You Will Be Found

After 18

July 1.

"How'd you find me?"

"Clearly, not quickly. Took us 8 days to find out you worked here."

Hwiyoung didn't know how to feel, seeing Junwoo right in front of him. 

To Hwiyoung, Junwoo was the catalyst to his end. He is the reason he ended in the same fate as his brother, despite his multiple efforts to change that. Junwoo is someone that slipped into everything Hwiyoung believed in and crushed it. 

Of course, that meant Hwiyoung fell. But, looking back on it, it wasn't like his foundation was sturdy. He relied on a mirage that was his father's care and his mother's sanity, and built an abstract pillar of his romantic ambitions. He can't deny that Junwoo brought him a great downfall, but neither can he deny that the downfall left him on a plain floor. And now it's a plain floor of which he claims his, a floor where he can build on his own accord.

To be honest, he still has no idea if the guy actually cares for him, and he never really needed to reflect on that when he decided to leave school.

Unluckily, Junwoo is here, leaning on a parked car. And it doesn't seem like he'll be leaving after a quick stop in this gas station. Wait, Junwoo can drive?

"When did you get a license?" Hwiyoung asks.

"Who said I got one?" Junwoo asked. The corner of his lips slightly rise at the eyes widening in front of him. "I'm kidding, it's not mine. I'm just waiting for the person that owns the car."

"Oh."

"Also, I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh?"


 

"I have around an hour, that's fine right?" Junwoo asks. Hwiyoung nods, taking the seat right next to the boy. 

The two were currently in a convenience store close by. Still feeling the awkward atmosphere, Hwiyoung quietly watches Junwoo as he quickly types a few things into his phone before putting it away. He couldn't help but feel confused; last time he remembered, Junwoo was a man of little, little words. Noticing how many words he has willingly spoken in the span of the few minutes so far, he wondered if something happened shortly after he disappeared.

"So," Hwiyoung started, "you wanted to talk?"

"Yes. Just a few things I wanted to ask. Is that fine?" Junwoo asked. Hwiyoung notices how his face stays expressionless, matching his monotonous voice.

A month ago, Hwiyoung would've scowled at his attempt to meddle in his life. But he was still fearing his downfall a month ago, he still feared the odd power Junwoo had in school. Also, he still feared of disappointing his parents then, what a joke.

"Go ahead."

In the seconds before he could hear Junwoo again, he speculated of the questions he could bring. Will he ask where Hwiyoung resides now, knowing the show his father did to him? Will he ask if he feels better without the ery of the school's administration? If he somehow regrets it?

"How are you?"

"Didn't expect that," Hwiyoung says with a sharp exhale. Junwoo tilts his head in confusion, but his face remains blank.

"Nevermind. I guess I'm doing fine?"

"How so?"

"How so what?"

"Uh..." Not being able to answer on time, Hwiyoung brings the two back to awkward silence. 

"Soobin asked about you," Junwoo says, "she's the one that wanted to ask."

"Oh, then why are you here?"

"Ouch," Junwoo attempts to say jokingly.

The latter didn't get it.

"Anyway..." Hwiyoung looks around quickly, trying to think of what else to say. "Let me rephrase - if she wants to know, then why do you have to force yourself to meet me?"

"Woah!" Perhaps a bit of emotion appeared on Junwoo's face. "I didn't force myself, Soobin just wanted me to ask cause she heard where I'm going."

"Well, if that's the only reason you wanted to talk, we don't need an hour." Although he didn't want to sound so cold, he didn't know how else to entertain the boy in front of him. They didn't really bond on the positives when he was still in school, and even if Hwiyoung changed for the better, that didn't mean he suddenly had the power of friendship and sociability on his side.

"You're right..."

Who would've thought we'd see Junwoo not scold Hwiyoung for his actions?

Hwiyoung walked closer to the exit, when he heard the other speak up.

"If you want, it would be nice if you and Soobin got to talk." The dropout stopped to look at Junwoo. "I'm sure there are things easier to talk about now, after everything that's happened." He then stood up as well, walking to Hwiyoung. "She still has the same number if you want to."

"You're not a bad guy Hwiyoung, you know that." He pats Hwiyoung on the shoulder before walking out the store.

"You deserve some closure."

Ah, there's the all-knowing Junwoo that ticked him off in the beginning. And there he went, disappearing after his undeniably cool exit.


 

Hwiyoung should've known it wouldn't end with one meddling classmate.

Holding on the petrol pump as if it's his lifeline, he pretends he didn't just see a certain brat in a blue tee. He was hoping that, being at the very last station, he'd have more cover. However, has Hwiyoung's hopes ever not failed him?

"I see you have some freedom after leaving your daddy," the said brat gives a cheeky smile. 

"Would you like me to try my freedom on you?" He threatens, pointing the pump at Sanghoon. Instead, he hears laughter, and Hwiyoung can't help but feel a bit concerned, is he in his right mind?

"Keep your gun down pal," he says. He pushes the pump away from him, because no one feels safe with petrol pointed at them. "I was actually thinking, since you and I no longer have to ruin each other, let's be friends!"

Thank goodness there wasn't a car waiting, Hwiyoung needed a few seconds to stare at the other like he's an alien. Because, currently, he was absolutely, totally, utterly, wholly, perfectly, entirely confused.

"What the ?" He finally said while his eyebrows furrowed.

"Hwiyoung! Can you cover for me? The Missus is calling!" Still stuck trying to decipher Sanghoon's intentions, he remained still. The latter, however, gave the guy a strong slap on the back and another cheeky grin.

"Till next time, buddy!" He said quickly, making sure to emphasize on the last word. By the time Hwiyoung moved, Sanghoon was already at the exit, running further and further away.

"Hwiyoung!" A co-worker called again.

"Sorry!" Hwiyoung stopped himself from cursing aloud, but that didn't mean the rest of the day wasn't filled with him considering finding a new job. 

Did he do so? As the day ended, perhaps he just ate and went straight to bed. Did he not search for a new job purposefully?

Nah, all that interaction was just too tiring for the boy. Maybe some other day.


 

You might be wondering, has that day come yet?

Hwiyoung could only sigh after attempting to look for other jobs . Since it was summer, it was no wonder that there were way more teens looking around for part-times. So, for the sake of having money, he'll stick to dreading to meet Sanghoon at the gas station.

Walking into a familiar neighborhood on the warm afternoon of July 3rd, he decides to take a seat at the kid's playground. Because today Hwiyoung hoped that, unlike his adventures to find a new job, this would end successfully.

"Hwiyoung?"

Today, he is going to mend a friendship.

"Soobin," he gives a small smile.

A friendship he dearly cherishes.

 


 

Part 2 of my gifts this Christmas Day! Merry Christmas and Happiest Happy Holidays Everyone <33

(Check out my other gifts if you're into exo or infinite :D)

Okay so - a little moment inside my train of thought - ive noticed that i dont feel energetic when writing cause i always feel i dont like i do enough - so i decided to make my own challenge and so far the products are these chapters i present to yall :D i can honestly say i feel more energetic when writing and am more motivated to update more often (though it might be smth like an update or two a month, is that okay?) nevertheless thank you for continuing to support this story and thank you for finding me! hope yall continue enjoy my work <3

Once again, thank you thank you thank you !! Stay safe and healthy!!