the day before the eleventh

i'll keep your word, so shall i wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When this concert ends...is it also the end for us?"

"I don't want to..."

Then it doesn't have to be.

-----

May 10, 2020

It was dead silent, there was almost no sound except for the faint rustling sound of heater to keep the room warm.

Sungjae keep looking at his own reflection on the mirror, as if not recognizing the face on the other side. He reached the top of his head as he was no longer could feel the fluffy hair of his.

Ah, it feels so real now, he thought to himself.

He finally shaved his hair after he kept putting it off to the last day before his enlistment tomorrow. He was always so confident of his appearance. He is aware that he is good looking—no, scratch that, he knows that he's handsome. However, not today. He felt like his confidence was shaved off along with his hair. He was attractive no more, he looks like a round egg now.

Sungjae heaved a sigh but then chuckled, how can I meet her in this state?! She would surely teased me to death.

He ruffled his now-bald head out of frustration. Aish, molla. He gave in as he proceeded to randomly took out one of his cap from his collection.

He marched to the living room, settled himself on the couch. He keep fiddling with his fingers. She should be here anytime soon.

Sungjae was about to text a message wondering where is the person he has been waiting for as he heard his unit passcode being keyed before the door was opened, revealing the woman he has always treasured the most.

A cheerful beam plastered on her face, it was the smile she always wear whenever she's with him.

"What took you so long?" he pretended to whine.

She clicked her tongue, shoving the heavy plastic bag she's been carrying to him, "I stop by the convenience store because I know you would have nothing in your fridge!"

"What do you mean? There is plenty of—" Sungjae sauntered to his fridge to open it, "—food..." he embarrassedly continued as he revealed there was indeed nothing in his fridge, literally.

It's strange, even he intentionally didn't buy anything these past few days because he's about to enlist, he definitely remember he went to grocery shopping not long ago. Three weeks prior at most, and his fridge was fully loaded then.

A sudden realization hits him, remembering how often his BTOB hyungs crashed to his apartment lately, even when he's not home. They must've filled themselves with his food.

Ah, those hyungs really are good for nothing.

The woman just softly chuckled at the sight in front of her, "see?"

Sungjae groaned in defeat, "okay, okay you're right, Sooyounga."

Sooyoung smiled in satisfactory, "you haven't had your dinner, right?" she asked which Sungjae returned with a pouty nod, "I'm hungry. Very."

"I brought some foods. Wanna eat ramyeon?" she asked nonchalantly.

A mischievous smirk painted on Sungjae's face, "hmm, sure if that's what you want~" he sneakily answered in teasing tone.

Realizing the double meaning of her words, her cheeks instantly flushed, began to turn into a shade of pinkish red. It's funny how she used to be the one who always straightforward but now it's the other way around. Guess five years really made some change in him.

He became more daring and he likes to more often, throwing a fastball and act as if it was nothing.

"Ya!" she yelled, landed a playful smack on his arm. Sungjae yelped in pain, "ah, stop it! I was kidding! I was just kidding!"

-----

A pot of hot ramyeon was served on the dining table as the two started to slurping and digging it in silence. They finished it in no time.

"Aigoo, wipe your mouth, Sooyounga. You silly girl." Sungjae noticed a stain from the ramyeon soup on the corner of Sooyoung's lips, he gently brushed it with his thumb without any hesitation.

Sooyoung giggled bashfully.

"What would you do without me, eoh?" he jokingly remarked, but the atmosphere suddenly darkened as Sooyoung replied, "right. What would I do without you?"

Sungjae heavily exhaled. At the end of the day, both of them have to face the topic they have been dreading as they couldn't avoid it any longer now.

"Sooyounga."

Sooyoung can hear her name was being called, but she couldn't immediately answer. All she could think of was the way he always call her. The husky voice of his always sound so tender to her liking, but she wouldn't be able to hear it anymore for the time being.

"Hmm?" Sooyoung eventually hummed as a response.

"Can I tell you my wish now?" Sungjae asked, his eyes never left hers but she keep averting her gaze as she was afraid she might break down to tears if she had stared back at him.

Sooyoung was puzzled for a split second before she caught his drift. Ah, his birthday wish.

"Sure. What is it?" she nodded, "but remember, any weird wishes would never be granted."

Sungjae stifled a laugh, "why would I wish for anything weird?" which she returned with a dry reply, "because you're always weird."

They shared a brief laughter together before Sungjae got serious again, "don't cry," he said solemnly.

Sooyoung stiffened upon his words.

"Don't cry when I'm leaving tomo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter