Part II

Ghost of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

 

 

I don’t know what mojo she did on me but here I am standing, with a guitar on hand, at the middle of the busy streets of Hongdae. 

 

 

 

“This is not working. I can’t do this, Byul-ah. I don’t even sing that well!.” I said through gritted teeth. 

 

 

 

“Liar. You’re an amazing singer.” 

 

 

 

I looked at her incredulously. She doesn’t even heard me sing!

 

 

 

As if she just read my mind, she shrugged her shoulders and said, “I heard you singing yesterday... while you’re in the shower.”

 

 

 

“You’re in my bathroom?!” I exclaimed, making some passers by looked at me. “I hate you, you ert!” I shouted in a whisper. 

 

 

 

“Hey, not in your bathroom. I was at your apartment. In your living room.” She defended and I just rolled my eyes.

 

 

 

 

“You see? Everyone’s ignoring me. Let’s just go home.” I complained again. 

 

 

 

“That’s because you haven’t started singing yet.” Byul retorted. “Start singing and I bet everyone’s attention will be on you in a second.”

 

 

 

I felt something inside me from the way she said those words. No one has given me such confidence before, not even myself. 

 

 

 

I’ve always doubted my skills and capabilities... I’ve always doubted myself. But because of her words and simply being with her, I feel like I could do everything. 

 

 

 

She smiled and gave me an encouraging nod as she stood a few steps away in front of me. 

 

 

 

“Just one song.” I said. 

 

 

 

She nodded, staring directly at my eyes. “Just one song.”

 

 

 

 

Star, Wind, Flower, Sun

 

 

Look at me, I only shine with you

Hold me tighter 

So the light won’t escape

Close your eyes 

So I can fully take in your unique scent

Stay there as you are

I’ll only shine for you now

I’ll be together with you whenever, wherever 

So will you tell me? 

That you’ll do the same too? 

 

 

 

I looked up from my guitar and my eyes automatically landed to Byul, like it was some kind of a magnetic pull. 

 

 

 

You, you and me, me 

I know I’m gonna be with you oh 

Star, wind, flower, sun and you 

Star, wind, flower, sun and you 

So, it’s all you 

Under the same sky, on a day like today 

I grateful for being able to face you

These are the feelings I have only for you

Nananana nananana... 

 

 

 

I kept my eyes trained on my fingers as they worked the strings of the guitar. I glanced around me and noticed the forming crowd. 

 

 

 

All the times we shared

All the memories we made

When I’m feeling very weak

That’s when I remember and smile thinking about our moments

 

 

 

I slowly scanned the crowd to find Byul. 

Our eyes locked. 

And this time, I didn’t look away again. 

 

 

 

Now, I can’t even say thank you without feeling so apologetic

I can’t

If i sing this song somewhere

La la la 

Will my feelings be delivered?

 

 

 

Our gazes never deviate from each other. Her focus remained solely on mine and mine on hers. 

 

 

 

Star, wind, flower, sun and you 

Star, wind, flower, sun and you 

So it’s all you 

Under the same sky, on a day like today

I grateful for being able to face you

These are the feelings I have only for you

 

This is my heart 

This is my heart 

This is my heart 

This is my song, only for you... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It would be nice if I could hear you sing, too.” I said, as we walked towards a nearby bus stop after my impromptu performance.

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

I shrugged, looking at her. “You wrote it on your bucket list. You must be good at singing.” 

 

 

 

“Or I must really bad at it that’s why I had to write it down on my ‘things to do before I die’ list.” She chuckled. 

 

 

 

“Or you’re really good that you’re ready to show it to the world. That’s why you wrote it.” I rebutted. 

 

 

 

She just smiled and looked down. It must be so hard not knowing who you are. Not knowing what you love to do and the things you like. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s stop talking about me. Let’s talk about you! Did you see how the crowd cheered at the end of your song?” Byul gushed, completely changing the topic. 

 

 

 

“Yeah.” I smiled, glancing down at my feet. Then I looked up to her. “I also saw how whipped you are for me.” I joked.

 

 

 

Letting out a breath, she said, “You were just...amazing out there. How could I take my eyes off of you?” Her voice was soft. 

 

 

 

 

I felt heat crept up to my face so I had to look away for her not to see. I’m not blushing because of what she said... okay, fine I’m blushing because of that too, but because she did not deny my joke!

 

 

 

Omo. What does this means. No! I’m sure I’m just reading this wrong. 

 

 

 

“Ooohh. What’s this? Are you blushing?” She suddenly spoke. 

 

 

 

“Shut up. I’m not.”

 

 

 

“Yes, you are!” She laughed and pointed at my face. “Look! Your chubby cheeks are still red.”

 

 

 

My hands flew to my cheeks as I scowled at her. “I hate you.”

 

 

 

See? There’s just no way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Explain.” I closed my eyes, balling my hands into a fist. 

 

 

 

“I’m not afraid of you. I’m a ghost. You can’t hurt me.” Byul said smugly but she was hiding on the back of a random car right now. 

 

 

 

Taking a calming breath, I opened my eyes and looked at her. “Byul. Explain to me why are we in a sky diving center.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter