Chapter 2

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

Seulgi stared at everyone before faking a smile.

 

“Hi! So you’re my soon-to-be brother-in-law. Nice to meet you.” Seulgi said waved at Jaebeom, who was unusually quiet. The meeting was awkward and the others didn’t know what to do. Seulgi pleaded with them with her look.

 

“Hi I’m Jackson.” Jackson said to break the awkward atmosphere. Irene and Jinyoung followed suit. 

 

“I’m Joy! And it’s been a long day and I’m tired as f, we probably should get going, right Seul?” Joy said and Seulgi made a mental note to thank her later. 

 

“Sorry, Babe. Had to drive them home. See you tomorrow? We’ll have a get together lunch tomorrow at the beach house.” Wendy said before she gave Jaebeom a kiss on the cheek.

 

Both Seulgi and Jaebeom stood frozen on their places. 

 

“Lover boy! We’re next!” Jinyoung said as he dragged Jaebeom towards the stage. 

 

Joy placed her arm on Seulgi’s waist as she guided her back to the car. She knew that Seulgi was just trying to keep it together. 

 

“Are we seriously leaving? What about Seulgi’s summer romance?” Wendy asked.

 

“It was just a summer fling, Wends. Let it go. We’re both tired.” Seulgi insisted.

 

“But, you fell in love. I’m sure you’re going to regret it if you won’t look for him.” Wendy added.

 

“You know what? I actually saw him earlier when I got separately from you. He was there. But he’s moved on. I have moved on. Case closed. Now let’s go home.” Seulgi exclaimed. Wendy knew better than to continue talking about it. 

 

“Too bad we can’t stay longer. No worries, there will be plenty of opportunities for you two to listen to them play.” Wendy said as they were walking towards the car.

 

“Yeah. Since you’re marrying Jaebeom. And you’ll have him in your lives until you die.” Joy said, making things worse for Seulgi.

 

“But you don’t have to wait for that long. They’ll be playing in our wedding in 3 days.” Wendy casually said as she started the car.

 

“WHAT?!” Both Joy and Seulgi screamed making Wendy hit the brakes.

 

“Yeah! Are you two trying to get us killed?” Wendy yelled.

 

“WENDY!!! How can you leave out that important piece of information?! A wedding in three days? Are you kidding me? Are you pregnant?” Seulgi yelled back in anger.

 

“I’m not pregnant! We decided to wait until after the wedding. Which is why it needs to be in three days. I couldn’t hold out much longer.” Wendy said as she started to drive again.

 

“I’m trying my best to understand everything, Wends. Everything’s happening so fast. Does dad even know?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Yes, he does and he’s very supportive. He’s still in Canada but he’ll be here during the wedding.” Wendy answered.

 

Both Seulgi and Joy were quiet. Seulgi didn’t know what else to say and Joy knew it wasn’t her place to tell Wendy the truth.

 

“You know what? Just sleep on it, okay? You’ll like him once you get to know him. Just give him a chance, okay? He’s an amazing person, sis. And I’d be stupid to let him go.” Wendy said and it felt like bullets through Seulgi’s heart.

 

‘Yes, he’s an amazing person. And yes, I’m stupid for letting him go.’ Seulgi wanted to say but she didn’t want to complicate the circumstances. 

 

Wendy’s happiness was at stake and she didn’t want to take it away from her.

 

 

The next day…

 

Seulgi removed her slippers and walked barefoot towards the shore. As soon as the waves touched her feet, she instantly regretted. It was almost winter and temperature was slowly dropping. The water felt like needles pricking her skin so she immediately went back offshore and just sat on the sand.

 

She recalled Wendy’s stories last night about Jaebeom.

 

He became a successful music producer and had been writing, composing and producing songs for famous artists. He was offered an exclusive contract by JYPE but he didn’t like the busy life in Seoul and opted to have his own studio here. He would play with his band, with Jackson on guitar and with Jinyoung on keyboard, whenever they felt like it. 

 

Jinyoung still ran his bookstore. Jackson’s business, TEAM WANG, became internationally recognized and Irene had been designing clothes with him. 

 

Everyone seemed happy except for her.

 

Her phone rang and she saw Joy’s name flashing on the screen.

 

“Hey, where are you?” Joy asked.

 

“I’m just talking a walk at the beach.” Seulgi answered.

 

“I think you should tell Wendy. She deserves to know.” Joy didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter