Day 2

Wisdom Teeth

A/N: Howdy doo~ back with an update!

I just wanted to thank you guys for the support! I didn't know this many people would ready Lipsoul fluff. 

Anyways, I apologize in advanced that this chapter isn't as cute as the first one. It get's a little more serious. (I guess that's what happens when you write about pain.)

 


CW: mentions of food, eating, dieting. Please read with caution. 



 

The pain and swelling are still present, but it’s a little more bearable.

 

Jinsol attempts to set up some sort of schedule for Jungeun to take her medication. She fumbles a little, thinking that Jungeun would survive if she didn’t take her pain medication for another hour. However, the sounds of Jungeun whining from the bedroom teach her to never do it. 

 

Usually, when Jungeun is sick or injured, she’s okay with the fact that she has to sustain herself with some sort of diet—in this case, a liquid diet. She tolerates only eating bland food and drinking water.  

 

Maybe it’s because her nerve-endings are still healing from the surgery or because being under Jinsol’s care made her feel more than adequate, but Jungeun was already eager to get back to her normal life, meaning she was craving all kinds of food. 

 

The two were eating lunch together, as usual. Jinsol prepared Jungeun some porridge while she ate some leftover samgyetang with japchae 

 

Jungeun was already struggling with her meal, being conscious about not , per her doctor’s orders, and not getting any oats in or on her gums. Considering her sore and swollen jaw, she couldn’t imagine gnawing on a drumstick or constantly chewing on vegetables.

 

Still, she couldn’t fight the urge. The smell of the chicken was too much for her, even though it wasn’t even her favorite food. 

 

“I want that,” she grumbles like a child. It still hurt to talk so she tried to keep her end of the conversations to a minimum.

 

Jinsol is midbite into her chicken leg when she looks up to see Jungeun pouting and pointing at her food with a fully extended arm. 

 

She huffs out some air, thinking about how adorable Jungeun looked, swollen face and all. As she chewed, she covered .

 

“I’ll make some for you when you get better. It’ll taste better because it’ll be fresh.” Jinsol gives her a sympathetic look. 

 

Part of Jungeun feels guilty for acting so childish.

 

She’s not going to deny that she likes the attention though.

 

“I want that,” the brunette points at the noodles. 

 

Jinsol looked down at the side dish. Jungeun is highly entertained at her girlfriend who is currently temporizing. 

 

“How about I make you some ramen in a few days? I think it’s soft enough for you to chew. Your gums will be better by then.” She grabs onto the hand that Jungeun is pointing with. Jungeun naturally interlocks their fingers. 

 

Jungeun’s not going to deny that Jinsol’s thoughtfulness makes her heart flutter. If only her cheeks weren’t swollen, she’d have the widest grin on her face. 

 

She tightens her grip on Jinsol’s hand and offers a small smile. 

 

Jinsol softens at the gesture.

 

It wasn’t the end though.

 

With her other hand, Jungeun points at the glass in front of Jinsol. “I want that.”

 

Jinsol finally catches on and rolls her eyes. She pulls her hand away from Jungeun’s and crosses her arms. “You have your own water in front of you.”

 

Her patient just gives her a mischievous grin.

 


 

The two are sitting in their office. Jungeun isn’t working, but she refuses to be sitting in bed all day. Instead, she’s watching makeup tutorials. (Even though makeup is pretty useless during the pandemic, it was still something she enjoyed.)

 

She’s slightly distracted at the sound of Jinsol groaning. After pausing the video, she investigates the sound. 

 

Behind her, Jinsol is performing some lunges. When she stands up straight, she does some back stretches. 

 

Jungeun still thinks it’s funny: a financer for an entertainment company wearing a crop top and joggers while working. Jinsol has integrated her comfortable streetwear into her work attire. It’s something she’d definitely wear to the dance studio—perks of working from home.

 

Jinsol starts stretching her upper back, causing her shirt to hike up and reveal a little bit of skin.

 

Jungeun smirks at the trouble she’s about to cause. “Jindori~”

 

Jinsol gracefully turns with a smile. “Yes, Jungie?” 

 

With somewhat excessive gestures, Jungeun beckons Jinsol over to her side of the office. Jinsol an eyebrow, but saunters towards her girlfriend. 

 

She is two steps away from Jungeun when the younger one starts talking. “I want that.”

 

The financer scrunches her eyebrows as she gets closer. Jungeun can’t smile properly yet, but Jinsol can sense those mischievous eyes. 

 

“Want what?” She turns to her desk, but nothing catches her eyes. Just a notepad, some pencils, and some rice crackers. Did Jungeun want a snack? She checks the time. Jungeun isn’t due for her next medication for a few hours. Maybe she’s getting hungry. “Do you want anything to eat?”

 

Jungeun shakes her head. “Want,” she repeats the word like a child. 

 

Jinsol doesn’t know if she’s losing her mind or something. She really couldn’t comprehend what the heck Jungeun was saying. 

 

Looking over her shoulder, she notices the video Jungeun was watching. The beauty guru on the screen was showcasing a BB cream Jinsol doesn’t recognize. The brand isn’t something she’s heard of, so she thinks it’s something she might have to import from New Zealand or something. 

 

“I mean, if you want it, you can try to buy it. I can’t guarantee it’ll be easy to ship.” Jinsol looks back to her girlfriend, only to see her shaking her head. She scrunches her eyebrows, slightly getting frustrated. 

 

“That.” Jungeun points directly at her. “I want that.”

 

It takes a while for Jinsol to recognize that Jungeun was flirting with her. She rolls her eyes and smiles before going back to her desk. 

 

Trying to refocus herself to work, Jinsol doesn’t realize that Jungeun was three steps behind her. Before she can sit down, Jungeun pulls her chair away and hugs her from behind. 

 

As much as she wanted to get back to work, Jinsol couldn’t help but melt into Jungeun’s embrace. She grabs her arms and they sway a little bit.

 

“I want you,” Jungeun says tenderly. “Do you want me?”

 

Jinsol blows out air, pretending that innocent question didn’t just make her guts squirm. She’s glad Jungeun is behind her because she would probably tease Jinsol about her rosy cheeks. 

 

“Of course I do.” Jinsol rubs circles on Jungeun’s forearms with her thumbs. “Always.”

 


 

Jungeun was in bed. The day was about to end, but she had one more medication to take. Jinsol was in the bathroom cleaning up.

 

The sounds of pop music blare from her phone. She’s watching intently at formations, combos, and visual techniques. 

 

Jinsol emerges from the bathroom. She dons pink pajamas with pineapples on it. Jungeun absolutely abhors that sleepwear, but realizes that it’s been a while since they did laundry and they might not be able to do it anytime soon.

 

Jungeun taps on another dance video. This one is a choreography to Red Velvet’s “Light Me Up”. Their friend, Sua, taught it at BDZ Academy. Jungeun and Jinsol actually frequented that dance studio up until the recent pandemic. Recently, they only attend class when Jinsol’s previous classmate teaches. 

 

Now, neither of them can’t go until Jungeun’s gums recover. 

 

Jinsol curls up next to Jungeun and looks at the screen. “Is that the new choreo for this week? Who’s teaching it? Dami or Yoohyeon?”

 

Jungeun tilts her phone so Jinsol can get a better view. “Sua.”

 

Jinsol raises her eyebrows at a certain body roll. “She is definitely really good at those hard-hitting, yet sensual dances.”

 

The younger one accidentally huffs. Jinsol eyes her, wondering if it was wrong of her to say that. Usually, Jungeun would agree, but maybe she could be feeling sensitive.

 

Jinsol opens to apologize. She doesn’t know what for, but she’s ready to say the words.

 

“I want that.” She stares at the screen.

 

Jinsol looks back at Jungeun’s phone. This time Yoohyeon and Minkyung, more of Jinsol’s friends, joined in for a unit performance. She wonders what Jungeun meant. Her girlfriend was a spectacular dancer and had her own style. Jungeun was also good at hard-hitting and sensual choreography, but she was very versatile in all forms of urban dance. Regardless, she never took dance that seriously; she just looked at it as a hobby that she and Jinsol could share. Why was she so serious and upset about it?

 

Jinsol is about to comfort her when she notices Jungeun’s posture. Jungeun was tapping her fingers to the beat. Her feet subtly followed the footwork. Even her arms softly copied waves.

 

It hit Jinsol.

 

Jungeun didn’t want Sua's style or techniques or the cheers from her audience.

 

Jungeun wanted to dance. She wanted to perform. 

 

Jinsol empathizes with her girlfriend. It was already hard enough to be away from the studio due to the virus. Now, she couldn’t even do the Running Man without worrying about her gums bleeding. The doctor said it could take up to three weeks before she could dance again. 

 

Dance wasn’t just a hobby they shared. It was something Jungeun was passionate about in college. It was a distraction from midterms and essays. It was a form of self-expression. 

 

Jungeun was stressed out because of her recovery. Her one source of stress relief was taken away from her. She wanted it back. 

 

She sits up and presses a light kiss to Jungeun’s temple. “You will soon, sweetie. This’ll be over before you know it.

 



 

A/N: Hope you liked it!

This chapter originally had like a thousand more words, but there were random cameos from Red Velvet and IOI and Dreamcatcher's dogs LOL. Jungeun was also kinda out-of-character (idk if I lost my fluff tolerance, but she was just... annoying to me ^^'). I might post them later as an extra chapter or something. idk. if you're my Twitter follower, let me know what you think (or if you just want more Lipsoul banter, let me know).

Anyways, thanks for reading. Let me know how you feel in the comments! Stay safe and healthy everyone! <3