel like there is something I dont remember. 

 

 

 

Lisa is right..... I never had a boyfriend but I do have crushes, its just that those crushes did not develop into love. Thats why I dont understand why I felt like I had already loved and was hurt. 

 

 

 

Maybe Im really loosing my mind, haaaays.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Im home!" I shouted as I entered our home. 

 

 

 

"Oh Chaeyoung, I already cooked your favorite food. Are you hungry?" My mom asked, she's holding a tupperware. My mom is quiet plump, she's white skinned and has squinty eyes. Typical korean mother. 

 

 

 

"I'll eat later mom, I just need to change first." I said and directly went to my room. Actually I shared my room with my brother, Jimin. As I opened the door, I saw him on the study table using the laptop. Jimin is 16years old and is much mature than I am. Maybe because he's a boy genius. His special skills is in science. While I prefer mathematics. Math is my first love, and I think I do have my forever with it. 

 

 

 

"Noona, look Im studying here." He said snottily. I think I distracted him when I opened the cabinet and it resonates an icky sound. My brother has a snotty and mysterious attitude and I think thats the reason why he has his own fanclub although his not an idol. Though I must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter