Secret

Coffee & Cream

Anyway, how short are you?



Sora stared at the white tulips. Hands were crumpling the small note. 

“Oh? It’s another flowers!” Joy seemed a bit too happy when she saw the flowers being delivered by the delivery boy and almost immediately, Sora had her expressions changed - as if she wasn’t having a sudden dark aura around her. 

“Can’t we just put in our coffee shop?”

“But it’s kinda creepy to put that inside.” Seulgi went retorting at Joy’s pleas. “What if it’s from a stalker?”

Joy pouted. “But it’s so pretty.” she touched the flowers gently, admiring the innocence of the white tulips that were wrapped with the same silk scarves like before. 

“I wonder who this stalker was. Is he that rich that he could buy this bouquet wrapped with this expensive silk?”

Seulgi shrugged her shoulders while Sora just blankly stared at the white tulips once again. 

“Should we report this to the cops?” Sora suddenly gave a sudden thoughts, finger was tapping on her chin as she gave a thoughtful idea. 

“Hmm...maybe we should. It could be dangerous.” Seulgi was agreeing, and Joy seemed contemplating at first before nodding to herself after gave a moment of thoughts. 

“I guess it’s better safe than sorry.” before she sighed the next second. “But still...these flowers are so pretty.” 

“I will buy you another bouquet, so don’t cry.” Seulgi patted Joy on the shoulder and the girl just sobbed even harder. 

“Just as I thought, I only have you Seulgi...”

“Well, then that’s settled. I should get going then!”

Joy and Seulgi looked at Sora who seemed a bit too enthusiastic at the moment. 

“Where are you going, boss?”

“To the police station!”

“You just want to skip work, aren’t you?”

Sora just stuck her tongue at Joy who somehow whined that she wanted to follow along. 

“Joohyun, boss is skipping work!”

 

 

 

 

Sehun stared ahead of him. His face seemed uninterested as he stared at the girl in front of the counter. 

“Hello, we meet again. Do - do you still remember me? I came yesterday.”

“Are you going to order?” Sehun quickly cut her words, hoping that she would take the hint that he wasn’t interested enough. 

“Umm, no. But - ”

“Then, can you move? I need to get the order of the next customer.”

“Oh!” she seemed to finally realized that she was holding the line as she tried to keep the conversation between them. 

“Then, just one iced latte.” her big doe eyes blinked at Sehun but the man didn’t even spared any glance at her as he typed the order. 

“You know, you still haven’t answered me yesterday...when I asked if you can give me your number.”

“Damn. She’s persistent.” Jongin mumbled under his breath when he had heard that. Baekhyun, who heard that - could only stifled a laugh. 

“I wished someone would be that persistent to have my number.” Baekhyun muttered back slowly. 

“Well, you need a face like Sehun to get that kind of treatment.” Jongin snorted.

“Hey! Just so you know, I’m good looking enough. Not like Sehun though, but I know it’s better than yours.” 

Jongin scowled at Baekhyun, who just made a smug face. “You - ”

“Can someone entertain that woman? She’s ing annoying.” Sehun suddenly came to the two man,  having brows furrowed as he talked. 

Jongin and Baekhyun gave a glance at the back, staring at the girl who still couldn’t take her eyes off Sehun. She seemed completely smitten by him.

“Nobody can stop love, Sehun. You need to know that.” Baekhyun said. His eyes closing dramatically to show how deep those words were, but Sehun just rolled his eyes and pushed the older to the counter.

“But I don’t think that would make any difference. She’s still looking at you.” Jongin snickered.

“Well then, I shall be going out.” Sehun swiftly took off his apron and Jongin gaped. 

“Where are you going?”

“Lunch.”

“But it’s too early!”

“Do I look like I give a ?” It was a perk of being the owner of the coffee shop, and Sehun loved that. So, he placed the apron on the rightful place and moved out of the counter, leaving the two alone behind the counter. 

But as he walked out, the girl that was staring at him earlier also started to follow him from behind. 

Well, .

“Excuse me! Excuse me!” 

There was a slight tug on his sleeve, before he was stopped by the same girl once again. She was grinning at him when she stopped in front of him. “Are you free right now? You said you wanted to have lunch...can I perhaps accompany you?”

He raised his brow at her. “You’re pretty bold, you know...”

She gave a cheeky smile in return. “Well, I’m someone who always chase for things that I want. So...” her face was beautiful when she gave out her phone - asking Sehun to put down his number. 

She was absolutely stunning and millions of guys would fall for her in a single glance. But at that time, Sehun already had his eyes trailed to someone who was humming loudly to a song as she walked outside her coffee shop. 

Instantly, he grinned. “I’m sorry, but I need to go.”

The girl gave out a baffled look when Sehun just walked passed her. “Wait - ”

Noona...” Sehun sang loudly and the girl went pausing on her steps to chase after him. 

Sora frowned. Her eyes instantly turned into a glare as she make another Bruce Lee wannabe hand gestures to him. “Brat.”

“Aww, that nickname is so sweet darling.” Sehun couldn’t stop the tingling sensation in his stomach when he saw her crinkling her nose as he grew closer.  

“What do you - ”

“Can you help me out?” Sehun gave a hint with his eyes - throwing the gaze to the girl behind him as she stared at his back. 

“I need her to go away. Be my woman for a moment.”

Sora scowled at that and she crossed her arms dramatically as she tried to look down on him - even though he was towering over her. 

“And why should I? I don’t think we are that close to help each other.” the moment she said that, her heart tickled a bit when Sehun lifted his lips in an amused manner. 

“If you do that...” he grew closer, beckoning down a bit to be on her level. “I will tell you my secret on how I steal your customers away.”

 

“You didn’t hear it from me, but...Wendy said that Sora had been stressing herself out because we keep stealing her customers away.”

“She also said that Sora kept herself hidden in the kitchen to come up with a new recipe so that she can steal back the customers, but nothing came...I wonder how bad she’s doing...”

 

Sehun could still remember what Baekhyun had said to him,  as it kept on replaying in his mind ever seconds that had ever passed. He wondered if that’s why she was so anxious around him. 

His low voice tickled her skin and Sora swallowed hard. She tried to put on a gap between them, but somehow - her eyes met with his and her cheeks felt hot - feeling like her temperature just reached the highest peak. 

“You - ”

“Help me out, noona.” 

Cuss that man and his pretty eyes that keep on looking at her. 

Sora looked away, glancing at the girl behind him and she could see the way she was staring as if she was waiting for some kind of explanation for his sudden behaviour. She didn’t want to know their relationship or what the hell they were doing in the middle of the streets in the first place. 

But either way, that brat’s offer was tempting. Maybe he would really be that kind to share the secrets of his coffee shop, and perhaps she could take that and take over the territory. She would take his idea and turn it over him. 

Muahahahahahah. 

Cue the evil laugh. 

“Ehem.” Sora calmly cleared , finally collected her thoughts and stared back to Sehun. 

“Fine.” she said. 

And Sehun didn’t expect her to be willing to do it. It was just a joke to her. But as soon as he was glad that she was willing, Sora’s expressions changed and she glared at Sehun. 

“What are you doing here?! I told you that I need my own space! You keep on stalking me! Obsessing over me! You can’t even trust me as your girlfriend! This is why your exes left you!”

Sehun had his jaw dropped. 

Even the girl behind him, had her jaw dropped. 

There was an awkward silence among them. 

While Sora was sniffling a nonexistent tears that she always used on others. Perhaps she should fall down and wailed? Would that make it more convincing? 

Slowly, and silently - the girl behind Sehun backpaddled away. Perhaps she thought that it would be too much if she stayed and watched the couple’s drama. 

“What the hell, he looks so cool but he’s actually a psycho?” she murmured to herself, walking faster from them. 

While Sora peeked over, staring at the girl walking away and stared back at Sehun. “She’s gone.”

And as she said that, Sehun - who was silent the whole time, had his shoulders shook a bit. “Pfft - ”

Sora frowned. “Hey - ”

“Ahahahah!” he went hugging his stomach the next seconds and Sora paused herself. 

She was about to call out to him, but he seemed kinda cute - laughing out loud with his crescent eye smiles and with the biggest smile that she had ever seen of him. 

Cute.

Somehow, she wanted to laugh along with him after seeing him being like that, but she just composed herself. 

“What’s so funny? I played the role of your girlfriend quite good.”

Sehun wiped his tears that was forming at the end of his eyes. His stomach hurts from laughing too much.

It felt like forever since he laughed over something so silly.

“Yes. You did good. Very in character.” he laughed again, remembering Sora’s serious expressions and gestures. 

“Well, good then. I was thinking on crying at the ground instead of standing up for more dramatic purposes, but that would be dirty and I was not being paid for that.”

Sehun laughed even more at that, while Sora doesn’t even know what was so funny. 

“Anyway, I did what you asked me to. So...”

Sehun calmed himself. It took a few moments, but he managed to get himself collected. “Of course.”

“The secret is...”

Sora perked her ears when Sehun got closer, despite the fact that she didn’t want him close to her. His scent was making her have tons of thoughts. 

Damn. Where did he buy this cologne? 

That was her first thought. 

“Obviously...My handsome face.”

Sora went silent. 

Sehun pressed his lips to surpass the urge to laugh. 

She glared at him. 

“Pfft - ” he covered his mouth. 

“I will cuss you, you brat - ”

“Ahahahah!”

 

 

 

 

There were times where Sora wondered - was she...a saint? 

To be able to mentally be patience with a being that’s so ing annoying...she must be a saint. 

A saint in disguise. 

“Oh, darling...”

The corner of her eyes twitched. “Who told you to follow me?”

Sehun cracked a smile, placing a hand over his heart. “My heart.”

“That’s disgusting.”

“Don’t say that. You live in my heart.”

Sora glared at him and Sehun just smiled back in return. 

“Do you find it amusing to play with me like this?”

“I find it pretty challenging actually. You seemed to hate me so much.”

“I do hate you.”

“And why is that?”

“Because you stole my customers away!”

“Maybe if you improve your coffee shop, they wouldn’t go away.”

She gasped. “Are you saying my coffee shop ?!”

Alerted, Sehun put his hand out in defenses. “I didn’t say that. I meant that maybe you should improve your coffee more. Your cakes were delicious and out of this world, but your coffee are nothing special.”

Sora gawked at the way he was so casual at criticizing her. 

“If you want, I can treat you to my coffee. Just come by, and I will give you special treatment.” he winked but Sora just showed him a balled fist of hers. 

“In your ing dreams.”

He laughed. “Anyway, what are we doing in a police station?”

 

 

 

 

“We’ll keep a close eyes on that. The patrols are there every night. So, you don’t have to worry Sora.” a middle aged police office said, cracking a smile at her and Sora pressed down her lips together. 

“Alright. But make sure to protect us or no more coffees from me!”

Sehun just stared at Sora who was joking around with the police officers and he wondered why she was so friendly with the people around the neighbourhood. And it kinda irked him to see that she was happily laughing to some other people while she kept on showing glares and annoyances at him. 

Why can’t she be friendly with him too? 

He sighed, leaning against the wall to wait for her. Forget about lunch, he doesn’t even care anymore as he just wanted to annoy her.

“Stalker, huh?”

Sora glared at him and Sehun just moved his legs to follow her out of the police station. “Who is it?”

“How the hell would I know? Probably someone crazy.”

Sehun stared at her, while continuing to walk. It was a good thing that the police station was just around the corner. It didn’t take long for them to arrive there and probably wouldn’t take long for them to come back to their own coffee shops. 

“If it’s someone crazy, you should be careful.”

“Then I’m gonna need to be extra careful around you, since you’re also crazy.”

“Yeah, crazy for you.”

“Hello, police? Remember that stalker I told you about? Yeah, he’s here.”

“Pfft - ”

 

 

 

 

“Are you going back to your coffee shop?”

Sora kept her silence. 

“Are you going to keep silent with me?”

She zipped , before throwing the keys away - signalling that she won’t be saying anything to him. 

Perhaps that would make him lose interest in her. But weirdly, Sehun didn’t seemed like that kind of guy, as he kept on following her without any complaint.

“Should we grab a bite? I’m kinda hungry.”

She scowled. “And why would I want to do that?”

The way Sehun smirked so confidently - as if he was the one who has the upper hand in the conversation was making Sora feel annoyed. Why does he keep having his annoying smirk for her to stare?

“I thought you want to know the secret of stealing your customers away.”

She scowled again, crossing her arms together. “I’m not going to fall for that again!”

He just shrugged at that, walking slowly to the other direction. She knows that he was looking at the restaurants to have the lunch - judging by the way he was looking around. 

She was not going to fall for that again. 

Nope. 

Not a chance. 

But when Sehun glanced back at her and gave a light chuckle, her ego seemed to he boiling and she huffed out loud. 

Her chest was puffed outward like a peacock trying to find a mate and she marched forward as if she was in a marching band, trying to catch up to that brat’s long legs. 

“I’m not falling for it! It’s because I’m hungry!”

“Of course, noona...” Sehun chuckled under his breath, slowing his pace so that she can walked beside him with that short legs of hers. 

“Anyway, how short are you?”

“I’m leaving!”

“Alright, I’m sorry. I’m sorry! I said I’m sorry!”

Though the laugh that he have didn’t seemed like he was sorry at all.