Blame It On The Rain

No Defense For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blame It On The Rain - He is We

---

 

A figure secretly eyed the whole room after seeing nobody was inside. A huge sigh was heard as she pushed open the doors of the quiet auditorium with one hand as she was also holding her guitar case in her other hand. Her shoes made squeaking sounds but she payed it no mind, she head to the center of the stage, settling in a lone chair after pulling it from the side. She carried her guitar and got her guitar pick on her pocket. 

 

For a minute, she tuned her guitar by ear, having been accustomed by it as she was in fact with the music club. She placed a capo in the third fret of the guitar and fixed her fingers to finally play the C chord. The figure breathed a long one as she closed her eyes then let her hand strum the words she couldn't say. 

 

Chuck-chuck-strum-down-up-down-up-down-up. C chord, G chord, A minor, and F chord. 

 

"You, got me caught in all this mess," she let her voice rang around the silent auditorium. "I guess, we can blame it on the rain."

 

"My pain is knowing I can’t have you..." Slowly, she opened her eyes that were sullen when her mind flashed the image of the girl her heart sings to.

 

"I can't have you." The girl she was so in love with and the girl who was also her best friend. Kwon Eunbi. 

 

She felt the emotions into her voice as she gritted her teeth and strummed with the beat. "Tell me does she-"

 

 

"Eun!"

 

Said girl turned around as she heard someone called her, then a grin blossomed on her face as she saw her best friend heading towards her carrying a bag a little too large for her figure. It made Eunbi giggle as it made her best friend so adorable, she wanted to pinch her cheeks. 

 

"Kkura-ya!" 

 

The girl panted as she stopped in front of the older one, she displayed one hand to gesture to wait a moment as she was still catching her breath. Eunbi only chuckled as she eyed the short haired younger girl that was tired from a mere jog. 

 

"Eunbi unnie, here," she huffed tiredly as she brought out a water jug that was yellow in front. "You forgot your jug in the cafete--" 

 

But she couldn't finish her sentence as the older girl engulfed her on a hug that momentarily stunned her. She could feel her heart beating so fast and she was afraid that Eunbi would hear it too. 

 

"Aw thanks, Kkura-ya," Sakura felt her cheek being pinched but she only stood in awkwardness as she was controlling her blush from growing further. Albeit, she could reason out the blush that it came from Eunbi's pinch, but how can she explain it for her other cheek?

 

"It's no problem unnie," Sakura stopped herself from uttering more words as she knew it would only complicate their relationship. She couldn't even control the way she looked at Eunbi every time she looked at her best friend. More so, Eunbi already has a-

 

"Hey babe."

 

Sakura sighed inwardly as her eyes couldn't be save away from the vision in front of her. She could hear her heart broke as she eyed Eunbi and her girlfriend locking lips as Hyewon settled her arm around Eunbi's waist, kissing her deeper.

 

Sakura settled her eyes on the ground to let the couple have some privacy even if they were in front of her.

 

"Oh god, sorry Kkura-ya," she heard after a moment as Eunbi finally realized that they weren't the only one there. 

 

"Oh, it's cool," Sakura shrugged as if to say that she's used to it. She met her best friend's eyes but she only gave her a small smile.

 

 

look at you the way I do,

 

 

She broke the eye contact and settled on Hyewon's as she gave her a nod. Sakura, feeling as if she was intruding, gave an awkward cough as she speak, "I actually have to go somewhere,"

 

Her hand clenched on the handle of her backpack. "See you around, unnie," she said, then turned to the other girl. "You too, Hyewon-ssi."

 

As if burned, her feet moved fast to get her away from the scene.

 

 

 

Sakura couldn't remember when she developed feelings for her best friend. Well, it was a no brainer to have a crush to someone like Kwon Eunbi, she knew people that can be counted on her hands that got a crush on her best friend, but only Hyewon was lucky enough to be her significant other. Eunbi was a fantastic person to be friends with. She was kind, helpful, thoughtful, a leader and also cute and good looking. It was actually Eunbi that made the move to be friends with her and they developed to be best friends since grade school. And then Kkura, with Eunbi by her side, made lots of fun and memories throughout their school years and then boom! Suddenly, she was feeling different towards her best friend.

 

First was the sudden rush. The feeling of lightheadedness when Eunbi would go brush their fingers to one another when she was being clingy. Although Sakura would always grumble that she was annoyed by it, she was secretly enjoying it.

 

Second was the fastening of her heart beat when Eunbi was around. There was this feeling of tingling sensation and her heartbeat drumming so loud on her chest when her best friend would glanced up towards her and beam her that signature smile.

 

Then came the blushes and tender looks that signifies more. Day by day, she noticed how different she would look towards Eunbi. Like she was longing for something, that only her best friend can provide. Then she would shake her head away from such thoughts but then her blushes became evident. Eunbi would laugh at her when she would go red when her best friend made her clinginess known. Eunbi said it was endearing, then she would go pinch her cheeks and would miss the way Sakura's ears would go pink.

 

Those were pretty much their routine throughout their school years as best friends and Sakura was just mildy confused about what she's feeling. But everything turned to south when they hit the second year of their high school and when a certain someone transferred to their school and made herself known towards the best friends, particularly Eunbi.

 

It was also the time when Sakura realized that what she was feeling for her best friend was not in the spectrum of 'best friends' and was something more.

 

 

 

"Hey," a voice whispered in the air but Sakura still heard it as the voice was very familiar and was fond to her heart. Also because they were inside of the school's library.

 

"Hi," Sakura was surprised as she eyed her best friend that was flashing her a guilty smile. As if Sakura would be angry to her best friend from disturbing her study session, she offered the seat beside her as Eunbi sighed in relief and sat quickly when the librarian gave them a warning look.

 

"I uh," Sakura couldn't find the words as she fixed her ugly glasses on her nose to get a clear view of her best friend. "I thought you're with Hyewon-ssi..." She glanced at her watch. "At this hour?"

 

Eunbi pouted, she casted Sakura a hurt look as if to convey that Sakura didn't want her here. "Well, I was..."

 

"But then?"

 

Eunbi sighed. She saw the look her best friend was giving her. It means that she shouldn't put some bull right now and just tell th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter