Attention

Coffee & Cream

That bastard!



 When Sehun said that he was going to be busy the moment they went opening the coffee shop - he meant it. He knew people gonna come out lining in front of his coffee shop, just to get a glimpse and taste of the new coffee in the neighborhood and truthfully, Sehun didn’t mind - somehow glad that Baekhyun knew how to promote the shop very well using the platform of his social medias.

Thus, early in the morning - the moment they went finished with the usual morning preparations, the customers were already lining up in front of the shop and was scrambling inside when Jongin the ‘open’ sign and let out a smile to have them entered the cafe.

And Sehun loved that. 

He loved the anticipations from the customers, he loved their excitement and bubbling expressions upon coming into the cafe and wanted to try something knew. 

He and Minseok were busy behind the counters, making coffees and taking out the breads, while Baekhyun was busy with the counter and orders.

Jongin on the other hand was busy with passing the drinks and foods to the customers that were already on the their own seats and managed to give a flirty wink whenever they went teasing him - just wait until Kyungsoo knows that, and the guy probably wouldn’t hear the end of it. 

Speaking of the man, Kyungsoo was busy in the kitchen - somehow glad that he wasn’t out there to meet with the customers that were piling every seconds and have a forced smile on his face. 

He literally got the chills when he put the breads that he had baked on the display panels in front for a moment and have all of the girls ogling him like he was a piece of art. 

He didn’t want to go through that again.

“Soo, breads...?” Sehun went asking, popping his head from the door and Kyungsoo had to glare at the man. 

“I already sent a batch out there.”

“And I told you, we need another one.”

“Calm down, I only have two hands.”

“That’s why I gave those machines for you.”

“Jeez Sehun, I know. It takes time.” Kyungsoo went sighing, not even bothered with his boss’s raising tone.

“I can see your impatientness is boiling.”

Sehun rolled his eyes at the remarks. “Impatientness isn’t a word.”

“Oh? Oh? Now it’s not a word? How about when you used it when we were playing words?! That’s a word, then?!”

At that, Sehun a deep breath from between his teeth and quickly moved away from the said man, knowing that Kyungsoo might get more dramatic and ended up bringing everything up that has ever happened before. 

“Kyungsoo is acting like a .” he mumbled, somehow earning a chuckle from Minseok in return. 

The guy went looking at Sehun with his usual eye smiles under his round glasses. “Is it that time of the month?”

Sehun snickered, looking at the orders that had came thru from Baekhyun. “Probably.”

“He’s ing dramatic.”

“And we love him like that.” Baekhyun batted on his lashes, giving more orders for the guys and have the two rolled their eyes at it. 

“We have no discrimination. We love Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo for president.” Baekhyun then leaned forward to a customer, making her blushed at the sudden action. 

“Vote for Kyungsoo.”

“A - alright.” the girl went mumbling, probably didn’t know what she was saying or had agreed upon - she just said what she had thought when the guy that she had been ogling was too close to her face. 

Sehun rolled his eyes, never minded with the flirty remarks from Baekhyun - knowing that it somehow managed to get a few interests from the ladies.

Though, it somehow annoyed him - knowing that most of the customers expected all of them went all flirty towards them just because someone was doing so. 

And Sehun hated that.

He hated being all flirty. 

Truthfully, he just came to make coffees.

But services is still a services and being all nice and friendly was a part of having a coffee shop too - so he forced himself to smile, earning a few bashful looks from the customers that went picking their coffees and ended up making his usual resting face the moment he turned around.

Making Minseok laughed at it.

 

 

 

“Dear Sora, don’t mind on the new coffee shop that was opening. You need to have a healthy competitive business in your life sometimes.”

Sora went saying in a high pitched voice, hands grasped together like she was singing some Christmas song in front of a stranger’s house.

Before she batted her lashes prettily and Joohyun went sighing, knowing that her friend was pointing the words to her and she didn’t even bothered to say anything about it as she went looking behind their coffee shop window and looked at the boys’ cafe that was packed with customers.

While their cafe was empty with nobody came by, and Sora sighed at that - imagining a fallen leaves went swirling in wind when she looked at her empty coffee shop. 

She wanted to cry. 

“That cafe is packing.” Joy went saying, looking through the binoculars as all the staffs of the coffee shop went lining against the window glass and peeked over the new coffee shop that just had been opened. 

“It looks fun.” Seulgi commented. “Can’t we go there?” 

She said, but quickly zipped on her lips when Sora went glaring her the next second. 

“There’s no fun in that.” Sora groaned, feeling agitated at knowing her own staff was aww-ing at the competition across them. 

And her eyes squinted harshly when she saw Sehun went around in that coffee shop, walking like he owned the place despite that he did owned the place.

She somehow remembered the incidents with him during her groceries shopping and her face went red - remembering his annoying smirk and mocking words against her.

Tinkerbell? 

She scowled upon that. 

ing hell, I will fart sparkles in your ing face the next time, you giant! 

She went scratching on the glass window, eyes glaring at Sehun from the cafe and ended up gritting her teeth to surpassed her sudden anger that was boiling rage inside of her and Joohyun sighed. 

“Can someone take Sora away before she go feral and break the glass surface?”

 

 

 

 

Sehun looked tired - feeling his muscles were aching after serving the customers for hours and thanked the heaven when evening hour went smooth for the coffee shop. 

There were still customers that were coming in and out, but it wasn’t that busy like in the morning and afternoon and he was glad.

But despite that he was tired, he couldn’t help but to be a tad hopeful, somehow hoping that a certain someone would show up in the opening of his new coffee shop. 

Thus, he went glancing at the coffee shop across his. He was wiping on the cups that he had washed, but still had his eyes fixed on the cafe across his. 

Wondering what she was thinking upon his opening that day and couldn’t help the small tug on his lips when he stared at her coffee shop longer.

Somehow, he remembered her small actions the other day when he went for groceries shopping. 

She was cute in her oversized hoodies and chubby baby cheeks that Sehun had the urge to pinch them when she unintentionally puffed them when glaring at him. 

Not to mention the way that she acted was amusing that he kept thinking about her again and again and ended up smiling to himself, even if he was all alone in the house.

“Oh? Someone is happy...” Jongin went singing, carrying a tray of breads that Kyungsoo had made from the kitchen and went to the display panels to let the customers have it. 

“I’m not happy.” Sehun tried to banter and have Jongin snorted at it. 

“You were smiling.” he accused, and that time - Sehun went snorting in Jongin’s place. 

“I thought you said I should smile more.” 

“Yeah, but not out of nowhere. It’s creepy.” Jongin pointed out, before wiggling a suggestive brow at the friend.

“Something happen?”

Sehun rolled his eyes at that. 

“Did you finally get laid, Sehun?” 

“Why do you always think that getting laid would make me happy?” Sehun frowned in accusations and Baekhyun, who happened to hear that - just laughed.

“But getting laid is one of the reason why someone can be happy.” Baekhyun sang, wiggling his brows at Sehun and the guy just groaned in return. 

“It’s not the case for me.”

“Maybe because you’re doing it wrong?” Jongin suddenly grinned evilly and stood up in front of Sehun. 

“Should I show you how it’s done?”

And Sehun quickly make a cross from his his left and right index fingers, pointing at Jongin before the male can come closer. “Begone Satan.”

Jongin scowled at that, while Baekhyun laughed out loud. 

“But seriously, it’s amusing the see you smile out of nowhere.” Jongin said, and somehow - the small smile on Sehun’s lips went tugging again. 

“It’s nothing. I’m just remembering something.”

Jongin have a look to Baekhyun and the latter went looking back, somehow amused at the smile on their friend’s. 

“About what?” Baekhyun tried to poke around, somehow curious. 

“About the boss of that coffee shop.” Sehun pointed at the coffee shop across theirs with the swift move of his head. 

And Jongin groaned. “Kyungsoo said that she passed away? The staff there said it when he went to ask around.”

Baekhyun gasped. “Wait - really?!”

And Sehun snorted, continuing to wipe on the cup on his hands. “She’s probably lying her out.”

“And how do you know that?” Baekhyun raised a brow.

While Sehun just smiled as he looked down. “Well, she’s watching us right now as we speak.” he looked up, smirking at the coffee shop across his. 

Jongin and Baekhyun followed the guy’s gaze - landing on a small girl that was peeking from the glass window as her staffs were busy with the customer that went walking in.

She was small against the window, but still managed to get their attention with her huge binoculars that she was using as she looked at their cafe. 

“ing cute.” Sehun went chuckling, winking his eyes at her, and she immediately hide herself away, probably saw it well using her binoculars and he chuckled even more. 

Jongin and Baekhyun looked at each other, before staring at Sehun who looked so amused at the situation that he was having. 

“Cute?” they rhymed, and Sehun nodded - still have the amused smile on his lips. 

“She’s cute. A little bit crazy, but cute.”

But his smile stiffened, noticing the two of his friends went staring at him with so much intensity that he just cleared his throat and whirled around. 

“The you doing? The work isn’t done.” he sharply remarked, face went stoic as he continued with his job and Baekhyun just glared in return, while Jongin seemed amused at it. 

 

 

 

 

Sora was gasping, leaning against the glass window and hide herself well after she was peeking the coffee shop using her binoculars - the one that she had bought recently and loving it so much because it can let her see so far away in such high definition lenses. 

That’s why she was gasping for air, somehow had her face went red when she caught Sehun went winking at her like the little that he was. 

And she peeked again behind the glass window, somehow earning a few looks from the usual customers.

“Is Sora okay?” one customer went asking, as he went paying, and Joy just sighed - looking sad while at it. 

“Don’t worry, she just forgot her medicine this morning.”

“Ah...” The customer looked so sorry to hear that and just sighed at seeing Sora went peeking at the glass window once again. 

“Please send her some support and come here everyday for a coffee...” Joy added, receiving a small nod from the customer.

“I will.”

And that’s how you attracted customer 101 by Joy. 

“ing bastard.” Sora grunted, glaring at Sehun who acted so nonchalant around his own cafe before he stared at her - somehow managed to know that she was peeking at him, and gave her a wink instead. 

Making her flustered and red in anger and she had enough. 

“You think you’re so great with your long legs, and broad shoulders, and perfect body, and handsome face, and pretty eyes, and luscious hair - ” 

Sora went muttering as she passed her staffs and went away, making Joy and Seulgi frowned at the counter. 

“Is she...degrading him...or complimenting him?” Seulgi went frowning. 

“Maybe both? I don’t know, she looked angry.” Joy tapped on her chin.

“More like flustered.” Seulgi corrected, not knowing that Sora was on the edge of her frustration and kept fanning on her face because it was so hot all of a sudden. 

“Joohyun!” 

Joohyun stopped taking off her uniform and went staring at Sora, frowning at the sudden interruption as she was changing her attire due to her shift that just ended. 

“He’s killing me!” Sora went whining, not even bothered by the lack of clothing on her friend’s body as she let out her feelings. 

“He’s stealing all our customers away and had the nerve to act like he did nothing!”

Joohyun was sighing. “I think it’s just the first time charm or something. It will go away after a few days and we’ll get our customers back.” 

“But what if it’s nothing like that?” Sora was staring to worry, already have her voice pitching a bit to express herself and she groaned.

“That stupid coffee shop look far better than mine.” her eyes went big, brows furrowing and have her lips jutted out - giving a cute puppy look at her friend and Joohyun was sighing at that. 

“So? What you want me to do?”

“I thought maybe you can go to their coffee shop and look around. I tried to look with my binoculars but it keeps wandering to that Sehun dude.” Sora whined, waving her binoculars that was in her hand. 

“Look around and see what they have.”

Joohyun frowned. “But they already know me, and the chances of them knowing that I’m snooping around is high.”

Ah. 

Sora didn’t think of that. 

To be said, they probably know all of the staffs by now and it will be easy for them to know that they are snooping around their cafe. 

She doesn’t want that bastard Sehun to have the ounce of satisfaction at knowing that she was interested in his coffee shop, because clearly she wasn’t. 

“I didn’t think of that.”

Joohyun scoffed. “Do you even think?”

And Sora looked offended at that. “Hey!”

Until a girl came forward, frowning in confusion when she saw her boss went smacking her manager in the changing room. 

“Umm...boss?” Wendy blinked, tilting on her head and Sora blinked.

“Wendy!”

She then gasped. “Yes! Wendy!”

 

 

 

 

Sehun could feel the stares on him, following his every moves and he would simply forget about it if it wasn’t so annoying and almost ripped his skulls from the lasers that he had gotten. 

The customers in front of him should be sitting until he called for her name, but she ended up standing right in front of him along with her friends as he make her coffee and Sehun didn’t like the way she staring at him. 

“Here.” he placed on the cup gently, and she reached it fast - somehow touching on his hand that was holding on the cup and he let the cup go instantly - letting her take over. 

“Th - thank you.” she muttered, having a blush on her cheeks when he had stared at her. 

“Welcome.” Sehun said simply, wanting to move to the next orders, until the door went opened and have the bell rang. 

To which have his brow raised as he looked at the girl who just walked in. A small smirk tugged on his lips when he saw that she was walking in alone. 

Wendy went blinking, and swallowing hard. 

When her boss asked her for a help, she had thought that the older probably wanting to ask her to work for another few hours.

She didn’t expected that her boss would asked her to come to the new coffee shop to snoop around. And she didn’t expected herself to dumbly followed the words of her boss. 

Thus, having her walked into the cafe with the brightest blush on her cheeks when every staffs went staring at her. 

“Welcome! Can I get your order?” Baekhyun went grinning behind the counter and have her blushed at the way he stared at her. 

“Um - ” she fumbled with her words, blinking at the menu on the display panels above Baekhyun’s head - despite that it’s the same menu like in their own cafe. 

And Baekhyun chuckled, never mind on her sudden nervousness. “It’s okay, take your time. I won’t go anywhere.”

While Sehun just watched her over, pushing the orders to Minseok who didn’t uttered much as he was busy with staring at Wendy. 

The way Wendy cutely looked around and stared at the menu and the display sections makes her looked interesting to watch. 

“Um - ”

“Hi.” Sehun stood beside Baekhyun, glowering Wendy with his tall height and she swallowed hard. 

“H - hi...?”

 

 

 

 

Sora went frowning, staring at the coffee shop and was waiting for Wendy patiently, tapping on the foot as she pursued her lips out of habit. The other staffs were also waiting for Wendy, somehow wanted to know about the situation on the coffee shop across them. 

Even Joohyun who was supposedly went home earlier was still waiting on one of the table - courtesy of Sora who just forced her to stay.

And when Wendy was out of the coffee shop, Sora was in glee, but just for a moment as she stared at how Wendy quickly walked to her coffee shop without hiding anything. 

“Wendy, you are supposed to be in secret when you walked back into the cafe.” Joy argued and Wendy just let her shoulders dropped. 

Her face was too red that Sora blinked in worry. “Is everything okay?”

She cupped on her worker’s cheeks and Wendy blinked at her.

“He said - ” Wendy started speaking, making Sora raised a brow and gained the others’ attention as well. 

“He said if you want to see him so much, you can just come to the coffee shop instead of sending your own worker.”

They went gawked. 

“And also, he said to stop staring at him with the binoculars because he’s liking the attention that you are giving him way too much.”

The others stared at Sora after Wendy had said that - and they noticed how the boss was flushed red and basically embarrassed in her own self. 

That Sora quickly detached her worried hands off of Wendy and backpaddled away, scowling in disgust when the words from Wendy kept replying in her head. 

“That bastard!”

“Does he think I like him or something?!”