006 (special)

what i could've done

Mashiho didn’t know what to do. He watched as Junkyu silently headed for the door. Everything in him wanted to chase after him, but by the time he finally gained the balls, Hyunsuk was out of the classroom as well.

He knows he ed up. He knew his friends were going too far, dragging this out longer than it should’ve been. Mashiho was going to try to apologize, but before he could get a word out Junkyu was gone. While he could admit he wasn’t much better than the rest of his friends, seeing how hurt Junkyu was, whether he knew it was noticeable or not, hurt him back.

 

Hyunsuk comes back a few minutes later, looking defeated. He glares in Mashiho’s direction before sitting down at his seat, eyes glued to his phone.

.

 

Mahsiho was fuming on his way to lunch. He heads straight for his table, almost knocking a few kids over in the process. As soon as he makes eye contact with Haruto, he goes off. He hadn’t even sat down yet.

“Haruto! You need to ing stop. Same with the rest of you! We just got to this school, why are we starting ?” He spoke in Japanese in an attempt to keep the fight ‘contained’, but the echoing of his voice across the room was impossible to not hear.

Most of the lunchroom stopped to stare for a few seconds, but when his friends just stared at him in awe, the other students went back to their own conversations.

After a few moments of awkward staring, Yoshi spoke up at a normal tone, “What are you talking about..? And please, sit down. People are staring.”

Mashiho doesn’t move.

“The endless ting on that guy. Junkyu? It’s excessive at this point.”

This time Haruto opened his mouth, “What crawled up your , Mashiho? You were laughing when it happened, why are you so bothered now?”

“It’s gone on too long. He left in the middle of class today because of it, we’re ing traumatizing him!” His voice starts to rise again and they all motion for him to sit down and be quiet.

This time, Mashiho sits, but the angry expression on his face remains.

“I still don't get it,” Haruto says.

“Haruto! You’re the main problem! I tried to apologize to him today and he looked so hurt I called him Kyu! How did you manage to do that much damage?” The last part hits Haruto like a truck.

He stares at Mashiho in awe, not able to manage a response. Their whole table is quiet, everyone's eyes darting around nervously.

“I’ll stop yelling, but please stop guys,” Mashiho finalizes. Everyone nods and looks down at their food, scared to talk.

Mashiho looks over to the table where Junkyu typically sits. Hyunsuk is still looking at this phone.

“...still no response. Should I go to his house?” Mashiho tunes into their conversation.

The boy next to Hyunsuk, Mashiho couldn’t remember his name, shakes his head, “He needs space, probably, just leave him be.”

Mashiho focuses back down at his food. There was light conversation at his table now, but he had no interest.

 

He needed to talk to Junkyu.