Fate

Spring Breeze

It’s another busy day for Tzuyu. Working as a Surgical Residence now is a whole new level of taxing. All the rounds, clinic sessions and surgeries are enough to make her feel like dying. But above all, she cannot complain since this is the path she chose and she loves what she’s doing. 

 

Tzuyu moved to Taiwan when she was still in high school following both her parents decision to stay there after years of living in Seoul, her father’s hometown. At first she felt reluctant because she’s already used to Seoul and she has friends there. But as time goes by she’s adapted to Taiwan and her life was going smoothly. 

 

Just about last year her family moved back to Seoul as her father was offered a higher position in a bigger hospital in Seoul. Hence Tzuyu decided to continue her residency in Seoul, athough at a different hospital from both her parents’.

 

🌱

 

Tzuyu quickly changes her scrub attire to her casual clothes. She has a family dinner at a French restaurant near Incheon area. Wearing just a simple white blouse and jeans and only a thin layer of lipgloss on her lips with her black hair untied, she drives to the set place.

 

The French restaurant is owned by her father’s friend. It is just a small restaurant located at a non popular street in Incheon. Not many people know about this place which is a plus since it offers more privacy. And the foods are top notch though. The last time Tzuyu went there is 6 months ago. She still remembers how delicious the seafood pasta she had back then. And that makes her salivates even more since she’s starved the whole day.

 

‘We are already inside. Just go to room 2.’

 

Tzuyu reads the message her mother sent. The restaurant has multiple private rooms for dining. Not everyone can dine in the private rooms as the owner loves to keep them exclusive but since her father knows the owner, they easily get one.

 

After thanking the front door staff who shows her the direction, Tzuyu climbs the stairs to the second floor to where the room is located. 

 

The stairs are quite narrow that one needs to gives way to the other person coming down from the opposite direction if both are using the stairs at the same time. 

 

Just when Tzuyu walking up, she bumps her shoulder with a man, all dressed in black, with a bucket hat on his head and face mask, totally covering his entire body. The only thing Tzuyu can see is his eyes. His round eyes.

 

“im sorry. i didn’t see you there” Tzuyu apologised quickly.

 

The man in return just stared at Tzuyu with his unreadable eyes and she cant fathom what he’s thinking as he doesn’t even say a word. He’s only staring.

 

🌱

“Hey i heard someone said they see one of the BTS members here.”

 

A female customer in her 20s talking to her friend at the end of the stairs not far from where Tzuyu and the man stand. Upon hearing this, the man in black quickly rushes to the end of the stairs before disappears into the door. Leaving Tzuyu’s apology without reply.

 

‘Maybe he also had a bad day’ Tzuyu assumes before she makes her feel way to the upper floor to where her parents are waiting for her.

 

🌱

Jungkook is beyond tired right now after finishing his magazine photoshoot in the evening but his best friend Jungwoon who was his neighbour when they were high schoolers asked to meet him at this French restaurant as he’s moving to Japan soon as his company relocated him there. It’s been a while since they met. Although Jungkook is super exhausted but he couldn’t wait to meet Jungwoon, his funny and crazy friend.

 

The meeting with Jungwoon is so good and Jungkook is glad that they met. Jungwoon makes him feels like he’s a regular Korean guy and not a superstar. They talk about Jungwoon’s worry on moving to Japan, his new cat, his plan to get married next year to his long time girlfriend and their friends from their old neighborhood. Not even a word about Jungkook’s celebrity life and he loves that. But his happy moment with Jungwoon is disturbed when his manager who is waiting for him in the car says he spotted few sasaengs near the restaurant. 

 

Being a top idol who is basically a superstar in both Korea and globally, life is great but at the same time not so great for Jungkook. With all the fame and money come with it, his superstar status also costs him his privacy. Don’t misunderstand him because he loves his fans more than anything but some ‘fans’ just go overboard with showing their love to him like right now.

 

“Sorry Jungwoon. I have to go. Some fans followed me here.” Jungkook feels so apologetic. 

 

“Oh god really? Then you should go quickly or else it’ll be hard for you” Says Jungwoon in worry.

 

“Im sorry man. I promise you i’ll visit you if im in Japan” Jungkook promises before he puts on his bucket hat and face mask ready to go out.

 

“Good luck in Japan and dont forget me” Jungkook jokes trying to lighten the mood.

 

“Just go. This crazy kid” Jungwoon lightly pushes Jungkook to the door because as much as he wants to spend more time with Jungkook, he’s also worried about his safety.

 

🌱

Jungkook quickly walks to the stairs, the infamous narrow stairs. He mentally curses the person who built the building this way. His sasaengs probably lurking around in the restaurant already. He prays hard that is not the case though.

 

He quickly walks down the stairs when he bumps his shoulder to another person whom he didn’t notice walking up earlier. 

 

“Im sorry. I didn’t see you there”

 

Jungkook heard a woman’s voice. A strawberry scent fills his nose, a fairly faint familiar scent. And like the clock has stopped, the world stops moving and even his heart stops beating, if that’s even possible, Jungkook is beyond shocked to see the woman in front of him. The woman he only met twice , the woman he still remembers her name, and the woman who he refuse to acknowledge as his ‘first crush’.

 

Tzuyu as he remembers is still stunningly beautiful although she looks more matured now. Jungkook couldnt move on his spot as he doesn’t know what to do. Not even a reply for her apology. 

 

But the very majestic moment comes to a halt when he hears women not far from him talking about him. That’s when reality hits him. He needs to run now or it’ll be a chaos in the restaurant. With a heavy heart, Jungkook turns and runs to the door leaving Tzuyu puzzled on her spot.

 

‘That’s really her’ 

 

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹