happy birthday!

i'll keep your word, so shall i wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2, 2020

It was only few minutes past midnight.

Han River seemed a little bit more crowded than usual.

Sungjae and Sooyoung couldn't be more careless with their surrounding. Nothing would matter more than the presence of one another anyway.

That night, Sungjae officially turned 26 in Korea.

He didn't need any party, he only need Sooyoung to walk hand in hand with him silently without any words uttered. It already makes him feel contented, and it was more than enough.

They didn't know how long they have walked, or how far they have gone. Not that they care, though.

Sungjae spotted an empty bench by the river. It was almost hidden by a big oak tree grew behind it, definitely a perfect spot to chill without having to be afraid of being caught by those luring paparazzi.

"Should we sit there?" Sungjae suggested. Sooyoung instantly responded with a simple nod.

They settled themselves on the bench. Sungjae immediately noticed that Sooyoung was wearing a short skirt. He automatically took off his jacket by instinct and quietly covered her bare legs.

If it was five years ago, he would've done the same but then make such a big deal out of it, asking Sooyoung to acknowledge him for being a gentleman.

But now, it is only natural for him.

After all, five years has passed and he has matured a lot.

He still is a prankster, still childish at certain times. But at least he isn't as clueless as he was back then.

Sooyoung sheepishly smiled, mumbled a silent thanks but was audible enough for him to hear. It's almost strange how her heart still flutters over his little gestures even though it's been five years already.

Sungjae reached into the plastic bag he's been holding as he placed himself to sit beside Sooyoung. He took out two canned beers they have bought from the nearest convenience store earlier. He opened one for Sooyoung before opening the another for himself, "cheers?"

"Cheers." they clinked their can before taking a little sip from it.

"Happy birthday, Oppa," Sooyoung congratulated him, flashing him the gorgeous beaming smile of hers. Her white face glows in contrast with the pitch black night sky which makes her beauty endearingly stands out even more.

Sungjae staring at her in awe, secretly mesmerized by her as if he was enchanted by her spell. He would never get why Sooyoung needed to feel insecure when she's already perfect as she is in his eyes.

"Thank you. You're the first person to congratulate me this year," he returned her smile before continued, "again."

Sooyoung heartily giggled, "four years in a row, huh?"

Sungjae nodded in acknowledgement, "that's quite impressive."

"I plan to keep doing it, though." she cheekily boasted.

"You have to," he replied jokingly as they shared another laughter together.

"Oppa," Sooyoung turned her body to face him. "Hm?" Sungjae hummed as a response, his eyes fixed on Sooyoung's, wondering what's going on inside the beautiful mind of hers.

"Don't you want any present

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter