The Bus Ride

Spring Breeze

It’s been 3 weeks since Jungkook last saw Tzuyu. It seems like Tzuyu only rode the bus to her school that day. But Jungkook doesn’t care. That’s what he keeps telling himself whenever he’s waiting for the bus to his school. He’s trying not to look at every girl with long hair or any girl with green backpack. 

 

Jungkook keeps reminding himself that Tzuyu is just another pretty girl that he wont meet again because 

  1. They are from totally 2 different schools with 2 different streams
  2. He’s an idol trainee who’s struggling everyday to debut meanwhile she is someone whom he only knows her name

 

With these theories, Jungkook slowly erasing Tzuyu from his mind. What’s the point thinking about a stranger. Talking about himself, he’s quite popular in his school and probably even schools near his. He is a cute looking boy who can dance and sing well. The number of girls lining up to be his girlfriend can fill a whole bus. But Jungkook never gets into a relationship because his only goal now is to debut and become a world star. For him, girls are a hindrance to his success.

 

🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱

 

Jungkook is late again today. The late night practice last night dragged on as his dance trainer was furious that they kept making mistakes on the dance moves. Everyone was exhausted after learning 4 sets of choreo the whole day. 

 

The cherry blossom tree in front of the bus stop is still blooming although the air is getting hotter. Despite the hot humid air, Jungkook still uses his face mask. Just a precaution since you dont know when people will take pictures of him getting late to school and create rumors once he debut? 

 

Just as he’s busy with his phone scrolling through his secret facebook account, he heard someone talking not far from him. The voice sounds familiar but she’s talking in mandarin.

 

Jungkook is shocked when he sees Tzuyu sitting at the end of the bench. After 3 weeks, Jungkook finally meets Tzuyu again. This time Tzuyu styled her hair in high ponytail.

Again, like a lightning struck him, Jungkook froze at his spot. She still looks stunning as Jungkook remembers her.

 

🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚🐚

 

Tzuyu is busy talking to someone on her phone with worried expression which Jungkook guessed is her mother, after utilising his very minimal mandarin vocabulary. With a short 1 minute conversation, Tzuyu put down her phone. Jungkook quickly turns his head back to his phone acting like he was not staring at Tzuyu just now.

 

“Excuse me”

 

Gulp. Jungkook literally froze on his seat fully knowing whose voice is that. And true to his bet, Tzuyu stands in front of him.

 

“Yes” Jungkook thanks God he didn’t stutter.

 

“May i know if there’s a bus going to Seoul Science High School? i dont know much about bus schedule but from what i’ve read there there’s supposed to be a bus 10 minutes ago. I need...”

 

Jungkook swears whatever Tzuyu was saying felt like just breeze sweeping his ears. He’s too mesmerised by Tzuyu’s presence he’s nearly malfunctioning.

 

“Excuse me? Are you listening?” Tzuyu feels weird that the guy in front of him doesn’t respond to her. She is well aware that her korean pronunciation is not the best but she never had any difficulty interacting with other people before this.

 

Like a big hammer hit his head, Jungkook finally snaps out from his daze. He quickly regains his composure and clears his throat.

 

“uhm yeah. im going to SOPA. You can take the same bus as me. The bus schedule changed. You need to download the app to get the latest one” 

 

He confidently answered Tzuyu’s question. It’ll hurt his reputation for looking nervous in front of a girl. Not now not even forever.

 

“Thank you” Tzuyu smiles. Feeling thankful towards Jungkook. 

 

‘Damn. Is she even real?’

 

Now Tzuyu sits just half a meter away from Jungkook. Jungkook can feel the unnecessary palpitation his heart is making now. He even prays that his heartbeat isnt loud enough that Tzuyu can hear. Talk about exaggerating. 

 

“So... are you late too?” Says Jungkook after raking his brain on what to say to make it less awkward since only 2 of them there at the bustop.

 

“Yes. Something happened this morning. I hope my teachers wont scold me” Tzuyu says in worry. Although her teachers never punished her for being late since she’s the top student after all. She’s rarely late and if she ever was, she always has a solid reason for it. Like today, she’s late because her parents suddenly got emergency calls from the hospital. They usually send her to her school but since the bus stop is quite far from her house, she has to walk all the way to the bus stop.

 

“How about you?” Tzuyu asks just as a formality. 

 

“Me? Oh i had dance practice last night so i woke up late” 

 

“Dance practice? You are a dancer?” 

 

“You can call me that. But im a trainee to be exact”

 

Jungkook doesn’t really tell people that he’s an idol trainee because it’s much safer like that although most of his fangirls already knew. But he’s not sure why he’s just easily share that piece of information about him to Tzuyu. A stranger that he met twice only.

 

“Oh like idol trainee?” 

 

“Yeah” Jungkook answers shyly with a bit of proudness. 

 

“I hope you can debut soon.” Tzuyu wishes him sincerely. Although Tzuyu doesn’t have much interest in idols or entertainment world in general but she knows that idol world is tough. She sometimes read how young students committed suicide as they failed to debut or failed as idols.

 

“Thank you” 

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

 

The bus arrived as scheduled and they both sit together in the bus. Not that Jungkook has a choice since that’s the only empty seat there and he doesn’t want to stand during the bus ride since his legs are still sore from the dance practice.

 

“So how about you? Must be tough in a science school i bet” Jungkook doesn’t want to stop the flow. He just likes to hear Tzuyu’s calm voice.

 

“Not really. It’s just the same as other high schools. I bet you have it harder juggling both school and training” 

 

How Jungkook wishes Tzuyu can keep talking. Call him crazy because everything about Tzuyu from her voice to her smell and to her body language, everything looks mesmerising to Jungkook. 

 

“Im used to it” Now Jungkook doesn’t know what to say anymore. It’s awkward but he doesn’t know what kind of ghost possessed him that he suddenly wishes he’s a chattery type. Tzuyu’s high school is approaching and he badly wants to stretch the conversation.

 

“My stop is here.” Tzuyu says while smiling. “Good luck on your future debut” 

 

Jungkook’s heart drops seeing that smile like a fallen cherry blossom on the ground. The momentarily happiness he’s experiencing is so short lived to the point he thinks he’s still dreaming. He watches Tzuyu running towards her school gate in disappointment.

 

‘Ah it’s okay. We’ll see each other again later or sooner’

 

That’s what he says. But little did Jungkook know that that was the last time he met Tzuyu.