First Meeting

Spring Breeze

The clear sky, the spring breeze and the sound of cars passing by somehow give Jungkook mixed emotions in this Monday morning. Most people hate Monday be they office workers, students and even parents. It’s the start of the week which means the start of repetitive days of work and stress. Jungkook hates Monday but he loves Spring. What an irony.

 

The boy who is fully dressed in what he calls ‘chicken uniform’ is waiting for the bus to his school. it’s already 9am and he is late. But the perk of going to an Art High School and being a trainee on top of that means he can be late and no one can question him.

 

He was practicing dance until 12am last night as the Monthly Performance Test for his company is nearing. So here he is now, very exhausted, very sleepy and very yellow. Oh how he hates his bright yellow uniform.

 

“i swear im gonna throw this trash to where it belongs once i graduated” 

 

Jungkook sighs for the umpteenth time today. He is not a cranky person usually but that morning he cant help it. He is late now and the bus is nowhere in sight. Taking a taxi is so out of the picture now because he’s literally broke. His parents usually give him 300000won a month as he lives in Seoul and they live in Busan. He needs to manage with what’s left because he has another 5 days before his parents wire in his allowance. 

 

Not far from where he sits, he saw a high school girl reading the bus schedule showing her back to Jungkook. Judging from her uniform, she must be a student from Seoul Science High School. A school not far from his. The school is famous for their luxury looking uniform and Jungkook always envies that. The long haired girl is still busy looking at the bus schedule.

 

‘She’s probably late like me too’

 

Jungkook puts on his face mask and turns his head to his phone not wanting to stare at the girl’s back any longer. He is browsing through his phone and checking some news when the bus finally arrived. He quickly boards the bus and swipes his bus card.

 

Teett Teett !!

 

“Why is this beeping?” 

 

Jungkook heard a girl’s voice beside him. When Jungkook turns his head towards the girl, that’s when something unimaginable happens. 

 

Jungkook is not the type who can digest overly cheesy romantic movies which potray the meeting of hero and heroine in a slowmo way with petals showering them. But if he would describe the moment he sees the girl’s face, that’s exactly how he will describe it.

 

The girl has a very beautiful pair of eyes, a sharp nose with luscious lips all nicely placed on her small face. Not to mention her long silky hair completes her beauty. She’s probably just a few centimetres shorter than Jungkook. In that brief moment Jungkook thought he’s seeing an angel. Yes, that’s how beautiful she is.

 

“You need coins or bus card for this” Said the bus driver interrupting Jungkook’s thought.

 

“Oh i see. May i know how much is it to Seoul Science High School?”

 

Judging from the way she speaks, she sounds fluent but the pronunciation seems odd in some parts.

 

“1000 won”

 

After paying the said amount, the girl passes through Jungkook who is still awed in his place.

 

Only after the bus moves Jungkook is brought back to reality.

 

He quickly goes to sit at the only empty seat which is behind the girl. He’s so ashamed of himself. Never in his life he’s so awestruck by a girl no matter how beautiful she is. Besides, he comes from an Art High School.  There are so many beautiful girls around him who are already idols or trainees and no one even fazes him the way that girl did.

 

‘Snap out of it Jungkook ah! You look stupid just now’ He reminds himself. Jungkook quickly puts back his headphones and turns on his playlist. His high school is 15 minutes away so he has lot of time to listen to songs.

 

But like a magnet she is, Jungkook finds himself staring at the back of that girl. The spring breeze flowing in from the bus window makes the girl’s hair dancing gently. The strawberry scent from the girl hits Jungkook’s nose and he smiles unknowingly. That’s when Jungkook sees a keychain dangling from the girl’s green bag written “Tzuyu”

 

‘So her name is Tzuyu’