Chapter 6

My Hamster Named Wendy

Irene put her last finger down and cheered proudly. "I like you, Son Seungwan."

"Yay, got all ten. Isn't that great, Seungwan-ah?"

The short-haired girl froze in her spot. Surely Irene wasn't saying that in the way she wished she would, right?

"You...you like me? Irene unnie?"

Irene nodded her head cutely and held onto Seungwan's hands while leaning in closer. "Yes. A lot."

Seungwan's face burned at the proximity again, but tried to shake it off. "A-a lot? But like...as a friend you mean, right? That's what you mean?"

"Hm...No."

The pair just stared at each other in silence. After a few quick blinks the blonde-haired girl was the first to react.

"Unnie, I think you're really too drunk. Let's get up first and get you something else to drink to refresh you." Seungwan tried to move Irene off of her again, but the girl dropped her entire weight down and planted herself firmly against the younger.

"No. I am too cold to get up."

Seungwan huffed at the older girl's stubborness. "Ack! We can go get you a blanket. Or I can help you to your room. Then you won't be cold anymore."

"No no, you are warm enough for me." Irene rested her head against Seungwan's chest and then giggled softly. "Your heart is very loud."

Obviously! Seungwan's mind screamed. 

"Let's just go to sleep, Seungwan-ah. I'm tired." The older girl shut her eyes and fell asleep instantly, leaving Seungwan to continue to mentally panic. 

She had probably laid there still and stiff as a board for a good 15 minutes, when she heard a bedroom door finally creak open. With loud yawns, Sooyoung and Seulgi both appeared back in the living room.

As they rounded the corner, Sooyoung noticed the cuddly position the two were in, and laughed at Seungwan's confused and flushed face.

"Oh gosh, please you guys not in front of Wendy. She's still a baby you know." The tall girl pretended to block her hamster's view of the outward public display of affection happening on the couch.

Seulgi crossed her arms with an impressed smile. "Wow Wannie, and I thought Sooyoung and I moved quickly."

Seungwan whined at their teasing. "Ugh, guys please. It's not like that! She just fell asleep on me and, and now I don't know what to do."  

Sooyoung shrugged her shoulders. "Just stay there until she wakes up. I don't mind you guys sleeping over if you guys want to." She strut back over to Seulgi and leaned against her while holding her arm, batting her pretty eyelashes. "Seulgi has to sleep in my room though."

The lovestruck bear just nodded dumbly, letting out a low, cave-man like grunt.

"Good! We can clean up a little around here then before we head back inside. Unnie will wake up soon enough. Just give her another half hour." Both Sooyoung and Seulgi started to clean up the living room, recycling their beer cans and throwing away any extra trash.

Seungwan heard a soft "Fighting!" from Seulgi, before the door to Sooyoung's room closed shut again.

The blonde let out a little huff. She looked down her body again and saw that Irene was sitll fast asleep, head rested on her chest and arms around her waist. Seungwan wasn't sure where to put her hands, so she just kept them down at her sides. 

At some point while she waited for Irene to wake up, she too had accidentally fallen asleep and followed the older girl to dreamland.

---

Feeling the warm rays of morning crack through the blinds, Irene turned her face the other way.

She wondered when her bed became so fluffy and soft. And tried to remember what kind of laundry detergent scent she used to wash her sheets because the smell was just really darn good.

She held on tighter and snuggled further, letting the sound of the gentle heartbeat lull her back to sleep. 

A few seconds passed when Irene at last shot her eyes wide open. 

Wait. A heartbeat? 

She turned her head and finally looked at what she was holding onto. There under her was Seungwan, peacefully sleeping with her lips slightly ajar. 

Am I still dreaming? What happened? 

Seeing as the sun was up, it was already morning. But last she remembered, she was just watching movies with all the girls on the couch.

Meaning, at some point last night, she fell asleep in the living room.

On top of...Seungwan?

She tried to remember what happened. They were in the middle of the movie, she took a sip of some of the beer that she didn't really like, and just kept drinking it. Because obviously Seungwan brought it for them, so she wanted to match the younger girl's taste.

Eventually though Sooyoung got fed up with her for rambling randomly during the movie, causing her can to get confiscated before she could even finish it. 

And then what? Irene reached to touch her head, feeling it throb from all her thinking. 

As she tried to massage the pain away, Seungwan's arms suddenly came up around her lower back and held her close. She started to feel hot all over from all the skinship, but equally enjoyed the warmth that Seungwan brought with her natural body heat.

Being able to hear that familiar steady heartbeat again, suddenlly all the embarrassing things she said and did towards Seungwan last night hit her like a speeding truck. 

"I like you, Son Seungwan."

"Oh !" Irene covered realizing she said it out loud.

Due to the noise, Seungwan stirred awake with a groan. 

"Hmm...what? Irene unnie? Am I dreaming?" The younger girl blinked tiredly at Irene, who was still lying on top of her. "Oh unnie! You're awake now! Are you okay?"

Seungwan was so distracted by her sense of concern that she failed to register the intimate position they were still in. Irene on the other hand did not want the moment to end.

"U-um I...yes, I'm okay. My head hurts a little but...other than that I'm fine." 

The blonde let out a sigh of relief and touched her own forehead, before absentmindedly bringing her hand back to Irene's waist. That gentle touch of her fingers on the exposed skin there, immediately reminded them of the position they were currently in. Seungwan widened her eyes and pushed her and Irene up, allowing the both of them some room to sit properly on the couch.

A few seconds passed with them sitting stiffly and looking away from each other, before the younger girl decided to ease the awkwardness and return them to their original conversation.

"T-That's good to hear! I'm so sorry, I uh, didn't know that your alcohol tolerance was that low."

Irene finally turned to look back at Seungwan. "No no, I was the one who accepted it! I went over my own limit knowing I shouldn't have so that was my own fault." 

"But I still feel like I should have stopped you sooner..." The blonde pouted until she was suddenly reminded of all the funny things Irene had said to her, and started chuckling. "Ah, Sooyoung was right though, you really are a funny and loopy kind of drunk."

This time it was Irene's turn to pout. She crossed her arms, annoyed and embarrassed by the teasing. 

"Yah, don't go making fun of me too. I already hear it often enough from that spawn of satan. I can't believe she told you that." 

"She was so accurate though! You talked so much and kept answering all my questions with yes or no. Oh! And then you started saying some silly things like how you..." Seungwan paused suddenly when realized what she was about to say, worried if bringing it up will make Irene think she's weird for taking it seriously.

And, of course, Irene also knew exactly where Seungwan's sentence had trailed off. She just didn't think the younger girl would actually remember the confession, or that the topic would spring up on her so soon like this. 

She didn't even get a chance to seek Sooyoung-, no scratch that, Wendy, for more advice on this yet!

But well Irene, it's now or never. If drunk me had the courage to admit it, sober me isn't going to back down either. We can do this. This time I'll step forward.

Irene internally nodded to herself and took in a little breath. Finally, she turned back to the other girl to face her.

"Yes, Seungwan? Like how I what?"

Seungwan scratched her chin nervously, averting eye contact. "Um...you uh...mentioned something..."

Her voice grew softer towards the end, causing Irene to lean in close to hear better. "I mentioned something..?"

Due to her nerves, Seungwan abruptly sat up to create space between them. "Yeah actually you know what, it wasn't that important really! We can just forget about it. Hey, where did Seulgi and Sooyoung go-"

As she tried to turn the corner and walk away from the couch, she was stopped by Irene's firm but soft grip on her arm.

Seungwan turned her head slightly to look at the other girl.

"Unnie?"

Irene blushed a deep red at her action, but instead of letting go, held on even more tightly.

"Wait I...I have something else I need to say to you, Seungwan-ah."

---

AN: Long time no see :) just a short little update cause I think I plan to end this story probably by the next chapter. Sorry if I'm a little rusty in my writing. I might try to update my other stories soon while I'm at it, so be on the lookout for those too.

Stay safe everyone