CHAPTER 3

HIDDEN VOWS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Coffee?”

Yongsun was standing in front of the glass window overlooking the busy streets of Seoul and the city’s enormous skyscrapers. They are inside Byul’s office.

“You want me to come here for a cup of coffee?” Yongsun asked with a hint of sarcasm.

She heard Byul chuckled behind her.

“Do you want anything else Yongsun-ssi?”

“Yes.” 

“Tell me immediately so that I could go back to the meeting at once.”

“You.” Yongsun faced Byul who’s standing few meters away from her. “I want you.”

Byul stared at her and for a moment Yongsun saw a flash of desire behind those brown orbs. Oddly, she somewhat felt satisfied. Byul walked towards her desk and leaned.

“And do you think I want you too?” Yongsun’s chest twisted into an undesirable anger.

“My statement isn’t about for romance, Byul-ssi. I want you to come with me. I just need a little responsibility from you as a wife. I’m sure there are press everywhere hungry for such relationship progress. At least that would benefit you a little after your scandal.”

Byul's eyebrows shoot upwards. “Why would I do that? You see, Ms. Kim. I’m a very busy woman. I don’t give a damn about the public’s attention because it hadn’t benefited me even a cent. If you have all the time to roam around the world then I don’t. If you’re that bored sassing around then  go back to U.S. and bury yourself at work.” Byul snapped that made Yongsun caught off-guard. She managed to take a deep breath and counted up to three to stop herself from an outburst. The insults have crossed the line. Fighting with this woman has already consumed Yongsun’s time, and so as her patience.

“Very well.” Yongsun walked towards the door and reached for the handle. She was about to exit when she spoke again. Kim Yongsun won’t leave defeated.

“I’m going to meet Eric alone then.” She glanced at Byul. “I’m sure you remembered him.”

Yongsun was already gone for a while but her last words were still bugging Byul’s mind. Eric Nam. 

“I’m sure you remembered him.” 

Who wouldn’t? The rivalry between their companies up to present and the most relevant of all, Kim Yongsun’s known lover whom she almost eloped with just to escape their marriage. Thinking about how not sure Byul was if they even ended up their relationship after these years of marriage and why she only bothered to care about it now made her blood boiled to higher centigrade. She fished for her phone inside the pocket of her slux and scrolled to dial.

“Miss Moon?”

“Wheein-ah, I have a favor to ask.”

 


Yongsun made her stop to the location Eric sent her. Of all the hundreds he could’ve chosen, it was predictable that it would be the restaurant where he asked her to be his lover and became their favorite place. She entered and walked with much familiarity. The placed went into a renovation to cope up with the world’s modernity. It could’ve been a good place for a romantic date with candle lights, rose petals on floor and table, with a full moon shining above the flowing waters of Han River nearby. 

Maybe the next time. 

“Miss Kim. This way please.” She quietly followed the waiter and saw him. He was sitting on their usual spot. His eyes were focused on the calm water of the river while sipping a glass of champagne. Her stomach did some somersaults when their gazes finally met. Yongsun tried to be professional and put on a smile. 

“Sol.” He said while standing up and gave her cheek a kiss which she didn't see coming. Yongsun immediately put some distance between them. 

“Hello, Eric-ssi.” Eric was obviously hurt because of the way Yongsun avoided her and how formal the woman was.

“I guess it’s just because of the jet lag. Come on, have a sit.” He said while pulling the opposite chair for her. The waiter then excused himself.

“Sol. Look at me.” Eric almost begged because she’s been looking all over the place except on him. And just for once, she did. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter