Introduction: Amber J. Liu

A Portrait of Happiness

00:18.

Has sold more than 138 million dollars of record sales, making her one of the world’s best-selling artists of the generation.

00:17.

In eight years, she has amassed 30 US iTunes Top 100 hits, including seven Number 1s in charts.

00:16.

Her debut studio album “Beautiful” has accumulated a whopping $3,336,000 total sales.

00:15.

Has won numerous awards, including 2 Grammy Awards, 10 American Music Awards, 16 Billboard Music Awards, 2 Brit Awards, 9 MTV Europe Music Awards, 4 MTV Video Music Awards and MBC Entertainment Awards’ Best Female Newcomer Award.

00:14.

Released in 2015, her second studio album “Rogue Rouge” turned out to be her most commercially successful album, securing two positions in Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles: “Closed Doors”, “Right Now”.

00:13.

In 2015, became the first artist to surpass 5 billion total video views on Vevo.

00:12.

TIME Magazine included her name in the magazine’s edition of the 100 Most Influential People of 2016 list.

00:11.

Has 20 Platinum Record Plaques and 8 Gold Certifications under her name as certified by the RIAA, MC, BPI, ARIA, and RMNZ.

00:10.

Has had sold-out concert tours and World Tours across North America, Latin America, Asia, Europe, Africa and Oceania. 

00:09.

In her recent “Gone Rogue” World Tour, the generated revenue skyrocketed to $138,264,545 and 1,894,265 total seats in attendance.

00:08.

Has collaboration projects with fellow Asian Artists and American Artists, especially artists with powerhouse vocals such as LUNA, TAEYEON, Ailee, Gen Neo, Shannon, Megan Lee, Travis Atreo, FYKE, Henry Lau, James Lee, KSuke, Justin Park, Sam Barsh, Danson Tang, LDN Noise, Superfruit, and R3HAB.

00:07.

Released in 2019, her third studio album entitled “X” entered and crowned the Billboard 200 for months.

00:06.

She established the famous AJOL Records, a subsidiary of Steel Wool Entertainment, as her own record-producing label that also dabbles in Film Directing projects.

*VCR starts rolling*

00:05.

“BEAUTIFUL” WORLD TOUR taught us that self-worth is key.

00:04.

“GONE ROGUE” WORLD TOUR reassured us that there is strength in independence.

00:03.

Now, the COUNTDOWN is over. Remember…

00:02.

“X” MARKS THE SPOT.

 

*VCR stops rolling*

Audience's POV

The arena went absolute blackout. Illuminations only came from flash photography and handheld cameras. Blinding lights were everywhere. Heck, squinting was not even an option.

 

Cheering crowds were shouting one single word. ONE SINGLE WORD.

 

“…BER!” “…MBER!” “…MBER!”

Even if you try listening properly, good luck with that. It’s physically impossible, pointless even. Waves of screams and voices effectively drowned the entire venue. Mad crazy, I tell you. Mad crazy!

 

A strong gust of smoke flew off the main stage. Loads of stage lights blasted from the edge of the mid-stage.

Slowly, the concert music score began playing subtly in the background. Hundreds and thousands of fans squealing over one prominent individual. It was deafening!

 

Finally, the brightest spotlight beamed at the top-most center stage. A silhouette was seen standing erectly at the top. Then the spotlight suddenly disappeared.

Stage pyro effects were shot upward one by one, as if fireworks and comets swooshed up in the air.

Like a blazing fireball, somebody was launched from the platform.

 

...it’s her. She’s here!

 

The sound system played the opening song. Wait a minute… I know this song! Thick groovy pop and heavy jazz percussions blared across the arena. Reverberations were all over the place. Everybody was roaring her name.

 

 

You got me curious (curious)

“LET’S GO, L.A!”  

Every time you move, that look mysterious (mysterious)

And I enjoy the view

 

There she was, oozing with confidence and suave. She’s dripping with charisma.

 

Let's make it serious (serious)

We can't let this be

“STAPLES CENTER, LET’S HEAR YOUR VOICE!”

Take it any way you like, let's take a dive

Take the leap, I'll follow you

 

The adrenaline was rushing in.

 

Put your hands here, pull me through

Keep this way down at the waist, there's no time to wait*

 

I can hear my own heart beating erratically.

 

Take the thoughts and let it go

Feel the rhythm, let it flow

Baby, I just want a taste

We can dance away

“L.A, SING IT WITH ME!”

 

She marched to all corners of the stage, while waving to and shaking hands with those fans at close proximity. Singing to each and every one of them with her voice.

 

You are the feeling that I can't avoid

Let's break the silence, time to make some noise

“you're fascinatin', L.A I want more!”

So feed my curiosity

Show me what you got for me, yeah

 

Her fleet of dancers were energetic as hell! Staples Center became a dance club overnight. 20,000 people were jumping, screaming, singing, and dancing all at once!

 

“Hands up, let me hear you sing it, L.A!”

 

Show me what you got for me

Show me what you got for me

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Show me what you got for me

Show me what you got for me

End of Audience's POV

 

 

 

[BREAKING NEWS: “X” World Tour has officially ended. The last show, held at the STAPLES Center, went on for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Non-stop. Once again, it was a blood-rushing sold-out concert show! STAPLES Center was the last stop for “X” World Tour with over 50 tour stops. Congratulations, what an outstanding performance by the Global Pop Sensation and the over-all production of Steel Wool Entertainment!]

 

 

 

So I presume, you already know who I am.

 

The record sales, millions of dollars from Concert Revenues, Platinum awards and certifications, collaboration projects, sold-out World Tours, and music production… name it, I have it. I bet they could even speak for me.

But, where’s the fun in that? My record-breaking sales, fame, and even millions of dollars are not me. They’re a chunk of me. I’m a complete human person here. You see my point?

 

Allow me to introduce myself, the name’s Amber J. Liu. I am a Music Artist and currently living my 24th year of existence. Life’s good.

 

I appreciate you coming to the Show earlier. Glad you got to experience the extraordinary.

 

By the way, pardon me for responding in short sentences, I am still a bit exhausted.

But, you know what? It’s a worthwhile opportunity to see and meet fans and get up close with them. They’re the prime reason why I’m still standing here. My fans are the extension of my family.

That’s why, as much as possible I want to walk into this journey with them. I always make sure to give each show a personal experience for them.

 

As for the family background, I am quite positive that you researched about me ahead of time since the information about my life is practically considered as public record already.

Nevertheless, let me fill in some details.

I was born and raised here in Los Angeles, California. Both of my parents were immigrants from Taiwan, they moved here in the States after they got married. They later on had two awesome kids, Jackie, my sister, and of course, me.

Early on, I’ve had an idea how difficult it must have been for my parents to start life anew in a totally different environment with diverse set of cultures. But until now, that remains to be an idea, because I will never understand even half of the struggles and challenges that they had gone through.

Jackie, my sister, lives in Denver, Colorado right now. She started flight training a year ago, but damn… When we spoke to each other recently, she told me she’s going to be the one teaching general aviation. She’s always been like that, always craving for adventure. The urge for exploration flows in her bloodstream.

Meanwhile, I had music in mine.

 

I’ve been in the music scene since I was 8 years old. I really liked singing, dancing and performing in front of a crowd, I live for it. It was something I have always wanted to do as a kid. I remember singing to the songs of Linkin Park, Panic! At The Disco, Blink 182, and R&B Artists such as Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey, Justin Timberlake, Michael Jackson and Beyoncé. They’re my musical inspirations.

One day, after performing at a local talent show in Downtown LA I got scouted by my talent manager, John Kim. I was signed to Steel Wool Entertainment at the age of 16 years old.

But the contract signing was not a smooth and silky process, I remember Dad having second thoughts about it because I was still in high school that time. Back then, he specifically emphasized that he will only allow me to sign contracts with the record label if I maintain my high grades.

Luckily, I’m his daughter. I am smart. I inherited his intelligence and Mom’s empathy.

So, it got official. In the contract it stated, “Signed artist of the Steel Wool Entertainment”. That was the first step of achieving my dreams.

Soon, I started releasing my own music and making a name for myself.

My debut studio album was entitled “Beautiful” and it had five tracks in total. It was surreal. I couldn’t fathom the reality that I was seeing my name and face all over the internet with my very own eyes. TV programs across USA were promptly booking their appointments at my record label, Steel Wool. They wanted to get a hold of the up-and-coming Worldwide Sensation, as Manager John Kim repeatedly told me.

Almost simultaneously, popular American music artists that time kept on inviting me over to their record labels to produce a track with the rising fresh artist, Amber J. Liu.

The rise to the top was a bliss. There were instances wherein I could no longer rest or sleep a wink because I was writing, recording and producing songs with my production team. To the point that Mom and Dad visited my label one day and personally ordered me to take a five-hour sleep. Yes, “ordered” terrifying, right?

After that much needed rest which of course I was gratefulthey sat me down to talk. They pointed out that at the expense of reaching my dreams, I was unconsciously neglecting my health and well-being.

They were right.

Stardom has its blessings and its curse. The upside, of course, I was having the time of my life. Downside, however, is that privacy isn’t so much of a thing now. Or that if it exists.

I remember not being able to walk to my tour bus in peace because herds of fans were charging towards me and my team. Thankfully, the bodyguards were there. Take note though, it was not a single experience. It’s now part of the routine. At the end of the day, I reminded my bodyguards not to hurt anybody. Everyone’s safety is one of our top-most priorities.

With great reassurance, I told Mom and Dad that I was fine. That I would try harder to take a rest from time to time. Love calls for the necessity of sacrifice, y’know? I could not help it, it’s definitely fulfilling whenever you’re doing something you love.

 

In my case, I picture it standing in front of a crowd while holding a microphone, serenading my fans to my heart’s content. That, I think, is my definition of love.

Oh what about romantic love? Yes, I had been in love. I even wrote and composed songs for somebody, but we did not last. Sad reality in life, isn’t it? Despite that, I’m alright. It is part of life.

 

My sole focus right now is to improve as a Music Artist and put out new songs to share with my fans. Two of my main goals are to sell out concert tickets in the legendary Madison Square Garden in New York City and to release more albums under my name.

I can and I will. I’ll make it happen. I’m not a Worldwide Sensation for nothing. *winks*

 

One final note, though. I’ll just put it this way, I am not closing the doors for love. In fact, I might even open the door as wide as I could. But until that certain somebody comes into my life, music is my priority.

 

Who knows, maybe you’ve met that person by now...


Everyone, meet the Amber J. Liu.  A Global Pop Sensation. She has captured hearts across the world because of her talent and charisma, but what will happen if a certain someone captures hers? 

Let me know what you think. By the way, stay safe. Wash hands and stay hydrated.

'Til the next update, peace out.