If The World Was Ending

Beautiful Scars

I need to move on with life without granny by my side now but she promised me that she will always look after me and I will hold onto that. I still played for the foundation day but it’s not the same feeling anymore. Days goes by the pain is still here, my friends always cheer me up and I’m thankful for them. When Irene unnie heard the news she tried to come to the funeral but I refuse because I know she have other responsibilities to attend. She’s always texting me to update her, Irene unnie feels like my long lost sister that I just met at this age. There is one time we accidentally met at the hallway IT IS awkward since texting is our main of communication and talking in real life I’m not ready for that I’m still embarrassed to face her with her intimidating aura.

-

We are here at gymnasium, fortunately we have an event that I didn’t know but that’s good free time for us. I’m just seating while playing games in my phone but there is this feeling again like I’m being watch by someone and when I look up my gaze is met by Irene unnie again but I’m still focus to the game so I dismissed that. While still playing my guy classmate came to me he said he’s playing the same game too, he’s level is lower than mine so we exchange phone for me to rank his game. Irene unnie texted me and my classmate is confuse because he is holding my phone when her name pop up and I can feel the issue is rising now. And I’m not wrong about that, few days after that the issue of me and unnie dating spread to the whole school.

-

 I’m reviewing even though it is weekend because my mom scolded me for having a low grade and almost failing one subject and in my defense I’m distracted with things going on around me and granny but my mom didn’t understand that so I have to focus more on studying right now.

And suddenly unnie texted me she’s asking me to hangout with her today. It’s our first time to hangout and I don’t know what to wear so I called Sejeong she knows best I this kind of situation.

“Sej what should I wear I’m going out”

“Just wear casual clothes. By the way where are you going?”

“I’m going to the mall to buy some school stuff you know I run out of materials already” Even my friends don’t know that me and unnie are close already because we respect each other’s privacy and our friends personality clash so we didn’t mind telling them.

“Wendy-ah I’m here in front of bookstore where are you?”

“I’m already near unnie just stay there”

This hangout is giving me anxiety. When I saw her she’s wearing a red shirt and pants.

“Hi unnie! So what are we going to do?” I ask since this is so sudden.

“Hmmmm. It’s already lunch have you eaten you lunch?”

“No, I rush here so let’s eat?”

We ate in fast food there is still awkwardness within us but unnie tried to eliminate that atmosphere. After we ate we are here inside the cinema watching The Amazing Spider-man 2. The movie is good it’s my cup of movie I didn’t know unnie is into action movie also, I thought she’s more of a romance type of person. After that we played games in time zone. We made a bet who ever loses in basketball game will have to treat an ice cream with fries, I know that I’m gonna lose this game since she knows how to play basketball I tried to distract her by calling her name and stealing her ball. But in the end I still loss the game and treat her ice cream.

“Unnie what kind of ice cream you want?”

“I want the vanilla ice cream with chocolate fudge in Mcdo and also fries!” She excitedly stated that

“oh okay let’s go get it then”

While eating I can see unnie is like a child she enjoys simple things she’s not a high maintenance like what the rumors are circling around. In conclusion I enjoyed this unplanned hangout with unnie wish we can do it again.

Its already evening and we didn’t even notice it so we hurried to go to bus stop, we have the same bus but my house is farther and its chilly night so unnie ask if she can borrow my hoodie since I’m not that cold so I give it to her. While in the bus other people are staring at her because of her beauty others have envious stare. Nearing to her stop I thought she will give my hoodie back but I’m wrong she brought it with her and when she got off she texted me that the hoodie will be hers from now on, such a weird unnie I got here why is she my role model again? I ask myself.

-

After the hangout me and unnie got closer and we sometime call each other till 4am in weekends. We talked a lot of things for example she usually hikes for community service and she met many people along the way and she ask me if I want to join her next time and which church she usually goes. Irene unnie is REALLY talkative she’s always the one who shares stories between the two of us.

Since she’s a graduating student I try not to bother her but while preparing for our play I got sick and had a fever my friends and classmates ask me not to do props after all I’m in charge of that so I just sit in the corner and unnie texted me and I told her I have a mild fever and its nothing serious but to my surprise unnie went to my classroom and look for me, I instantly went to her and she gave me a bread, orange juice and a medicine. When she went out my entire classmates stare is in me. How can I explain this situation without having misunderstanding of our relationship?