outro:future

half my soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No.”

 

“But why?” Yoohyeon uncharacteristically whined to her wife.

 

“Just no.” But Bora would not budge. She is the unstoppable, unmovable CEO of Purple. She would not be swayed by mere puppy eyes and cute whining. She would not-

 

“Bboya, please!” Yoohyeon clasped her hands together and brought them under her chin, amplifying the cute eyes. Bora could feel her resolve breaking little by little. “Besides, we’ve been together for six years now. Purple Holdings is thriving more than both of us ever expected. Don’t you think it’s time we consider taking the next step in our lives and expand our little family?”

 

“But we have a lot of work to do. I don’t think we have time to raise-”

 

“Hey. It’s going to be okay. We can do this.” The tender look on Yoohyeon’s face made Bora think that, yes, they really are ready to take the next step.

 

The taller woman wrapped her arms around her smaller wife, giving her a kiss on her forehead. Just something about feeling Yoohyeon against her, melting into her warmth, was making her reconsider. “I - I’ll think about it.” Bora sighed at last, much to the joy of Yoohyeon.

 

--

 

The couple sat anxiously in the waiting room. The doctor said that he’d be with them in a moment but it felt like the clock was dragging by very slowly. Bora could feel her palms sweating. She could handle last minute deadlines, meetings with s, and wrangle with the worst of the worst business partners but, for some reason, this was ten times more nerve-wracking.

 

Sensing her apprehension, Yoohyeon squeezed her hand a bit, “Don’t be scared. I’m right here.”

 

“I’m right here.” Yoohyeon repeated, planting a soft kiss on Bora’s lips. When she pulled away, she was met with a small smile. Yoohyeon grinned as well and nuzzled her nose against Bora’s neck. She’s much taller so it’s slightly uncomfortable but she doesn’t mind.

 

The doctor walked out a moment later with his clipboard. “Well, ladies, I have good news. She’s as healthy as she should be. There is nothing to worry about.” The couple breathe a sigh of relief at the news.

 

“You can return a few days later for a final checkup and then you’re all set.”

 

“Thank you!” Finally, Bora smiled.

 

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter