CHAPTER 1

HIDDEN VOWS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Heels are clicking on the flawless floor. She decided to focus ahead rather than to give any attention to people who started to give fuss upon the recognition. 

“It seems like everyone is in a state of shock aye?” Maria—her business partner and childhood bestfriend—suddenly chimed in. 

“Right. Was that supposed to be because of how underrated my look right now beside you or they’re thinking who the heck we are for crowding this place by bringing body guards in complete suit and tie?” She answered nonchalantly while eyeing her bestfriend who’s wearing a dazzling long black silk dress with aztec patterns muslin from Saint Laurent matched with bionic chain earrings and betty pumps from LV. 

She heard Maria laugh and raised her sunglasses and fixed it on top of her head. More gasps and whispers.

“It that Hwasa? And oh! They’re both together.”

“Is that really her? Why so sudden?”

“That’s really her. It’s been so long since she came back.”

“Woah.”

“Hyejin-ah, please stop that. You of all people knew why I came here as quietly as I could.” 

“Unnie, seriously. Take a chill pill.” She waved to group of people.

“And seriously even if you’ll wear a ragged sack everyone will still be looking at you in full awe. Why? Because it’s Kim Yong-Sun. The CEO of Kim Industrus and a shareholder of Twit by Maria—one of the biggest clothing line and accessories by yours truly.” Maria continued and gave her a smug smile. Yongsun then decided not to give more retorts or Maria won’t stop teasing about her high profile.

A private car is already waiting once they stepped outside the airport building. Humidity touched her cold skin nonetheless it was a nice summer breeze. Yongsun hurriedly went inside and murmured a small thanks that they haven’t caught the attention of the hungry paparazzis. 

“I guess your lowkey casual worked for now, unnie.” Maria said while she took her phone out of her purse and started scrolling through her feeds.

“I really just want to rest Hyejinnie.” Yongsun said as she leaned her head on the backrest.

“Yes. I think you should do that before dropping the most controversial bomb tomorrow.” 

Yongsun looked out and immersed herself into the sceneries.

“Unnie, you two are married. You have all the legal rights to storm out of your comfort zone and get what’s yours.” 

“Hyejin, I’m the only one who’s acting up as the married. We met once... twice? Thrice? I don’t know. The day right after we exchanged our vows I came back immediately to US and buried myself to work. I can’t even remember all her features and who knows that’s the case for her too.”

“I don’t blame you for running away given that you’ve been put into a loveless marriage after all.” Yongsun remained quiet and continued staring outside. 

“Or it’s already a was?” Maria asked.

“Was?”

“Was a loveless marriage?”

“Stop this nonsense. Of course it’s still loveless. I just can’t take it anymore. The marriage happened because of typical business alliances but I handled it responsibly. If she can’t respect that then the least she could do is to  respect our family names’ union.” Yongsun replied with irritation.

“Okay, okay. Unnie, okay. No need to be in a defensive mode.” Maria said while raising her hands as a sign of surrender. “You are Kim Yongsun the-“

“Stop telling me that CEO thing or I will smack the crap out of you.”

“The patron of civility.” Maria finished. “I know you just want to be civil with Miss Moon. Right, unnie?” 

Miss Moon. 

That wom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter