Chapter 3

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

Wendy was upset that her wedding dress didn’t turn out well. She had seen Irene’s portfolio and the dresses that she made were all spectacular but her dress was an exception. It had nothing to do with Irene’s handiwork. It was just as she described it but when she wore it, she didn’t had the chills. There she was, wearing her dream wedding dress yet she didn’t cry. She tried to keep her disappointment but Irene knew what an unhappy bride looked like. Irene apologizes over and over again and promised to make the dress perfect right in time of the wedding. 

 

The drive home was quiet. She was grateful that she was alone. Without anyone around, she let go of the tears that were begging to escape from her eyes. She knew the reason why she was upset. She knew the reason why she didn’t feel special in her dream wedding dress. Wendy couldn’t deny to herself that she was still very much in love with Mark. 

 

She wiped her tears as she drove nearer the beach house. She didn’t want Seulgi and Joy to ask questions. 

 

She parked her car, took a deep breath and got out of the car. She was about to enter the beach house when she heard a familiar voice calling out her name.

 

“Mark, what are you doing here?” Wendy asked as soon as she turned around. 

 

“I saw Joy’s IG story. I tried to call you but you changed your number. I called your dad and got your address. I booked the earliest flight.” Mark started. “It’s been a month since we broke up and you’ve moved on already? Did you cheat on me?” Mark asked accusingly.

 

“Cheat? You know I’m not capable of that. How dare you come here just to hurt me again!” Wendy said, offended that he thought that she was capable of cheating.

 

“Make me understand then! 10 years, Wends. We’ve been together for 10 years, Wends. A decade! And you meet a guy and just decide to get married?” Mark’s voice was starting to break.

 

“Ten years, Mark. Yes, 10 years and I thought we were on the same page. I want to get married. I want to start a family, Mark. But you couldn’t give that to me.” Wendy explained. “I know it sounds crazy to get married after knowing someone for 2 weeks but I’ve finally found someone who’s on the same page as I am.”

 

“You know what happened to our parents. I’m scared to end up like them. What we had was enough for me— I love you and you love me. I didn’t know that it wasn’t enough for you.” Mark had tears in his eyes. He took a box on his pocket and opened it in front of her.

 

“I was about to propose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter