Day 1

Wisdom Teeth

A/N: howdy doo everyone~

thank you for patiently waiting for this fic to be posted. i ended up writing waaaaaay more than i anticipated. i hope you enjoy the story that'll unravel[:

i decided to post this story in chapters in case some people weren't comfortable about reading certain topics. i tried to write it so that you can skip chapters and not be completely lost. please read more about it in the forward. 

enjoy <3

 



CW: mention of prescribed drugs. Please read with caution.



 

“I really don’t want to do this.”

 

“I don’t think anyone wants to get their wisdom teeth pulled out.” Jinsol chuckles. She turns into the parking lot. Jungeun grips on her knees a little tighter.

 

“What if I get a bad reaction to the anesthesia?”

 

Jinsol turns into a parking space near the clinic. “Babe. You’re going to be fine. Remember that time you ate Gowon’s burnt chicken nuggets and half-cooked pasta? I think it’s going to be much better than that.” She grabs onto the hand sitting on Jungeun’s knee and squeezes it reassuringly. “And think about the relief you’re going to get once you get those removed! It’s been bothering you since you were in high school. Remember how both your dentist and your doctor said it would reduce all of that jaw and neck pain?”

 

The younger one pouts. “What if I do something stupid while on the laughing gas? Like what if I flirt with the dentist? I see a lot of videos of that. Look, I love you, but if I see a cute girl, I can still compliment her.”

 

Her girlfriend playfully scoffs. “If you try to flirt with the dentist, just think of me and how angry I will be when I take care of you.”

 

Jungeun sighs. She does believe that thinking of Jinsol will keep her grounded. Jinsol is the first person she’s going to see besides the staff. Jinsol said she was going to make her soup. Jinsol was going to take care of her. 

 

Jinsol. Jinsol. Jinsol.

 

Wait.

 

“Jinsol, what if I say something gay?”

 

The older woman deadpans. 

 

“Jungeun, we are gay.”

 


 

When she enters the office, Jinsol is pleasantly surprised to see an ice pack wrapped around Jungeun’s head. 

 

“Jernthol~” It was a weak cry, probably due to exhaustion and so she won’t overexert herself.

 

“How was she, doc?” Jinsol puts her hand on Jungeun’s head. Jungeun happily nuzzles into her. The older one is taken aback by the affection, but tries not to make a big deal out of it if it wasn’t an issue.

 

“She was great. Honestly, really easy extractions.” The oral surgeon continues putting away her instruments. “I wish all my patients were this easy.” She then looks up to the two girlfriends. “Jungeun is on oxygen so we can get all the laughing gas out of her. She’ll be fine, but she might be loopy for a few more hours. My assistant will come in and give you guys postoperative instructions and aftercare guidelines.” She then stands up and bows at them.

 

“Thank you, Dr. Park.” Jinsol bows back at her. Jungeun cutely waves at her.

 

“Thass muh gurlrren,” Jungeun mumbles out while she points at Jinsol. (That’s my girlfriend.)

 

The oral surgeon and Jinsol exchange looks.

 

“Mmmhmm! Yes, Jungeun!” Dr. Park just nods.

 

Jinsol scrunches her eyebrows. “What did she say,” she mouths? 

 

Dr. Park just shrugs, already used to this kind of behavior. “Let us know if she has any pain or excessive bleeding. We’ll help her as much as we can.” Jungeun’s oral surgeon leaves after a final bow.

 

A short man walks in as Dr. Park exits the room, sparing no time. “Hi, Ms. Kim. Are you feeling alright?” Jungeun gives him a thumbs up. “That’s good.” He turns to Jinsol. “And are you her guardian?”

 

“Yes. My name is Jung Jinsol.” Jinsol replies with a smile. The concept of being Jungeun’s “guardian” made her heart flutter a little bit. They’ve been dating for seven years now and started living together about two years ago. Jungeun is such a tsundere and doesn’t really do cute couple-y things like pet names, which is why Jinsol is a little giddy. 

 

The assistant gives her two pieces of paper. “Thank you, Jinsol-ssi. My name is Mingyu. I assisted Dr. Park with Jungeun’s wisdom teeth extraction. Jungeun has four prescriptions.” He begins pointing to the list with all her medications. “This one is a regular pain med. This one is mixed with some codeine in case it hits her really hard. She has to take them once every 6 hours, but if she’s feeling pain or discomfort in between, feel free to take some over-the-counter meds.

 

“This one is her antibiotic. She should take three a day, after every meal. She needs to finish this no matter what. Even if she accidentally missed a pill, she needs to finish it.” He then holds up the other paper. “This is a mouthwash she needs to start using on the fourth day.” Mingyu explains what mixture Jungeun needs to use and how to properly rinse since she’s not allowed to gargle or anything.

 

It was honestly a lot to take in. Jinsol had gotten her wisdom teeth extracted during her first year in college, but she doesn’t remember taking all these medications or having a mouthwash procedure. She understands why Jungeun was worried about post-operation procedures, but she already vowed that she would do her best to take care of her. 

 

Mingyu continues talking about what food she can eat and how she should sleep. Apparently their office gives away a nice package of things she’ll need like gauze, black tea for bleeding, and an extra ice pack. Mingyu explains how and when to use each thing. “If you have any questions, we prepared an itinerary of things to expect for a week. You can check it out here. Any questions?” 

 

Jinsol sighs in relief. “Thanks, Mingyu-ssi.” She bows at him.

 

“Feel free to leave when Jungeun is ready. Good luck.” He then heads out.

 

Jinsol looks down at her girlfriend, only noticing that her eyes were closed and she had a goofy, little grin on her swollen face. The ice pack around her head made her much more adorable. “Jungie, did you fall asleep?”

 

Jungeun shakes her head a little excessively. Jinsol can’t hold back a chuckle this time.

 

“Ready to go home?”

 

Jungeun lets out a giggle. 

 


 

“Can you wait in the car? I’m going to pick up your medicine.”

 

Jungeun flashes an “okay” sign with her hands. Jinsol leaves the key in the ignition so Jungeun could listen to the radio and have some air conditioning. She trusts no one will hack her car and Jungeun would be smart enough to fight someone off with the pepper spray in the cupholder.

 

She comes back to find her girlfriend swaying in tiny circles, listening to some trot music. This so-called “adult” looks like a baby who was trying her best to balance her heavy head.

 

“Jernthol~” Jungeun smiles with her eyes when she sees her girlfriend. There was a trail of bloody drool on the edge of her lips. As gross as it was, the sight was kinda adorable. 

 

Jinsol doesn’t know if she can handle the rest of the week.

 


 

After being fed, Jungeun takes her medications and takes a nap.

 

This was only the calm before the storm. 

 

--

 

It’s already dinner time and Jungeun had to take her second round of medication. Jinsol brings in a tray of yogurt and soup, alongside her medication. She sits in front of Jungeun who is on their bed.

 

“How are you feeling, Jungie?”

 

The younger one did not provide a response. She just stared at Jinsol. 

 

“I made some soup for you. It’s just beef bone soup. I know it’s bland, but we’ll build up to some more flavor tomorrow. I don’t want your gums to be irritated.” She sets the tray down in front of Jungeun. 

 

The patient just stared at the sad broth in front of her. Her cheeks were still swollen.

 

The laughing gas definitely wore off. There was a numbing pain throughout the lower half of her face. 

 

When Jungeun didn’t move, Jinsol became concerned. “Do you want me to feed you?”

 

The thought of Jinsol feeding her was endearing, but she didn’t really have an appetite to eat and it would bring down her spirits if she had to make Jinsol wait for her to take another bite, not knowing which one would be her last. 

 

Jungeun reaches out and pulls on Jinsol’s sleeve. Jinsol waited for Jungeun to say anything. When Jungeun opened her arms, Jinsol stood up and walked a little closer. She engulfed her in a hug. Jungeun just took a deep breath and nuzzled into Jinsol’s abdomen.

 

Jinsol brushed her hand through Jungeun’s hair. She understood the pain the poor woman was going through. 

 

Jungeun was definitely having it rough, but Jinsol promised to be with her every step of the way (or as much as possible anyway). 

 

She massages Jungeun’s scalp, gently scratching up and down in a squeezing motion. 

 

“I know it’s hard,” Jinsol cooes, “but you need to eat. You just went through a grueling operation and you need some food in your system so you can take your medication.”

 

After a few deep breaths of contemplation, Jungeun loosens her grip on Jinsol. Her head still leans on Jinsol’s stomach, but she manages to take her first spoonful.

 

It was difficult making sure the soup wouldn’t touch her wounds (it probably did though) and it was unusual being conscious about making sure not to the soup from the spoon.

 

After what felt like forever (in reality, it was 23 minutes, which is indeed pretty long), Jungeun managed to eat most of her dinner. She gave up because the struggle was mentally draining, but it was sufficient enough. Jinsol left to prepare her medication. 

 

Jungeun was amazed, yet disappointed at how much effort was required to eat a bowl of soup. 

 

Taking the medication was a little easier. At least water was allowed to get on the wounds. 

 

Was this how the rest of the week was going to be? Struggling to eat food that didn’t fill her stomach? Worrying about infection?

 

When she was done, Jinsol gave her a kiss on the forehead. “I’m going to get you your ice pack, okay?”

 

Jungeun doesn’t want her to leave, but she realizes that she didn’t even allow Jinsol to eat the entire time. She wants to tell her to eat, but she physically cannot. 

 

In less than a minute, Jinsol is back. The ice pack automatically soothes her. Jinsol kisses her cheeks this time. 

 

Maybe, just maybe, Jungeun was going to get through the rest of the week.

 



 

A/N: there you have it[: hope im keeping you interested. as you may or may not know, i don't really write fluff. this is really out of my comfort zone. i just wanted to challenge myself. this is pretty chill now, but expect a lot of hand holding and cuddling and all the sort~

there's about 8 chapters. i plan on posting twice a week. kinda thinking i will post consistently with the storyline (so day 1 is today, day 2 is tomorrow, day 5 is in... 5 days) but the story happens within a 3 week period so there's not much of a difference. also, it kinda depends on the people editing my story ^^' 

let me know what you think in the comments or send me a CC if you're feeling a little shy~ (@LittlePanduh). As always, feel free to bother me on Twitter. (@littlepanduh)

stay healthy and safe everyone! drink water and wear a mask!