Chapter 1

One Rainy Day | S.CHANGBIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ONE

the girl and the yellow umbrella

 

 

 

It was raining heavily as soon as Haneul's cram school had ended. The other students had already went back home and some was busy looking for their umbrella. 

 

 

Haneul cranned her neck to find the usual car that picked her up everyday. However, she could not catch a glimpse of it at all. 

 

 

"Oh, no that's okay Mr.Lim!" Haneul shook her head as she quickly denied the idea of her chauffeur to pick her up. 

 

 

Mr.Lim who had been her chauffeur since she was still young had an emergency call from the hospital about his wife condition. His wife had just had a liver transplant yesterday. Haneul could not possibly do that to Mr.Lim. 

 

 

"I will. Drive carefully Mr.Lim," Haneul ended the call. She had thought about walking back home. But upon remembering what family she belonged to, Haneul had stopped herself.

 

 

Being born in a wealthy family was not all rainbows and sunshines. Her father had warned her about the kind of people would not hesitant to resolute in kidnapping his one and only daugter for ransom.

 

 

Just the thought of it scares her. 

 

 

Haneul hesitantly dialed Minho's number. She knew by now Minho's piano lesson must also has ended. It would not be too much trouble for him to pick up his fiancée right?

 

 

However no matter how long or how many times Haneul waited for him to pick up her call, she would be directly guided to the voice mail. 

 

 

Haneul sighed. She glance towards the dark sky, she silently pray that nothing bad would happened to her today. Haneul then rumaged through her back pack to find her umbrella. 

 

 

She knows she had taken it with her this morning. Haneul just was not sure where it was. After searching for awhile, she finally took out a bright yellow umbrella. . .

 

 

With the picture of Pororo and his friends printed on it. Haneul blinked her eyes a couple of times before finally realizing it was an umbrella that she had with her when she was 8 years old.

 

 

She must have accidentally took her old umbrella with her!

 

 

Haneul wanted to shove it back inside her back pack when she heard a deep voice next to her, stopping her actions before she could do so. 

 

 

"Sweet umbrella!" The voice chuckled. 

 

 

Haneul turned to see one of her schoolmates standing next to her. Bang Chan smiled, giving her a thumbs up for her Pororo umbrella. 

 

 

Haneul looked away sheepishly. She could feel her cheeks burning. 

 

 

"Uh, yeah. It's my sister's," who was she lying to. She was an only child and Haneul pretty sure everyone knows about it!

 

 

Bang Chan burst out into a fit of laugters. Both of his hands rested on his stomach. He looked like he was having fun and was in pain at the same time.

 

 

"Don't worry," he said after his laughters finally resides. "I won't tell anyone," he brought his index finger to his lips as he gave her a quick wink.

 

 

Bang Chan then quickly bid her farewell bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter