Stupid coffee shop

Coffee & Cream

Hit me! Come on!



Sehun didn't know what was more interesting - the way her cheeks went red, or the way her lips jutted out unknowingly and have her brows frowned in displeased at his teasing.

But he liked seeing that kinda look on her, making his lips wanted to draw a small smile for her cute acts. “What’s the matter, boss? Cat got your tongue?” 

He smirked, about to tease more - until she held out both of her palms and yelled a loud -

“Nobody moves!”

Even the customers that were drinking at their own table went frozen at her sudden commands.

“I dropped my contact lenses!” and Sora was quick to hide behind the counter, making Sehun went baffled at her quick moves. 

His lips drew an amused smirk, remembering the same tactics that she had used when he had caught her the other night when she was busy ogling on his cafe. 

But as he was about to say something about it, Joohyun went fast to stand behind the counter and was ready with his cakes that he had ordered, and Sehun was left baffled once again. 

Joohyun doesn’t seemed like she was amused at seeing her boss doing the contact lenses actions and went disappearing on the customers - as if the boss had done that more than once for her to be baffled at. 

While Sehun was still amused at the girl. 

And have his chest vibrated with a low chuckle. “What's her name?” he asked, giving out his card for the bills. 

“Sora.” Joohyun answered swiftly and cussed when someone went punching on her leg from the floor behind the counter, making her face frowned in displeased and Sehun chuckled again. 

“Please come to our shop during the opening. I’ll treat you extra special if you come, Miss Sora.” he waited for a moment. 

“Or should I say, boss?”

There was a soft grumble behind the counter and Sehun tried very hard not to laugh at her cute sounds. 

When he finished paying, he didn’t know why he was still having the small smile on his lips. Surely, that girl’s presence was entertaining. 

And he was still in awe at her cute cheeks that almost got his hands marched forward and pinched it because she was so cute. 

“Oh my, what a sight - seeing our majesty being all smiley after coming from a cafe that was full of ladies...” Jongin remarked, and skipped from his job when he had seen the boxes of cakes that Sehun had bought. 

“Shut up.” Sehun rolled his eyes, placing the cakes on the table and have his staffs went staring at it. 

“What’s this?” Minseok frowned. 

“The cafe across us is famous for its desserts and cakes. So, I wanted to know what makes it so special.”

And also, to see the boss of the said cafe. 

But he won’t say that. 

Not when his staffs can with it. 

“And what? You want us to eat...and what?” Baekhyun frowned, head tilting to the side as he tried to reason with whatever tricks that Sehun was suggesting. 

Nevertheless, he had taken the boxes out from the carrier and was in awe when all of the boxes were opened and have the cakes being presented in front of them.

The presentation of the cakes were eye catching and have them swallowed hard at it - knowing that it was going to be tasty, even when they didn’t have a slight taste yet. 

Even the smell of the cakes were fresh and inviting, and Jongin was eager to grab a bite. 

“Maybe Kyungsoo can have a taste and make one like this.” Sehun suggested, and Kyungsoo went rolling his eyes. 

“I’m a baker, not a pastry chef.” he said.

Nonetheless, took a bite and let his taste buds savoured on the taste. 

And his lips parted, brows furrowing.

Baekhyun went when he took a bite, and Jongin was taking a whole box for himself, while Minseok went nodding in seriousness as he thought on what kinda coffee that would go with the cakes. 

Sehun just stared at his staffs, wondering if the cakes were good.

“You...bought it from that cafe?” Kyungsoo stared at him, and Sehun blinked slowly. 

“Yeah, why?”

“Is the chef a girl?” Kyungsoo had his eyes went anxious, and Sehun didn’t know why his own feelings went anxious at seeing his friend acting like that. 

“I don’t know. What’s wrong?”

Kyungsoo blinked, frowning in his own thoughts. “Nothing...”

He took another bite, and the light taste of the cream have his eyes wavered in recognition - knowing the trademark taste.

“It just reminded me of someone.”

 

 

 

 

“I wanna die.”

“You’re being dramatic.” Joohyun rolled her eyes. 

“I can’t face the world right now. Please take me, God.”

“I’m sorry, boss.” Seulgi jutted her lips apologetically. 

“Don’t talk to me, Seulgi. You have backstabbed me and left me to die.”

“Boss, no!”

And Joohyun just sighed. 

 

 

 

 

And the sighs went continuing during the next day, when Joohyun saw Sora went walking into her own cafe with the black hoodie and have the string of the hoodie tightened around her face and leave her chubby cheeks bulged a bit, while she went wearing her dark sunglasses to hide her face away. 

“Boss, aren’t you supposed to be on leave?” Joy went frowning, standing behind the counter with Joohyun and the other girl just sighed at seeing her friend walked closer. 

“I can’t be resting when the enemy is plotting my downfall.”

Joohyun had to close her eyes, trying to calm herself from another dramatic scene from her friend. “Can you please move on from that Sehun dude?”

“But he’s plotting my downfall.” Sora jutted her lips, and even though she was wearing the dark glasses, Joohyun knew that her friend probably was showing off her puppy eyes at her.

With a sigh, Joohyun shook her head and pressed her hand on her temple, feeling a headache coming thru and she just waved Sora away and leave Joy to handle the counter for a moment as she walked to the washroom.

“What downfall?” Joy went asking, somehow taking the advantages from the lack of customers during the morning to have a brief chat with her boss. 

“I think the owner of that cafe is plotting something.” Sora leaned against the counter, rubbing her chin like she was analyzing some serious case and Joy just stared at her boss, nodding at whatever she was saying. 

“Yesterday, he had bought every cakes that I had made, and I’m pretty sure that he will used it against me.”

Joy went frowning. “What? How will he used it against you?”

Sora had her shoulders dejected at her staff asking her that. “You know...like - ”

But before Joy can heard any of her boss’s rambling, her eyes caught a figure walking from the coffee shop across theirs and she blinked. 

“ - boss, someone is coming here from that coffee shop - ”

In an instant, Sora was slipped down from the counter and sat down on the floor, hugging on Joy’s leg as she gulped down the sudden nervousness that was building in her chest.

Was it the same man from yesterday? 

That stupid er that was laughing at her misery. 

And leave her thinking about his stupid smile that kept mocking her, making her anxious and was scared on meeting him again - probably because she was afraid on being embarrassed once again. 

The bell on their door went chirping and Sora widened her eyes under the dark sunglasses. 

“Welcome. Can I take your order?” Joy’s voice was professional as always and Sora nodded to herself at how good her staff was. 

“Hey, umm - can I see your boss?”

Sora had her eyes widened and jaw dropped. 

Was it the same man? 

Though, the voice was a bit different than yesterday and she wondered if it was the same man - but she was too scared to sneak a peek from the counter. 

Joy went mum for a moment, and Sora poked her staff’s leg. 

“Tell him I’m dead.” she whispered from the floor and Joy frowned at that. 

Huh? 

Sora continued to poke on her leg and Joy forced a smile. “My boss is dead.”

“Huh?!” Kyungsoo had his eyes widened. 

“Lie better.” Sora hissed from the floor again. 

“Dead as .” Joy suddenly turned serious and nodded her head to make it more convincing and pitiful. 

Kyungsoo frowned. “But yesterday - ”

“She died after that. May she rest in peace. I will let her know that you come.”

Kyungsoo frowned even more, wanting to say something, but Joy went pressing a tissue on the corner of her eyes and faked a tear. 

“If you’re not going to order, please leave. You make me emotional speaking about her.”

Another confused look went plastered on Kyungsoo, and he reluctantly turned around. He gave another look at Joy and the girl continued to sniff her nonexistent snots and have him walked away then. 

Before she looked around and make sure that he was away - that she slides down to the floor and stared at Sora. 

“You know him, boss?”

Sora took her glasses dramatically and glared at the empty space in front of her. “That’s the enemy.”

Joy gasped slowly. 

“What the hell are you two doing on the floor?”

The two looked to the side, staring at Joohyun who just walked out from the washroom. 

“Enemy has come, Joohyun!” Joy exclaimed. 

And Sora stood up from the floor, balling on her fists tightly. “Joohyun, crank up Taylor Swift because baby now we have bad blood!”

Joohyun closed her eyes, feeling another headache was coming thru.

 

 

 

 

In the end, Sora found herself being kicked out from her own coffee shop by Joohyun - since the friend wanted her to be resting on her off day and she was jutting pitifully - planting herself to the glass window and send out a pitiful look at Joy, who just waved at her from the inside. 

And she whimpered like a puppy being scolded by its owner when Joohyun glared at her. 

Usually, Sora would spend her days dozing off in her own house or make a recipe during her leave, but since there will be a new coffee shop going to be opened in front of her own cafe, she couldn’t rest well.

She couldn’t help but to worry - knowing that the population of the neighborhood wasn’t that big, and it would a pain to be sharing the customers.

That if - they would be sharing. 

Imagine if that stupid coffee shop went stealing all her customers away. 

Sora wanted to cry at that. 

She didn’t want her business to go downfall as that’s the only thing that she had in her life and she appreciated it so much - never wanted it to be fallen apart. 

With a sigh, she found herself walked away from her own coffee shop and ended up glaring at the cafe across hers - hoping the owner would choke on his own coffee and died. 

Since it’s summer - Sora ended up sweating under the hoodie that she was wearing - so much for a disguise. She couldn’t even took it off, since she wasn’t wearing anything underneath. 

She was stupid. 

She knew that. 

So, she found herself walking to buy some groceries and sighed happily at the cold AC that was being turned - that she ended up standing right down below the AC and slightly parted her hoodie a bit so the cold air could be circulating on her warm torso. 

She knew she caught a few looka from the people, but she tried hard to ignore that - trying to focus on the cold air on her body.

“Is it refreshing?” someone went asking, probably was about to walk in when he saw her in the middle of the entrance. 

“My s are freezing, but it’s all good - ” her smile dropped when she turned to the side to face the stranger. 

Sehun tilted his head to the side, with the same cocky smirk that he have from yesterday and Sora could feel the blood went boiling towards her face. 

Thankfully, she was still wearing her dark sunglasses and Sehun probably couldn’t recognized her from that, and she just turned around and leave him all alone at the entrance - quickly ignored the need to be cool. 

And she hated hearing his small chuckle as she walked away. 

He couldn’t recognized her, right? 

She was still in disguise. 

She couldn’t even recognized herself when she looked into the mirror. 

But then, why is that Sehun guy was walking behind her with his cart - trailing her as he picked on his groceries, and Sora frowned.

If she went stopping, he would stopped too. 

And if she went moving, he would moved too - trailing carefully behind her - and Sora didn’t know why her heart went picking on its beat. 

“Oh my God, I have a stalker. A store stalker.” she gasped under her breath and was thinking of every possible moves that she had seen in the movies. 

Would that Sehun guy be punching her till she bleed and kidnapped her to his home? 

Or worse, he will killed her and put her in the cart - that would be a low scene of a death. 

Quickly, and with the worry in her heart - she fastened her steps and almost collided with an elderly woman, that she just skipped her expertly and moved to the next aisle. 

Peeking behind - she smirked to herself when that Sehun guy was nowhere to be found. 

“You’re nothing for me, ty boy.” she faked a smug look, rubbing the tip of her nose cockily and continued with her groceries. 

Humming to herself as she picked on her stuffs and was happily moving from aisle to aisle, nodding her head to the store’s music that was blasting loudly for the customers.

“Miss Sora, which ice-cream do you recommend?”

Someone went asking as she was standing at the ice-cream aisle, focusing on what the type of ice-cream that she would picked for the summer and Sora smirked cockily - loving the fact that someone went asking her. 

She always loved when someone went asking her - though she wasn’t helping much on helping them answering the questions. 

“If you ask me, I would recommend the strawberry mochi - ” her body went frozen, staring at the person who was standing beside her. 

Sehun smirked. “Strawberry mochi? Is it good, Miss Sora?”

She swallowed hard. 

Before her head robotically moved away from him and tried to walk away, only making the guy chuckled at it. 

“Why do you keep running from me?” 

Sora shook her head, mentally ignoring him and Sehun chuckled once again. 

“You do know that I recognized you in the first glance, right? I once saw the same hoodie when you were peeping me.”

Sora had the brightest blush on her cheeks and she closed her eyes in agony, moving away from him. 

“Ah, were you that afraid of me? Scared?”

At that, she went stopping - as if someone went tickling on her ego.

“Crazy bastard. Why would I be scared of you?” she snarled, and pushed her glasses away, giving a chance to Sehun to stare on her clear eyes and he went smiling at it. 

“Then why do you keep running?” he poked around with his words, making her glared at him and weirdly - it tickled his heart at seeing her looking like that. 

“You can’t even show yourself and was disguising yourself, too busy running away.” he smirked. 

“Are you that scared of me? Scared that I will take down your stupid coffee shop? Are you weak against me? Cannot handle some competition?”

Sora had her jaw dropped and she marched forward - but since Sehun was far taller than her - she took a few steps back, so her neck wouldn’t hurt so much at staring at him. 

“You think I’m scared of you? I will take you down, and your stupid coffee shop too!” Sora muttered.

Sehun blankly looked at her and blinked. “No offense, but I feel like I just got threatened by a hamster.”

She scowled at that. “You - ” 

And he smirked at the way she breathed out through her nose.

“You wanna fight, huh? Come on, fight me!” she urged, opening her arms wide and poked him with her words and Sehun pressed down on another amused smile. 

“Hit me! Come on!” Sora balled on her fists, jumping around as she mimicked some moves that she learned from the movies.

And Sehun pressed his hand to his lips - couldn’t help the smile on his lips - because, even though she was a ball of anger and dramatic queen - she was so small and looked so cute at trying to pick on a fight with him, who was far bigger than her. 

“You’re cute, Tinkerbell.”

Sora glared at that name. “Tinkerbell?” she scoffed. 

“You wanna say that I fart sparkles?!”

The people that were groceries shopping went glancing awkwardly at the two and Sehun laughed at that.

“Kick my later, alright Tinkerbell?” Sehun stifled another laugh, taking the strawberry mochi ice-cream and patted on Sora’s head, making her almost went feral if it wasn’t for the worker that went assisting her immediately because someone reported on how a fight was about to get down on the ice-cream aisle.