02 - Red Spider Lily

Flower Bloom on one's Skin [BATCH 1 OPEN FOR 1 COUPLE]
 
RED SPIDER LILY
LUNA X JUNGKOOK
 

Jungkook comes out from shower and enter his room. It already pass midnight but he just come back a few minutes ago. Without drying his hair he check his phone. There a message and he quickly checked it due to the name of the sender. 

It is a simple message written 'This is Luna. Here the research paper I mentioned. If you got question, as me tomorrow morning. I'm off to sleep'. With the message there an PDF attachment. He download the attachment and out his phone on the bed. Then he off to dry his hair. 

Jungkook back after a while with his hair dry. He takes his phone and open the download PDF. He start to read the research paper. 

He takes around 10 minutes before he finish reading. But the comment that come from his mouth is "This is like jumping into fantasy comic" 

"But for now what I can conclude is..." 

  • The flowers will only bloom when the owner reach mature age of 19
  • The flowers varies from person. But there instance where two people bloom the same flower in the same color. 
  • The flowers main color will only appear on flowers that bloom closer to the heart. It can be on the front or back. Flower that bloom here bloom from sincere feeling of love. 
  • The flowers can bloom on other places. But those flower doesn't mean of love. Mostly of out adoration, admiration etc. But it won't carry the main color. 
  • One can have more than one flower bloom. There people who have an arm full of flowers. 
  •  The flower can rot and disappear after some time. But there a few rules on it
    • When your love is diminishing
    • When your loved one love diminishing
    • When your love is not returned after some time
    • When your loved one died
  • Flower that rot, can be cultivate back to original. And flower that disappear can come back when you love a new person. 

"Hmm... Then like she said my flower is not my main. It comes from the love of me and ARMY. With this isn't it bad if I do anything to it" he smiled. He looked at his hand and says "It is a good thing" 

 

She looked out from her room window that located on the second floor of her house. Her house is filled with canvases and sketches that consist of flowers. It won't be weird if she can make really life like flowers tattoo that she popular off. 

She wearing a simple sleepwear of short pants and simple tee. Her hair is down on her back pass her waist. On her hand there a picture that she takes a glance. It is a picture of her from way back there. When she own a flower on her skin. 

The photo is of her, taken from her back. With her hair pulled to the right, her flower that bloom on the back of her neck can clearly be seen. It is a red spider lily. 

She touched the back of her neck. And her hair shifted a little giving a slight glimpse of the back of her neck. Different from the picture, there nothing. There no flower blooming there. It clearly show that the flower that used to be there is no longer there. At one point it disappear. 

Looking on the bed, there a box in which inside it there a few other photo. It is a photo of her but it is another part of her skin. There the same flower; spider lily but with different color. 

"What color is my main spider lily?" She asked herself. That because thru the years, others color did bloom on her skin. But none of it her main color. White, yellow, orange, pink and red. None of it is her color. 

"Will I be able to see my flower bloom on my color?" 

She walk toward the bed and sit. Putting the photo back into the box and close it. "The thing that master said is indeed true. The one who flower bloom on their skin is attracted to each other. We will meet at one time" 

Next to the box there a opened file with few papers scattered on it. "This unfinished research..." She sigh. "Would I be able to find out about this occurrence? Is it the right choice to be a tattooist? To be able to meet more people with the same condition" 

 

"Morning" says Jungkook after come into the kitchen. There a few others in middle of breakfast and he who feel hungry get a seat. 

They know about Jungkook trip outside to a tattoo shop and Jin ask him "How yesterday? You come back quite late. I don't think it good to ask" 

"Quite okay" he answer. Hand fast getting the cereal he put with milk on the bowl into his mouth. 

"Did you get it deleted or cover it with another tattoo?" RM ask him. 

The table which at first with four including Jungkook not left with three as Suga leave before Jin even asked the question. The others are either already finish eating or still sleeping. 

"No. I do nothing to it" he show his hand. The flower is still there. "I plan to just leave it be" he added that afterward. 

"Why? Don't you dislike it?" Asks Jin. He want to use the word 'hate' but the sound of it harsh. And tiger lily is Jungkook birthday flower. Jungkook didn't hate the flower but he dislike the existence of it on his hand. 

"Not anymore" he smiled and start explaining what happen yesterday and the stuff about his flower. He also show them the PDF of the research paper she got. 

RM's face turn serious. He thinks for a while as Jin also in silence. A few minutes later RM says "The research paper she send you is incomplete. If this is true, there lots of thing she didn't want you to know and thus hide it" 

He is the most intelligent of them all. And his thought is true. The research paper that Luna send Jungkook is not the full version of it. There lots she omitted from the thick research paper. Only basic thing that should be known is send to Jungkook. 

"This stuff is new to me. I don't even know if this is true or not" he added it. "It hard to confirm since the ratio of this to happen is one out of unknown. That also not confirmed. I don't think they find enough people to know how much people with this rare occurrence. There lots of loophole in this research and it just a part of it" 

"But hyung, if I don't believe in this, what should I think about the flower? It indeed that after I'm 19 that something appear on my hand" 

"Yeah, Namjoon. You did know how freakout Jungkook when it slowly becoming flower" Jin remember the anxiety of Jungkook. At first it just a mere dots and then grow to connect and becomes lines. Slowly that lines connected with each other forming a flower. And this year color start to come out. 

"You said that she ask for your number, can I talk to her?" Jungkook hesitate for a second but give RM his phone after open it and the skrin show her saved contact. 

It is not a private thing to talk and the one in matter; Jungkook should hear too. After he push the call button he change it to loud speaker. 

It takes some times and the call is connected. "Hello" the three can heard a hoarse voice. The thought that she just woke up due to the call comes to them. 

"Miss Luna, are you available for me to talk to you?" RM didn't want to inconvenient her since her voice is like she still half asleep. He can't help to see the clock that show it already 9 AM. 

"Who is it?" She ask as he doesn't remember the voice. There a slight pause and then they hear "Ah. Jeon Jungkook. Though I said you can ask me next morning, don't you think it is too early?" 

They now know the slight pause is for her to check who is calling her. Maybe it is due to her not recognizing the voice. 

Jungkook looked at his hyung and then says "It not. And it is my hyung who want to ask you something" 

"Hmm... Go on. Ask me" she says. 

"You don't get angry I told my hyung about it?" 

"It is not a popular topic to share with others. But there no law to forbid this to be talked. Go on and told your whole fanclub too" her voice sound sarcastic. Like she doesn't mind but mind at the same time. 

Jungkook want to give a comeback but RM stop him. He says "The research paper you send Jungkook is not complete" 

There a silence before a reply "Yeah" 

"Isn't it better if you send a full research paper on it?" 

In a serious tone she says "I never let anyone see the full research paper. There no need for something like that" Her voice is cold. Like she hate to be asked about it. 

"I found the paper you send Jungkook is full of loophole. Checking the whole research is needed" 

"Ignorance is a bliss" that what she said before ended the call. 

The three looked at the phone and then at each other. "Looks like you just make her hate you or Jungkook?" Says Jin. 

 

Luna put down the phone. The talk make her awake. And really awake at it. She sigh. And back to lie down on her soft mattress. With blanket covering her body she get into fetal position. Her eyes is shut tight. 

Another sigh comes out and she open her eyes. Looking next to the bed, the clock is there to tell he it is 9:24 AM. Her place open from 2 PM and she got lots of time in between. 

"What should I do?" She ask herself. She usually takes more sleep till maybe 11 AM and due to the talk she can't go back to sleep. 

She takes her phone and check her social media. It been some times she last posted the picture of her work. Not like she didn't have work it just the work in her eyes is not aesthetic enough to be in the gallery. 

Looking at the inbox she see a few message. Usually it is a message asking her about the tattoo and normal stuff people curious of. She reply it and then get into another message. One by one she get into the last message. 

"Hmm... A booking?" She raise up and head to the table in her room. She open the journal where she wrote all her schedule. Checking if she have any free time. There a few days and hour slot that filled. 

She reply the date and time that the other can come. And then looked back to her journal. It filled but mostly from her returning customer. People who once comes prefer to book for their second visit. While new customer mostly drop by any time. 

She got a reply confirming the time. She wrote it on her journal. Reply the confirmation of booking and close her journal. "It is rare for new customer to book first" 

She give the person a few time that she available this week. And the person choose a slot of today. Wondering about the person she checked the social media. 

Scrolling through she comes with conclusion. "He handsome" 

 

That day 'Flower Bloom on one's Skin' open as usual. Luna sit on her usual chair and continue reading. She supposed to have a customer at 6 PM but her place just opened. With no customer she just spend her time for herself. 

She doesn't remember how time pass when she engrossed in her reading. There a few break for her body but now the bell on top of the door rings. Her eyes looked up and she see someone enter.  

"Excuse me. I have an appointment at 6" his eyes directed to the clock for a second. Confirming his timely arrival. 

"Ah. Yes. Choi San?" She asked. Also checking the clock. How she wonder of herself who didn't notice the track of time. 

He nods hearing his name. She give a smile and says "Please get a seat" she point toward the black sofa. Without much thinking he did as she told. 

 

Notes - This is a chapter where I explain more stuff about the flower. It will be easy if you read this first before applying. To know more about the rules of the flower that bloom. Tho I don't mind of occasional bend on rules. It just makes it interesting. Plus more research is still on going as this story started. So, more hypothesis can be made and not just the current shackle I place.