3 - Make It With You

Home is Where the Heart Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel like I rushed this??? But I hope you'll still give this a chance. >_<

 

“Kyungsoo, Kai is waiting for you by the hallway!” one of Kyungsoo’s classmates practically squealed, getting his attention off the sketches he’s making by his desk. He tilted his head questioningly, wondering who Kai is. He’s pretty sure he doesn’t know anyone by that name. But judging from the stares the whole class is giving him, he feels like he’s supposed to know him or at least heard of him.

 

Not wanting to draw anymore eyes on him, Kyungsoo quickly made his way outside his room. To find Jongin standing right across his room, hands inside his jean pockets and headphones dangling by his neck. Kyungsoo was surprised to see him there. Not because he does not know that Jongin goes to the same high school as him; if anything, during Kyungsoo’s first weekend in his stepdad’s house, he learnt some things about his brothers. One of which is that Jongin and Sehun are also studying in his school and they had been looking out for him ever since the wedding but they just didn’t want to overstep their boundaries and approach him since they know he’s still not comfortable with them.

 

Kyungsoo was more surprised to find out that the Kai that almost everyone in his class apparently knows is Jongin. “Jongin?” Kyungsoo called out hesitantly. He’s not sure what brings him here, considering that Jongin’s building is on the other side of the campus.

 

“Hyung,” Jongin said almost inaudibly, rubbing at his nape. “My class got cancelled and we have no substitute teacher, that’s why I ended up having an earlier break for lunch. Um… How do I say this? I normally eat with Sehun, but he’s still in the middle of an exam. And I remember you telling us your schedule. Um… What I’m trying to say is if it’s okay for you to join me for lunch? There’s a place Sehun and I frequent.” Jongin was looking alternately towards the floor and towards Kyungsoo as he talked to him.

 

Kyungsoo took several seconds to internalize what Jongin was saying. Which the latter took as rejection.

 

“Hyung, it’s okay if you don’t want to…”

 

“NO! I MEAN YES!” Kyungsoo sighed at the confused expression on Jongin’s face. “I mean, it’s cool with me. I can eat lunch with you. Just wait for me here. I just need to fix my stuff inside.”

 

Jongin gave him a soft smile in return. “Thanks, hyung.”

 

Kyungsoo immediately went back inside his classroom and abruptly stashed all his stuff inside his backpack. He noticed the curious glances his classmates are giving him, but he knows there’s no reason for him to explain to them. When he stepped out of the room again, it was to see Jongin surrounded by several guys and girls. He was giving them a small smile every now and then, but it sure looks like he was uneasy with it.

 

It was then that Kyungsoo decided to step in. He’d like to chalk it to the fact that he is just looking after his brother. Plus, he knows exactly how uncomfortable it is when people invade your personal space. “Jongin, let’s get going.”

 

“Um… Excuse me,” Jongin said politely to the group around him.

 

Kyungsoo waited until Jongin was near him before he started walking. Jongin fell into step beside him. They were just walking in silence side by side. But wherever they went, people were looking at them, some even doing double takes.

 

“So, Kai, huh?” Kyungsoo finally decided to ask once they got out of the main gate of their campus.

 

A tinge of pink dusted Jongin’s cheek. “Yeah, officially earned that nickname during the beginning of the year during the opening ceremony.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed, which Jongin rightfully perceived as a signal to keep talking.

 

“One of the officers of the dance team invited me to dance that day. Apparently, he has seen me dance from my best friend’s videos. Taemin, my best friend, has named me Kai even during our childhood days, but it’s only recently that the nickname got outside my circle of friends.”

 

“I see. How does it—” Kyungsoo was not able to finish his sentence when Jongin suddenly pulled him close to his body. Turned out some random guy on his motorbike almost hit him while zooming past them.

 

“Are you okay?” Jongin’s voice was laced with worry.

 

“Y-Yeah, you got me just in time.” Kyungsoo’s voice was evidently trembling. Jongin put his arm around him and rubbed his shoulder to comfort him.

 

Jongin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter