Epilogue

Jeepney Rapper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The mode of transportation was still jeepneys and in addition to the chaos there were “habal-habals”, motorcycles that carry one passenger at a time. It was hot and humid and Yongsun was at her wit’s end already regretting not taking a taxi to get to her destination. She wanted to experience the local transportation to complete her travels but the suffering was ridiculous. Wiping the sweat off of her forehead she tried to zone out. 

 

   Her zoning out was interrupted by some boys singing and rapping. Some things just never change. She pulled out her phone to record the boys. They were very good. 

 

   “Palihug pliti.” A passenger waved some paper bills at her. She knew better. She took the folded bills and passed it on to another passenger who passed it on to another passenger until it reached the “conductor” who collects all the fare or the pliti. 

 

   It had been 7 years from her last visit. She learned a lot of local customs from that trip in Cebu. It was a memorable trip. One of the turning points in her life happened in Cebu. 

 

   She never quite finished her flight attendant education. Instead she took hospitality management. She worked for several hotels after graduation all the while developing her own tiny bed and breakfast near a folk village in Seoul. She would give tours to tourists and locals alike and had given them an authentic Seoul experience each time. 

 

   From the start of her chosen career til that moment, she had worked non stop. The drive to be a known B&B spurred her on. And she finally achieved that dream. In 4 years her business gained recognition as one of the fun travelers nook in Seoul if not the whole South Korea. After all the blood, sweat, and tears that she’d shed to be successful in the last 7 yrs; the SouthEast Asia tour was her reward to herself. 

 

   After Cebu, she had plans to go to Siargao and experience surfing there. She had surfed in Jeju but the water there was cold. Surfing in warm water would be a whole different experience. After that she’s off to Palawan. Still after that there would be Bali, then Vietnam, and finally Cambodia. The whole trip experience would be added to her Youtube vlog. 

 

   The secret to her B&B’s fame was mostly because of her Youtube channel. It showcased the funny and amazing tours that she had with her clients. The channel also showed her daily life in the B&B. People loved the uniqueness of her life and her genuine self hence they flocked to her homestay. 

 

   She did good at life if she may say so herself. 





 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter