Chapter One

Silent Bullets

 

It was dark, not a light in a sight. Dark clouds covered the moon, flashes of light appearing in the sky followed by rumbles. At first the rain drops came down gently then suddenly it was pouring down hard, the rain drops drenching a woman as she ran through the trees. The rain had made it harder for her to see ahead, she failed to notice that she was coming to a down slope. She tripped and fell, rolling down the hill. When she finally landed on flat ground she pushed herself to sit in an upright position. 

 

", I'm bleeding…" she glanced at her arm that had been cut on something, maybe a rock. As she got onto her feet she winced, her ankle was sprained. But it wasn't time for her to worry about that, she needed to run. Glancing around the area she noticed a building and some stacked containers, possibly a warehouse? It didn't matter, she needed to get help. 

 

She moved as quickly as she could as she couldn't run with the sprain. When she made it to the warehouse she realized it was abandoned. The windows were broken and here was broken glass everywhere as well as trash.  She was out of breath so she stopped and leaned against the wall to catch her breath. She soon heard movement, she needed to hide. 

 

She made her way towards a door that was cracked open and entered the building through it. She hid inside the first room she saw, she wasn't able to close the door all the way though. It was broken. It was dark though so she hoped she wouldn't be noticed by whoever was following her. She stayed there for a few moments to make sure she was in the clear. 

 

"Who's there?" She gasped and glanced behind her, a short male figure stood before her. 

 

She tried to pry the door open as quickly as she could but it was hard when her wrists were handcuffed together but she still managed to get it open and ran out, she was about to go out the way she came in but there were two more dark male figures walking towards her so she ran the opposite way, further into the building. When she found an exit she went straight for it. 

 

But the door wouldn't open, she cursed and started crying "please open please…" she heard a clicking sound behind her. She slowly turned and saw a slim and tall male figure standing with a gun pointed at her. She sunk onto her knees and lifted her arms over her head in defense "p-please don't kill me, I'm sorry for running off, I won't do it again please…" 

 

"Jisung, stand down."

 

The woman stayed frozen in place, eyes shut tied as she sobbed, body shaking in fear. One of the men turned his flashlight on, shining it onto the girl. She was soaking wet, hands bound together by a pair of metal cuffs, and blood dripping down her arm from her wound. 

 

"You...girl, Who are you and what happened to you? Why are you here?" 

 

The girl carefully looked up, squinting from the light "I-I don't know...I just, I just ran here to hide…" she stuttered. 

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Yumi…”

 

"Who are you hiding from?" 

 

She tried to look at who she was speaking to but the light was blinding her so she moved her hand to block the light from her eyes "I don't- I don't know… I don't know who they are but they were taking me away,"

 

The man lowered the light from her face "You were kidnapped?" 

 

Yumi looked up again once the light was lowered, she could see their faces a little better but it was still hard to make up their features. There were about 4 of them surrounding her.

 

"I guess, yeah…" 

 

"Damn, good thing you were able to get away," one of the other men spoke up. 

 

The man who was standing beside the first man who spoke to her squared down in front of her, she was able to see his face more clearly. His chiseled features made him look intimidating. 

 

"You're safe here, we can take you back home, where do you li-" 

 

"No! No please! I can't go back home!" She pleaded with desperation. 

 

"What? Why? Isn't your family worried?" 

 

She looked down at the ground in silence, she was starting to feel weaker as chills went through her body but she ignored it and took a deep breath. 

 

"I can't go back home, because if I do those men will come and take me again," she chewed on her bottom lip clenching onto the chain of her hand cuffs, voice growing softer "my parents sold me off to them…" 

 

The intimidating man tilted his head and raised a brow " traffickers?" 

 

Yumi’s body was shaking uncontrollably "I'm...I'm cold…" 

 

The intimidating man pressed the back of his hand against her forehead "boss, I think she has a fever, we should get her out of here," 

 

"Let's take her home, we shouldn't leave her here." 



                                                                                           ***

 

Walking down the corridor a young man was headed to check on the girl they had brought home. He stopped in front of the white wooden door, just as he was about to knock, the door flew open and a small gasp can be heard. He looked down at the girl before him and blinked. 

 

He put his hand down, both of them now staring at each other silently until the boy finally spoke up "You just gonna stand there?" 

 

"Who are you? What am I doing here?" 

 

"You're at our ho--" the boy paused before smirking to himself "you're in our evil dungeon, you're my slave now, you can call me mas-" 

 

He was cut off when someone smacked him over the head "Stop fooling around, Hyuck," the boy who was addressed as Hyuck let out a whine, at this point Yumi had already remembered how she got there. The man who hit Hyuck looked over at the girl "sorry, Yumi, don't listen to him, he likes messing with everyone, how're you feeling? Seems like your fever went down," the girl felt at ease in this man's presence, she felt a gentle aura from him. 

 

"I'm feeling better, kind of hungry though…" Yumi rubbed her belly and the man smiled "good, we have lunch ready so let's go down and eat yeah?" 

 

"Lunch?" 

 

"Yeah, you've been sleeping all day, come on."

 

As they walked down the corridor and down the stairs the man introduced himself "I'm Doyoung, and this Donghyuck by the way,"

 

"Nice to meet you, seems like you already know my name?" 

 

“You told us last night dummy.” Donghyuck answered.


 

As they approached the dining table Yumi noticed three other men already at the table. She immediately recognized one of them, how could she forget that intimidating face? Though to be fair everyone at the table had intimidated her.

 

"Good you're awake, come sit here," The man with the blonde hair seated at the head of the table gestured towards the seat beside him, sitting across that empty seat was the man with chiseled features, he looked really strong. Yumi took her seat as did Donghyuck and Doyoung took their seats at the table with Doyoung seated to Yumi’s right. A few maids soon came out setting down a bowl of rice porridge in front of Yumi and steak in front of the others. 

 

"I had them make you some porridge since you're sick, you're probably dehydrated from that fever you had," the man picked up his knife and fork, cutting into his steak "I should probably introduce myself my name is Lee Taeyong and I'm the head of this house, this is Jung Jaehyun my right hand man, and over there,” He nodded his head towards the man seated beside Jaehyun “That’s Moon Taeil, I'm assuming Doyoung and Donghyuck have already introduced themselves?" 

 

"Yes sir," Doyoung spoke up. 

 

Everyone seems so formal… She thought to herself.

 

"My name is Kim Yumi, thank you for taking care of me and helping me out last night Mr. Lee," Taeyong smiled at Yumi, it was a gentle smile that put Yumi more at ease. They all ate in silence, none of the men had anything to say and Yumi was too nervous to speak.

 

Taeyong soon broke the silence though "So, since you can't go back home, where will you go? Do you have any friends or family you can go to?" Yumi swallowed her food, eyes locked on her plate as she contemplated her answer “well, I could go to my friends house but, what if they look for me and she gets hurt because of me?”

 

“No family?” Taeil asked and Yumi shook her head “There was my uncle, but he disappeared, I don’t know where he is.” Taeyong set down his utensils “You should go to your friend's house then, I’ll send Jisung with you to make sure you're safe for a while if you think it would help you out...where does she live?” 

 

“In an apartment in Suyeong-gu-”

Taeyong and Jaehyun glanced at each other then back at Yumi “Suyeong-gu?” 

 

“Yeah she-” 

 

“Excuse me, Sir, sorry for interrupting but Jinyoung has arrived,” a maid interrupted. 

 

Taeyong let out a sigh “He’s early, have him wait in the meeting room, I’ll be with him in a moment.”

 

“Yes Sir.” The maid bowed before heading out. 

 

“We’ll talk later, Yumi, I have a guest, Jaehyun, Doyoung, with me.” The three men stood up from their seats and left the room. 

 


A/n: sorry if i do slow updates i'm trying to execute this th ebest I can!