Two

Tulips

After spending some time on the front of Switzerland's cathedral, the two girls finally decided to have lunch. Dahyun didn't have any initial plans, unlike Mina who did a little research right before she went out for the day.

 

Mina didn't choose a five star restaurant for today's itinerary since it's quite expensive for her, she didn't want to spend that much on this travel. She randomly chose a restaurant that has good reviews from google with a price that isn't too heavy for her wallet. 

 

Dahyun didn't even had the chance to ask where are they going to eat, for Mina just led the way to the nearby restaurant just a few walks away from the cathedral. It was a simple restaurant, but not far from fancy. Mina was glad that she didn't book a reservation for one since she has an unexpected acquaintance with her today. 

 

The interior of the restaurant has a café-like environment. There were crawling plants right above the front door and windows. The furnitures are mostly made of wood, giving the restaurant an antique touch together with some artworks hanged on the walls and a few golden decorations. There were various plants inside the restaurants as well, complimenting the brown-colored environment. But Mina and Dahyun both agreed to have their meal outside. There were tables and chairs underneath large cream-colored umbrellas. Each umbrellas has a round table with four black chairs with cream cushions, matching the large umbrella. 

 

The two girls settled themselves on chairs right across each other on the round table, then a waiter eventually showed up to give them the menu before leaving them alone again. Dahyun examined the menu carefully, trying to digest the foreign language. Everything was alienated for her. The menu had three languages underneath each platter; german, french, and english. Dahyun couldn't understand anything.

 

Mina on the other hand, didn't really struggle since she can understand english fairly. She looked up from the menu that was on her hand to look at the person who was sitting across her. She noticed that Dahyun's eyebrows were furrowed as if she is trying to read something that has a text in a very tiny font. She understood that Dahyun had a hard time reading the menu so she offered a different idea.

 

"Should we look for a korean restaurant?" Mina asked after putting down the menu on the table. Dahyun looked up and their eyes met, but Dahyun looked away immediately.

 

Dahyun moved the menu back and forth, fanning her heated face due to embarrassment. "No, it's fine" she said before looking back on the menu "I'll just look for something that looks delicious" she added, Mina laughed at her answer. Dahyun looked up again and saw how the girl in front of her was smiling as she shook her head while looking through her own menu. She couldn't help but smile too due to the beauty that Mina radiates. 

 

Mina flipped her menu to the next page and her eyebrows went up with what she saw. She turned her menu to face Dahyun with her beautiful smile and pointed the platter that captured her attention. "How about this?" she said, Dahyun looked closely to what she pointed. 

 

It was the typical meal that you would usually see on fancy restaurants; pasta served with sliced medium-rare meat with sauce plus a serving of salad on the side. 

 

Dahyun smiled back at Mina before nodding her head. "That looks good" she said, closing her own menu and sitting back comfortably on the chair. "I was craving pasta and meat after all" she added. Dahyun noticed that Mina's eyes seemed to sparkle when she agreed to her suggestion.

 

"How about dessert?" Mina asked after retreating her menu back and searched for the page that has the desserts selection. "I'm in the mood for chocolate" she added. 

 

A hint of excitement was felt by Dahyun, a person who really loves chocolates. She tried her best to hide her excitement by sitting up and placing both of her elbows on the table while her hands supported her chin. "Sure" she said shortly.

 

"I'll be ordering now" Mina said, Dahyun nodded in response.

 

Mina looked inside the restaurant's windows and waited for a waiter to have eye contact with her. It took her a while, but a waiter quickly went outside when Mina raised her hand, ready to order.

 

She showed the menu on the page that has their agreed meal and pointed it to the waiter. She didn't even dare to read out the written name for the platter since it looked like it was hard to pronounce. "Two of this please" she said in english with a sweet tone, not even stuttering and her korean accent was nowhere to be found. Dahyun was amazed. "And two slices of chocolate cake please" she added. The waiter wrote down on a little notebook before taking both of the menus and went back inside to get on with their orders.

 

Not having any idea, each and every action that Mina made was being watched by a whipped tofu sitting right in front of her.

 

Dahyun thought that this is the right time to know each other more since they're from the same country. She figured that they might even ran through each other back in Seoul as complete strangers since the country isn't that big.

 

"You're from Korea too, right?" Dahyun initiated the conversation. Mina hummed before shaking her head while Dahyun tilted her head in confusion.

 

"Actually, I'm from Japan. I just work in Korea" Mina answered, Dahyun's eyes widened in surprise.

 

"So you're not fully Korean then? You're a hundred percent Japanese?" she asked out of curiosity. Mina nodded. "Wow, your korean sounds so good. Your english too!" she said in amazement, earning a giggle from the latter which made Dahyun feel flustered.

 

"Why are you here?" Mina suddenly asked. Dahyun took the tissue that was placed on the table and fiddled with it before answering.

 

"I do photography, I'm actually here with my workmates but I asked if I can spend the day alone." Dahyun explained cutely, folding the tissue into an unknown shape. "How about you? What brings you here?" she asked back.

 

Mina sat back with a deep sigh. Dahyun watched how the wind blew Mina's hair beautifully, exposing her already exposed beautiful face. It was the first time that Dahyun noticed that Mina has a lot of moles on her face, which complimented her beauty.

 

"It was very stressful at work and at home, so I decided to go away for a while" she said sadly, Dahyun frowned. "How long have you been here?"

 

"It's my second day." Dahyun answered, putting her attention back to tissue folding. "How about you? And how long are you planning to stay here?" 

 

Mina watched as Dahyun folded the tissue; trying to guess what she's folding it into, but eventually gave up since Dahyun keeps on unfolding the tissue. "It's my first day, and I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon" Mina added, Dahyun looked up with a shocked expression that made Mina confused again.

 

Dahyun pushed the crumpled tissue aside. "Really? Tomorrow's my last day too!" she said rather excitedly.

 

Mina smiled on Dahyun's cuteness. She was about to say something but was interrupted when the waiter showed up again with their orders.

 

Mina bid a quick 'thank you' to the waiter, and Dahyun did the same with a hint of her korean accent which Mina found cute as well.

 

The two carried on with their lunch quietly, but they still had small talks in the middle of the meal.

 

They found out a few information about each other and they seem to understand each other and they got along very well.