Part 1.

Give it back

"Kris-Ge, can I borrow your jacket? It's so cold outside, I wanna go to the canteen." He looked up from his seat, panda boy was looking at him with his goofy smile again.

"Again?" he was always borrowing things from him, ever since they were kids.

"Yeah, why? Don't wanna lend it to me anymore?" 

He nodded, focusing back on his phone. He heard him grumble. Tao mumbled 'meanie, it's raining' under his breath with a cute pout. Turning back, he walked away, unhurried silent footsteps followed him. 

A cloth was thrown at his head, blocking his sight, a familiar scent clogged his nose. Looking back, he saw him walking away, burying his face at the jacket, sniffing his favorite scent. A blush crept out on his face and a small smile on his lips. 'this is why I love the rain.'

---

"When will you give it back?" not bothering to look, he knew who it is. He sighed, why is it not raining anymore? He wanted to continue sniffing this jacket until he goes home, but it suddenly stops raining, he immediately removed the jacket and gave it to him. Kris was always like this, ever since they were young, he always takes back the things he lent to him as soon as possible, telling him that he was so irresponsible with things and never entrusts him of anything.

'It's not like I won't return it to him.' As soon as he took his jacket, he began to leave. He just looks at him walking back to his seat. The class went on smoothly and before he knows it, the class ended. The wind was blowing hard outside, he bumped into him and took his chances.

"Lend me your jacket again Kris-Ge." hoping that he will agree with his puppy eyes, but being the cold city guy that he is, he snapped at him "Why don't you bring your own jacket? You know it's rainy season, stop pestering me all the time just to borrow, so irresponsible." he just sighed, watching him walk away.

He admits to himself, he loves his Kris-Ge so much that he wanted to grab his attention every time he sees him, borrowing things from him just to remind him that he was there, afraid that he might forget about him. But still every time that he was so cold to him, still hurts. 'I am not giving up.' his determination was still at its peak.

A week has passed, Tao either bring his Kris-Ge lunch, ask him to teach him assignments, pestering him even on the basketball court where Kris was a varsity or just casually walking home with him every day. The latter doesn't show much affection.

All he did was tell him that "You don't know how to cook so stop making my lunch.", "Ask your friends to teach you.", "Stop going here, you are disturbing our practice with your unnecessary cheers." and "Can't you go home by yourself?" everyday too. He persevered for the whole week. He was used to it anyway. 

Until that one night, he relentlessly chased after him just to borrow his jacket again. He loves the smell of that jacket, he knew that he won't disagree with him cause it's raining, he didn't expect that he will be turned down. Bell rings, and the class were dismissed, Kris snuck away before Tao realized it, 'So you're thinking of going home without me huh? Not gonna happen!' Tao was gifted with long legs, and he puts it in a good use. 

He saw Kris at the school entrance, back facing him. Excited, he almost called him if it weren't for the girl beside him. He saw how Kris removed his jacket and cover her with it, the girl lifted her umbrella to his head and they started to walk away. His heart was beating so loud, he felt like he was stabbed in the chest yet he can't pull the knife out. 

So many questions were running in his head, 'Is she his special someone?' he was really upset, hurt and annoyed. Suddenly realizing now how indifferent he is to him, or how he look at him like an annoying fly buzzing around him. He must've really liked her for he offered her his jacket without a disdain on his face. 

'Maybe I really am delusional. I'm just his childhood friend that has always run after him, chasing him around cause I like him, maybe I was blind for thinking that we are so close, maybe I was the only one who thinks that we are friends, or does he even consider me as one?'

He was slowly dispirited, eaten by jealousy and envy. 'Should I stop?' he looked back 'Do I really want to let him go just like that? What if she is just a friend?' before he knew it, he ran after them. He fervently searched where they could've possibly passed. The heavy rain sent him shivering. Tired running around he stopped and sighed. 'Where are you ?' He thought, looking left and right. He felt like he was about to lose him, and he doesn't want that. 

"What the are you doing? Why are you here? It's raining you !" Behind him was the man he was searching for, Kris put the umbrella above his head. Looking at him, again and again, he was lost in his beautiful eyes, Kris arched his eyebrows up when he saw haw Tao looked at him. He cleared his throat.

"Are you even listening? Didn't I tell you to wait for me at the entrance?" 

"W-what?"

"I texted you, idiot!"

"I, uh." he did? He didn't check his phone. 

Kris sighed, tugging him to walk beside him. "How dumb are you?" 

He silently followed him, he wanted to ask him, but was afraid of his answer. What if he's really into girls? Then he clearly doesn't stand a chance!

As they were getting nearer and nearer to their apartment, he was getting reluctant to ask.

"Go on," Kris pushed him inside his apartment, "Wash up, don't get cold." he turned around and walked to his own apartment. That night he can't sleep, he needs to ask, he needs to know.

The next day after his sleepless night, he didn't expect that Kris will wait for him to come to school together, he thought that he was already late, that he already left him behind since he woke up late, but boy was he wrong when he was there on his doorstep, cigarette in his lips, one hand in his pocket, the other was about to knock on his door. Both were startled, Kris dumped his cigarette, taking a step closer and touched his forehead. 

"Good, you didn't catch a fever. Come on." He was taken aback when he holds his wrist, tugging him. He pulled back. "I need to lock the door." 

Kris can feel his heart beating fast the second he touched Tao, he kinda hate the feeling of it, he felt like he ran an extra mile, he never wanted to admit that he was worried sick last night when he saw him soaked wet, that's why he patiently waited about an hour at his doorstep that morning in case he was sick, he hates how he cared for him. Tao might not know this but Tao was very popular with other boys, since he can play basketball like him and was really good at it, but he stopped, and he might not know how many guys like him, but Kris knows. In his basketball team, Kris was hated by all of his teammates due to the fact that Tao likes him and only him. 

They walked slowly to school, both have something in mind.

Tao was mustering all his courage to ask him, he stopped and called his name, Kris did the same. They stopped outside slightly far from the school gate. 

"Are you dating someone?" he asked solemnly. Kris frowned, where did he get such a dumb idea?

"Why do you ask?" 

"Just answer it." he wasn't so sure if he really wanted to hear his answer. 

"Even if I had one, it's none of your business." his eyes were turning into slits, he turned around but was taken aback when Tao yanked his arm, he looked at his eyes, his touch made him tremble. 

"It's my business!" 

"And how is that?"

Tao let out an exasperated sigh, "Are you dumb or just pretending to be dumb?" Kris averted his gaze.

Tao stepped a little bit closer, forcing Kris to look at him, holding his face. "You know that I like you, right? You know how much I ing like you, right?" Kris clearly knows it, but was afraid to acknowledge this feeling again. 

"Don't you like me back? Is there a tiny chance for me?" bombarded with questions makes him irritated.

"I don't like you Tao." he blurted out. Tao feel his heart hurt. "Is that what you want to hear?" he didn't mean to just blurt it out but it just did. 

Tao's hands fell to his sides, lowering his head. The weather seems to be sympathizing, little droplets of rain started to pour, mourning for his heart. His mind went blank, he felt his throat go dry, biting his lower lip to seal his sob that was threatening to come out, eyes were shedding tears.

He tried to speak, but his voice trembled, he turned to look away, not wanting him to see him pitiful, "I u-understand." but the latter caught his tear streaked face when he looked away.

Kris pulled him back, their chests touched. They both feel breathless when it happened, though Kris remained calm outside, he internally cursed himself, but he still slid his other hand to Tao's tiny waist, pulling him closer. The latter hitched his breath, face was red, trying to wriggle his way out of Kris's arms. 

"What are you doing?" he scolded Kris for his actions, making him feel protected inside his arms, making his heart pound, and making him feel hopeful. 

"Stop moving."

"Let me go, you don't have to comfort me when you just rejected me." 

"But you can get out of my grip when you want to, you can just beat me to the ground, but clearly you wouldn't want to get out of my arms. Right?" Tao frowned, he was about to retort back, looking up to meet the latter's eye but Kris kissed him. 

Time seems to stop when their lips met, hearts were pounding and his knees were the first one to grow weak but Kris wouldn't let him slip, he pulled him hard to him, earning a friction below that made the both of them moan.