Chapter 3 |

Back in Time to You |

"What do I do now?" Haejin stared at the events brochure she picked up from the concierge. The big loud front of 2015 was screaming in her face. 

"What was I doing in 2015?" She mumbled. But soon disappointed because she realised she hasn't even moved out of her parent's house yet in 2015, so there wasn't even a place she could return to.

She rummaged through her little clutch and for once in her life she was angry for not having cash. Staring at her phone, she attempted to turn it on again. 

Nope. Did not work. So much for going cashless and saving all her cards digitally on her phone. Now she's literally stranded in town with nowhere she could return to let alone finding a friend's house to take refuge.

Because, very sadly, she had no friends. 

In 2020, Haejin was an average office worker leading a very average life. Due to the hierarchy at work, she was half a coffee girl and more of an errands runner. Her pay wasn't high but enough to sustain the rent of a small apartment. And that, she was already contented.

Not just that.

At 28 years old, Haejin was still single.

She was not even close to having a romantic relationship with anyone. Her off days revolved around binge-watching drama and...well, her biggest secretive hobby - writing romantic fanfics.

In her world of fiction, her main leads enjoyed a much more colourful romance than her, ever. And her ultimate bias Jackson Wang was always the main character in her stories.

The tune of "Just Right" came to mind at the thought of that and in this very moment, she felt even lonelier.

Dragging her feet, she couldn't even bother with the sharp pain her shoes brought her. She didn't even notice how she'd walked out of the hotel lobby and onto the familiar, yet unfamiliar streets of 2015. 

Someone walked past her, talking on the phone. She took a glance and her eyes widened at the sight of an older version of a particular phone. She looked past the passerby, one of the banners on the streets was the release of an upcoming movie. In 2020, the movie franchise had already released much more movies. She shook her head and a bitter mocking smile spread across her lips.

She walked aimlessly, the sound of traffic drowned out by her own sorrow. She still couldn't quite understand the situation she was in. 

Time-travel? 

Whose crazy idea was that?!

Should she try to go home? But it was at least a few hours ride. She didn't even have the money to buy a long-distance bus ticket.

She walked to the convenience store down the street and slumped into the plastic chair outside the store.

For a long time, she just stared blankly at the passersby. Slowly, it began to sink in. This was her new reality. 28 years old her, back to her 23 years old world.

Unknowingly, tears welled up in her eyes and began to fall uncontrollably. Silent sobs turned into loud cries. Passersby gave her odd looks, some with sympathy. Who would've imagined, that this girl came from the future? 

For a long time, she didn't even know how long, she bawled her eyes out just like that. 

Then a voice came from behind her, to her surprise, "are you... okay?"

She turned around, her vision blurred by her tears, unable to find a focus. A silhouette of someone appeared. A hiccup hit her when her vision cleared because Lucas was standing here.