Talk

Beautiful Scars

2013

I’m a second year high school 14 years old and my name is Wendy Son. My life is kinda boring, studying for the sake of my parents, go home and study again. Until I met her and this is the story of my life.

-

As usual I’m running late again my class starts at 7:30 and its 7:45 already but who cares at least I attend class. Slowly sneaking at the back door while my teacher is writing something on the board. Saejeong my beast friend yup “beast” cause she’s scary.

“Yah Wendy late again” Saejeong snickers behind me after I seated without the teacher knowing.

“Yeah my alarm didn’t wake me up” I replied while taking out the books and writing some notes because “I’m a good student”.

*

Lunch is still the same me, Saejeong and Chanyeol are eating in the canteen while some seniors are making some scene and making so much noise. I don’t like noises so I excuse myself to go back in the room to catch some sleep.

I usually sleep during those boring classes that I have so when my teacher’s voice bombarded my ear because some students are there to present their plan in running for the student council I immediately stood up without opening my eyes.

And when I opened my eyes someone is staring straight at me. Feeling the judgement I chase away the sleepiness in my body.

While presenting their idea I didn’t notice I’m only looking at one particular person and that person is also looking-errr-glaring at me.

She is standing with a dictator aura surrounding her and when she introduces herself I zoned out I only catch that she is running for chairwoman.

After the introduction of the running officers the lesson continues, “this subject is so boring” I said to no one. The teacher is not competent to teach he’s only reading the book without explaining the meaning of the terms he’s teaching so most of the time I sleep in he’s class.

“Wendy are you even listening to our lesson you are starring at nothing for half an hour now” Saejeong says. I just shrugged it off and tried to actually listen.

-

Days have past and the running chairwoman and her subordinates are in my room again to campaign “again” and now I catch the name of the chairwoman and her name is Irene Bae. And she’s looking-errr-glaring at me again.

After I got home I tried looking for my mom but she’s not here so I’m alone again nothing new. I opened my books trying to study but the chairwoman is in my mind again so I open my laptop and search for her in facebook and bingo I found her facebook and added her immediately. After an hour of studying and memorizing the periodic table I check my facebook and to my surprise Irene Bae accepted my friend request, so I chatted her thanking her for accepting my request because I usually do that to everyone then I turned off my laptop and sleep.

-

School foundation is nearing and my best friend Chanyeol signs my name for volleyball girls and he just informed me now. “Are you out of your mind?!! Did you know that my mom will never agree with this because she wants me to focus on studying!” I said to Chan.

“But Wends it’s only for foundation day you’re not an actual player in our school chill out.” Chan said.

“But Chan you know my mom will kick your if she know you’re the one who signed up my name”

I actually played volleyball in my elementary days my position is libero and I’m good at it while Chan is also a volleyball player and he’s a spiker and sometimes our team while have a friendly match and that is the time Chan and I got close and until now we’re still best friend. And that is the reason why he’s still pushing me to play even though I quitted playing when high school starts to focus more on studying.

“Okay Chan okay but don’t tell my mom or both of us will be killed. Okay?”

“Yes!!! I will not tell it to your mom duhh she’s scary” Chan said while rolling his eyes, I’m giggling because he’s doing a victory dance and when Saejeong came I told her what happened and I can’t help but to laugh because Saejeong almost vomit since Chan is still dancing.

-

I’m not into social media that’s why I seldom check my facebook so days after the message that I sent to Irene she actually responded minutes after that so I’m kinda embarrassed because I let my senior wait for my reply, I quickly responded to her message.

“Hello! Thank you for adding me, you’re a student in ICC Foundation right?”

“Uhh yeah I’m a sophomore, I’m Wendy nice to chat you” I type awkwardly

“Well I’m Irene a senior”

That’s the start of our conversation….