Chapter Three

A Portrait of Happiness

“And that’s a wrap!” The Director announced to the entire crew.

Everybody started clapping while two individuals started bowing. Then there were loud exchanges of “You’ve done well!” “Thanks! You, too!” “Thank you for working hard, everyone!”

 

 

 

 

“Let’s give a round of applause for the one and only Kim Taeyeon!”

 

 

“Thank you, Dean. Have a safe trip back to Seoul!”

 

 

 

TAEYEON’s POV

 

 

“I’ll see you during promotions, Dean. Thank you for your hardwork!” I greeted his staffs also, all of them did a great job.

 

“Thank you so much, noona! Take care, too. See you real soon!” He said and then bowed to me before bidding his goodbye.

 

 

 

We're in Santa Monica, California right now, and we just finished filming something.

Oh… you’re curious about it, huh? Don’t worry.

 

 

 

Let’s just say, it’s for me to keep and for you to find out.  

 

 

 

“KIM TAEYEON!”

 

“NOONA, I LOVE YOU!”

 

“KIM TAEYEON!”

 

“UNNIE, ALWAYS TAKE CARE!”

 

 

“KIM TAEYEON!”

 

 

 

Omo… I’m in the other side of the globe, yet the fans, SONEs…. They’re everywhere!

 

 

 

I smiled and happily waved back at them. “All of you, stay safe. Arasso?! I’ve got something for you soon!”

 

 

 

 

“Hi, Manager. When’s our flight back to Seoul? Do I still have free time?” I asked my manager after congratulating everyone for a job well done. We’re now inside my van.

Manager oppa was sitting two seats away from me when he answered, “According to our schedule, you still have one free day before flying back to South Korea. It’s for rest day though. Why’d you ask?”

 

 

“Nothing serious. I just wanted to know. Thank you, Manager oppa.”

 

It was really nothing though. I’m glad I still have an entire day here.

 

 

 

 

I could use some time for myself… to think.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ugh. Is it morning already? The alarm went off five minutes ago. 

 

 

What’s that noise?

Sigh. I forgot to turn off the television last night.

 

 

 

 

Oh… good thing, it’s just the morning news.

 

I checked my phone. There was a text message.

 

 

 

From Manager oppa:

“Did you sleep well? Stay in for today, okay? Just a reminder though, by 9 o’ clock tomorrow morning, we’ll pick you up before heading to the airport. Be safe, Taeng.”  

[Sent at 7:05am, Saturday]

 

 

 

 

Oh right, yes. Sleep.

 

 

It’s been months since I had vague dreams about a particular woman. I haven’t met the person before but she’s always recurring in my dreams.

 

I anticipated each night in hopes of getting a clearer idea who this woman might be. No matter what I do, I always get the same results. She’s around my age, I’m sure she sounded like one. She spoke in a foreign language, some words I could make sense of, and some of which, I couldn’t.

 

 

Her voice… her voice was high-pitched, sweet and definitely silky.

 

She had this flair of delicate grace.

 

In my dreams, she was always laughing heartily. I am greatly hypnotized by her laughs.

 

 

All of this, I can remember vividly, except for one important detail….

 

 

 

 

 

Her face… it was rather blurry.

 

 

 

Because of my work as a Music Artist, there were times when sleep was not even an option. Countless hours of rehearsals, recordings and preparation time for each performance.

 

I was hoping that today could be the day I meet her again. Even if it means just inside my dreams.

 

 

 

 

 

Who are you?

 

 

 

I want to sort this out soon. I need to sort this out.

 

I have to. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I need to regain my focus. The Met Gala is in less than two weeks.

 

 

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

 

“Hi, Mom and Dad. Is there anything I could help you with? Hold on, I’ll just finish signing these documents.” I smiled at them before returning to what I was doing. Ms. Cho ushered them in around three minutes ago.

 

I handed the prospect documents to Ms. Cho afterwards. They were the proposals for this year’s art exhibition of the Jung Corporation, nothing is set in stone yet. But I’m looking forward to this year’s theme.

 

 

 

“Hello, my dear. How are you? We wanted to check on you before you and Jessica leave and fly out this weekend for New York.”

“Oh, is that so? Thank you so much, Mom. And you, too, Dad. I believe I have packed everything I’ll ever need in New York. Unnie said that Blanc will send out the gowns to the Blanc & Eclare flagship store on Sunday.”

 

“How about the accommodation? Is it settled?” “Yes, Dad. I’ll make sure to send you an update once the plane lands. Another one when we arrive at the hotel.”

 

"I have a question, dear. Don't you think you need bodyguards? I could assign some for you, all you have to do is ask, okay?" "Dad, thank you for the concern. I appreciate the gesture, but I just turned 23 years old last October. I think we're going to be all right. No need for bodyguard assignments. Besides, I have Jessica unnie with me. I quite positive that her bodyguards are on-duty as well, they would look out for the both of us." 

 

They both nodded and then hugged me. 

 

“All right, you two have fun, okay? We love and trust you, Soojung. We’ll take our leave now.” “Thank you, Mom and Dad.”

 

I love my parents. They want nothing but the best for me. So I understand why they wanted to triple-check and conduct a quick run-down on everything.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ms. Cho, thank you for escorting my parents out. While unnie and I are away, you could take your vacation as well. The corporation will oversee the procedures from here, so feel free to unwind. Though I might send some inquiries about the art proposals, I apologize in advance.” I chuckled. “Yes, I understand, Ms. Jung. Thank you.” Ms. Cho then left the room.

 

 

It is my lifelong dream to ever visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It’s one of the museums I highly regarded of as an art major, specifically majored in Painting, before in Seoul National University. And I have always wondered when the time will come.

 

 

 

 

And at last, the long wait is over! My younger self would be so proud and excited… well, she should... because I am!

 

We’re now a week of sleep away!

 

 

 

I will set foot in the Metropolitan Museum of Art! Not only as an art aficionado, but a representative for Blanc & Eclare in the Met Gala 2021!

Oh my, I don’t know if I could even contain myself once I get there. The series of magnum opus by the renowned artists all over the globe, finally, I’ll be able to lay my eyes upon them up close and personal.  

 

 

 

 

 

I am well-aware that Jessica unnie and I will meet a lot of people in the event. Ranging from global celebrities, A-list models, public personalities, and all other important people invited to the most exclusive party invitation in America.

 

That might have piqued my interests, but my heart and soul are focused solely to the very fact that I get to visit the Met.

 

 

 

 

 

Metropolitan Museum of Art, wait for me!

 


HOW ARE YOU? Are y'all safe and sound?

I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to unravel the eventful days of our characters in the following chapters. Here's a short chapter for now, I've got something for you this week. *winks* Tune in, so you'd see!
We're only a week away from the chaos! 



Always remember to wash your hands, and stay hydrated, alright? Support SongQian's "VICTORIA" album and current dramas, Amber's "X" album and twitch stuff, Luna's magazine shoots and upcoming album, and Krystal's latest OCN military-thriller drama "Search" coming this October 2020! Don't forget to support and stream Sulli's special album "Goblin"! 

Peace out! Let me know what y'all think.