THE LOVE

AMOR FATI

A PEEK TO THE YOUNGER JUNG

 

It was dark and rainy night, Boston’s lights are flickering due to a storm that hit the city. A young girl shivering by the bus stop, alone. She hates her life, her parents and she hated how she left her only sister and fly to Boston, out of planned. She just rolled the dice in the map and it stopped on Boston that’s why she’s there, where no one knows her or she does know anyone. Taxis’ are not stopping when she called nor buses scheduled in that late night. The young girl sighs and give up hoping to find any means of transportation, instead she just sat there and maybe let the night pass by.

“Are you okay?” A voice call from behind, worriedly enough.

“Obviously not.” The young girl replied tired of waiting and maybe this person is not here to help.

“You know, if you plan on having a night out here. Why don’t you come over to my place?”

“I mean- not that kind of come to my place but you can spend the night there with a warm blanket and leave tomorrow if you want.” The stranger offered.

“Really?”

“How will I know you won’t sell me or bring me to a court house?” The young girl pouted angrily.

“You’re cute you know? Don’t worry, here’s my phone if you want and this is the police phone number. Feel free to call them if you notice I’m bad.” The stranger offer her phone after unlocking it.

“Fine.” The younger girl took the phone and followed the stranger.

Wet by the rain, they arrived in a studio room just a walking by the bus stop.

“Here’s a towel, I have extra clothes here. Have you even eaten?” The owner of the house asks as she handed a towel and a mickey mouse PJ’s to her guest.

“I had lunch.” Soojung replied in a whisper.

“And that was what? 5 or 6 hours ago? I have some ramen here, go and change while I cook, okay?” The owner smiles before disappearing to her kitchen.

“I’m sorry.” Soojung return wearing the PJ’s which earned a smile from the other girl, she seems older than Soojung.

“It’s okay. You only did what’s right, never trust strangers.” The owner smiles as she receive her phone back.

The night went deep, Soojung had her stomach full by the Ramen and some left-over meat from owner’s dinner earlier and was given a spare bed on the floor, same room with the owner.

“Do you want me to turn off the lights?” The owner asks.

“Yes please.” Soojung girl replied followed by the lights turning off which leaves the lamp shade on by the bed side table.

“I’m just going to study for a bit, just go on and sleep don’t mind me.” The owner stated.

“I will, goodnight and Thank you unnie.” Soojung then cover her whole body with a blanket before drifting to sleep which makes the older girl smile.

“Goodnight Soojung.”

 

Soojung turns to the right side of her bed, it’s been 6 years close to 7 before she had the courage to come back to SEOUL. Of course, she understood why her sister would be mad but did not expect that she won’t talk to her and instead avoid her. Hearing her phone beeps, she checks the message and with a smile. She headed to the bathroom and prepares to go out.

After picking a simple black shorts and white T-shirt, she took her bike’s keys and headed to café in her message.

“Unnie, I missed you.” Soojung greeted her friend.

“Aigoo, you just visited me a week ago when you arrived her in Seoul.” Her friend pated her back before motioning her for a seat.

“Well, I miss you still.” Soojung meronged.

“I know, you’ve been sending me messages every day even if I’m at work. Why don’t you just stay at my place.” Her friend offered.

“You work like an ant and you want me to stay at your place? To what clean your house?” The younger Jung retorted.

“Yeah, and also not to make it look a little haunted or have mold.” Her friend winks.

“Thanks but no thanks, I have my own room now that I need to take care of.” The younger Jung waved in the air making a disgusted face.

“Yah! You did fine back in Boston.” The older girl pouted.

“Well, I needed help before, a house and support. And whoever in mighty heavens knows I’m thankful you found me.” The younger Jung smiles at the thought, for two years they’ve been living together in Boston, she supported the younger Jung like any unnie would do for her dongsaeng.

“Of course, until you grew up and found work on your own. Raise yourself, studied alone when I finished at Harvard.” The older girl sighs, she should have been there and supported the younger Jung even more.

“I’m fine. I was, (pause) you taught me well.” The younger Jung brush the subject off.

There was a ring in the older girl’s phone as she excuse herself and headed for the rest room.

“Soojung?” A familiar voice broke the younger girls’ stare in her phone.

“Eunha-unnie~” The younger Jung greeted the secretary and her smile disappear when she saw her sister beside the secretary.

“Are you alone?” Eunha asks.

“No, actually I’m with a friend.” Soojung replied.

“I see, we just had a meeting with a client here.” Eunha chuckles.

“Is that so?” Soojung turn her gaze at her sister.

“You should go on. Have a great night.” Soojung smiles at Eunha.

“You too, don’t stay here for too long.

“I won’t.” Soojung replied and watch both of them left the café.

“Sorry, some paper works had been missing. Did I miss something?” The older girl came back.

“Yeah, my sister was here.” Soojung smiled but it was a sad one.

“Hey, she’ll talk to you one day.” The older girl smiled back.

“She won’t be able to ignore this pretty face of yours for too long. Pretty annoying face.” The older girl joked when she notice the younger girl didn’t budge.

“Yah! I know I’m pretty but it’s not that I’m trying to seduce a lover. But yes, let’s hope she’ll soften.” Soojung smiles at her unnie. How thankful she really is that this woman had found her.

  1. order arrived just in time then.

“Thanks, just in time I’m kinda hungry.” The older girl rub her palm in excitement.

“Don’t act like a kid unnie, you already look like one.” Soojung rolled her eyes playfully.

“I’m still young.” The older girl retorted.

“Young, but not that young to be a kid. You should find someone already, start dating.” Soojung pointed out.

“Not gonna happen sooner my dear.” The older girl shook her head as they prepare to eat.

“When the time comes, I want you to meet my sister.” Soojung smiles before starting digging up.

 

-

 

 

 

“You promised me you’ll talk to her.” Eunha started as they ride the car heading to the CHOI for a dinner. It’s been three days since the encounter in the café and not a word from the CEO.

“I did, but that wasn’t just the right timing.” The older Jung in defense.

“So when is the right timing?” Eunha pressed the subject.

“I’ll try my very best the next time, okay?” The CEO sighs.

“Fine, on the other hand in the dinner except for the Choi’s some board will be there. Your cousin Choi Sooyoung is thinking about having the foundation expanded with the help of our company. It is a good foundation, for the blind and the children. The artist Tiffany Young is joining her.” Eunha explains.

“Why not have this meeting at the office?” The CEO sighs.

“Well, supposedly it’s just a dinner but the other want to take this opportunity since you know. I’ve been cancelling your meeting.” Eunha said in a low voice.

“I’m sorry.”

“Because of my situation you must’ve been facing some complaints.” The CEO finishes her sentence.

“It’s nothing I can’t handle, as long as you’ll be fine I’ll be fine.” Eunha smiles, assuring the CEO.

“I promise, I’ll deal with Soojung later okay? Don’t let it stress you too.” The stated as the car came to halt, stopping in front if the Choi’s villa.

“Welcome cousin.” Choi Siwon welcome Jessica and Eunha.

“Thanks Oppa.” Jessica replied and followed her tall cousin. They headed to the garden, a lengthy table at the center, some board are already there. At the head of the table sat Choi Seunghyun, the head of the Choi family and a major shareholder of CS foundation.

“My dear niece, welcome.” Seunghyun welcome Soojung with a hug.

“Nice to see you uncle.” Jessica smiles.

“We’ve been having hardship to set a meeting with you, I’m sorry they we’re invited here.” Seunghyun apologize as she motion Jessica to sit to his left side.

“It’s nothing to worry about uncle, it’s just that I have some things personal to take care of.” Jessica seated herself with Eunha beside her.

“Have some drinks, Sooyoung is still inside talking to her friends for the foundation.”

“It’s okay, I don’t have any schedule left.” Jessica assured her uncle. Seunghyun smiles.

“I see, you should give yourself some time off you know? Not just work all the time.” Her uncle look at her worriedly but happy at the same time that Jessica doesn’t have any schedule after this meeting to be off early.

“Oh, there you are. Your cousin is here.” Seunghyun called.

“Jess~ it’s been a while.” Sooyoung hugged the CEO with a peck on the cheeks.

“I know, been busy for a while same to you.” Jessica replied with a smile. Though she and Sooyoung do not see each other frequently, they click having lots of similarities and both being savage.

“By the way, I want you to meet Tiffany Young, she wants to help and volunteer at our foundation. And-“

“Taeyeon?” Jessica cut her cousin off.

“You knew each other?” Sooyoung asks, a little dismay they both knew each other. Since Taeyeon save Jessica that day she have been taking note to let the two meet.

“Yeah.” Taeyeon smiles and shook hands with CEO.

“I introduce them at the convention a while back.” Siwon came from behind.

“I see.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Of course, Miss Hwang Nice to see you again.” Jessica hugged the familiar artists which she worked with a year ago.

“Come on then.” Sooyoung seated opposite to Jessica followed by Taeyeon and Tiffany and other board. Siwon sat beside Eunha. The dinner was perfect, no one talks about business while they ate but enjoyed the food instead.

“So, I’ve read your proposal.” Jessica started as the maid clean the table for dessert.

“Not that impressive unlike yours, eh?” Sooyoung smirks.

“Well, I’ve been thinking about it.” Jessica nodded.

“Really?” Sooyoung exclaimed excitedly.

“Of course, it would benefit the company in some way also that’s why I guess the board are here?” Jessica motions to the board members who nodded.

“You’re really the best Jess, we’ve been planning also to add cancer patients to our reaching out that’s why Taeyeon is here.” Sooyoung smiles happily.

“Yeah, we really want to make their days wonderful knowing the little have left.” Tiffany added.

“Consider it a close deal then.” Jessica raise her glass and motion for a cheer.

“I really love you Jess!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“Thank you Jess~” Tiffany smiles with smile.

“No worries.” Jessica mirrored the smile and lock an eye contact with Taeyeon for a moment before looking at Eunha,

 

Thy finished the dinner meeting, board members went home first leaving the ladies in the living room of the CHOI’s

“I really thank you Jess, it will be a good cause and I will never fail you.” Sooyoung took Jessica’s hand in hers.

“I know you won’t.” Jessica smiles.

“Soo, can you help me here a bit?” Tiffany called the tall girl.

“Just a second.” Sooyoung excuse herself.

“Hey” Taeyeon smiles at Jessica as she sat opposite to her by the couch.

“What’s up Doc.?” Jessica beamed.

“Hmm, I supposed they don’t know about your-“Taeyeon did not finish.

“No, and I hope it stays that way.” Jessica pleaded with her eyes.

“Sure thing, Miss Jung.” Taeyeon smiles and wink.

“I didn’t expect you to be close to Sooyoung.” Jessica changed the topic.

“And I knew you’re their cousin when Siwon introduce us.” Taeyeon added.

“Yeah, that’s right.” Jessica nodded her head.

“I’m really looking forward in working with you in Soo’s project.” Taeyeon stated.

“So am I.” Jessica mirrored the smile on Taeyeon’s face.

“Tae, Excuse me Jessie but I have to borrow Taeyeon. She’s my driver tonight.” Tiffany excused as she went beside Taeyeon with an apologetic smile.

“No worries Miss Hwang.” Jessica assured her with a smile.

“Fany is fine.” Tiffany wave in the air.

“Sure thing Fany, then you can call me Jess.” Jessica smiled at the friendly woman.

“We’ll be going then. Thanks for inviting me and letting me be a part of such a good cause.” Tiffany hugs the CEO excitedly.

“I’m just glad to help in any ways I can.”

“Have a nice night.” Taeyeon wave.

“Same to you both.” Jessica replied before Taeyeon and Tiffany left.

 

 

Eunha went home first after the dinner, Jessica headed to her apartment but to her surprise a familiar silhouette is waiting by the gate.

“Soojung?” The older Jung creased her brow. Before the younger Jung can replied her phone beeps. ‘Remember your promise.’ It was from Eunha.

“Eunha-unnie sent your address, I just want to talk to you if you’re not that busy.” The younger Jung kicks in the air, nervous which didn’t go unnoticed by her older sister.

“Since you’re here, do you want to go inside or go out?’ The older Jung asks.

“Out?” The younger Jung replied, they both used Jessica’s car and drove somewhere. The drive was quiet, a little awkward. Jessica stops the car when they arrive at Han River, They both exit the car and started walking towards the sea, passing by the other campers. Walking by the shore, only the waves crashing can be heard and the noise from the campers can be heard.

“I know no words can make up for what I did, but still I want to say I’m sorry.” Soojung stated. She’s walking in front her sister now, not wanting to let her see if ever tears would betray her.

“I understand that you’re mad and don’t want to talk to me, but-“Soojung stops in her tracks when a pair of arms over her shoulder, hugging her and at the same time she felt warm droplets fell in her clothes.

“Go on-“Jessica hugs her not wanting Soojung to turn her back at her.

“Unnie, I’m really sorry for leaving you. I know I should have been there.”

“Since Mom and Dad passed away like that, you must have feel alone and lonely and you needed someone but I wasn’t there. When your study went to an extent that you had to take over the business, when you were so stressed, when you want to cry, those birthday’s, Christmas, New years that we haven’t celebrate together nor remember our parents on their death anniversary. I wasn’t there, you we’re alone when we could have been together.”

“I’m sorry. Unnie, I’ll do anything for you to talk to me and forgive me.”

“I’m sorry.” Soojung was sobbing, she removes Jessica’s arm around her and turn to face her sister silently crying.

“I know, I know you’re sorry Soojung-ah~” Jessica wipes her sister tears.

“I’m sorry if I ignore you, instead of facing and talking to you.” Jessica added.

“No, it’s okay. I understand that you feel mad.” Soojung shook her head.

“Babo! Why would I be mad? Did you know I’ve look for you all those years, how could I be mad when you’re here? I just missed you so much that I can’t believe you’re really here and maybe I just want you to be where you went to because I know you left because you want to be where your heart wants.” Jessica pull Soojung for a hug.

“That was stupid of me, I wasn’t that happy all the time but it was better. But still, it would have been perfect if I was here with you.” Soojung still sobbing.

“Come on, stop crying. People are staring at us thinking we’re crazy here.” Jessica chuckles.

“I know.” Soojung laughs.

“You’ve grown a lot.” Jessica patted her sister’s head.

“Yeah, I’m taller than you now.”

“I promise I’ll make it up to you unnie.” Soojung added.

“You better do.” Jessica smiles, what a comforting warm to embrace her missing piece after a long time. The piece that will make everything okay, that will gives her the strength to continue fighting.

 

 

A//N : So, another update it is.. hahahahahaha hope you'll like it~ J