Ch 4: What a turn of events.

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Wednesday, July 17, 3:30 am)

 

'Chewy-ah…. Chewy… come, let go on a date!'

 

Tzuyu: Huh?

 

Suddenly Tzuyu got up as her body automatically woke up as she was used to early mornings. She looked around realizing it was a dream and shook her head. She made her way to the bathroom and washed up. As she finished brushing her teeth, washed her face, and got dressed in her work out clothes she made her way to the room again, prepping her gym bag, packing her archery attire/equipment, a pair of casual clothing, protein powder in her Shaker bottle, a towel, and pre-workout. As she finished rummaging and packed her gym bag, she grabbed her apron and headed to the kitchen.

 

Tzuyu: I should probably make her breakfast…since she has an early shift! I can bet my money again she's going to skip since she'll run late again... let's see. Ah! There's the fridge.

 

Tzuyu opened the fridge and noticed toast, eggs, ham, cabbage, carrots, onions, and cheese.

 

Tzuyu: Ah. I can make her a breakfast sandwich. She can hold it and eat it as I drive her to work.

 

She then prepared the ingredients and started to cook the ingredients off. She then stuffed it in-between two pieces of toast and butter it before toasting it in the pan. She then took a thermos mug and brewed some green tea for the latter, assuming she might need a little caffeine in her body to get her going. As she finished making the toast, she wrapped it in a napkin for the latter to hold. She then made a pot of coffee and took a glass to drink as she enjoyed the early morning.

 

 

Meanwhile back with Sana. (Wednesday, July 17, 4 am)

 

-beep- -beep- -beep-

Sana heard her again go off as she turned it off. She looked at her phone noticing that it was 4 am. In a groggy state, she went to the bathroom to wash up. As she grabbed her toothbrush, placed toothpaste, and brought it to to brush her teeth she then had a flashback.

 

'Chewy-ah~'

'Chewy-ah~'

' Chewy…'

' I can't my blouse'

' Sana-ah can you wrap your arms around my neck? I'll carry you back.'

 

Sana's eyes then shot open wide realizing what happened last night as she shouted.

 

Sana: AHHHHH NO WAY?

 

Just then Tzuyu heard the scream and recognized the voice. She placed her coffee down and ran to the bathroom, opening the door to the latter cupping her face.

 

Tzuyu: MINATOZAKI! ARE YOU OKAY.?!

 

Sana then faced the latter and started blushing as all the events that occurred last night when she was in a groggy state as she saw Tzuyu's face. She then started to ball up and crouch down, hugging her knees to avoid eye contact with the latter.

 

Sana: MOUUUUU~

 

Tzuyu quickly made her way over and kneeled down to check on Sana? She placed her hand on Sana's shoulders and looked at her body to see if she was hurt.

 

Tzuyu: Sana! Are you okay? What's going? Are you hurt!? If you are where?!? I can help!

 

Sana was turning red from the embarrassment as she slowly looked up at the latter. Tzuyu then cupped Sana's face with both her hands and examined the latter face.

 

Tzuyu: What's wrong Sana? Is everything okay?

 

Sana then lunged forward hugging the latter, attempting to hide her face being seen as it was red due to the embarrassment. Tzuyu held her hand up surprised by the sudden move. Eventually, she wrapped her arms around the latter patting her back.

 

Sana: I'm ashamed…

Tzuyu: Why? There's nothing to be ashamed of…

 

Sana looked up, staring at the latter as Tzuyu only started back wondering what's really wrong.

 

Sana: Last night… I was so sleepy… and I acted like a spoiled brat… And you had to brush my teeth and dress up for me…

 

Tzuyu then sighed in relief but then smiled at how cute her reaction was.

 

' She overreacted because of that? Cute'

 

She then caressed Sana's cheeks and tilted Sana's head to have a better look at her.

 

Tzuyu: Yah… I don’t mind doing all those things. Plus I enjoyed it since it was kind of cute.

Sana: Mou~... But I made you work.

Tzuyu: Hey if I don't take care of you, I would be more uneasy… so let me… let me spoil you and take care of you…

Sana: But should you do these things with someone you love?

 

Those words shot Tzuyu in the heart… It hurt badly as she couldn't bear to say anything in response, but she knew she had to. With some anger she spoke up.

 

Tzuyu: That's my business of who I take care of… you're one of them so stop talking back to me and get ready for work.

 

Sana was quiet as she just nodded her head as she heard the anger from the latter voice. She felt bad for making the latter mad and went back to her room to change into an outfit. Tzuyu just went back to the kitchen and finished her coffee. She washed all the dishes and took her apron off as she waited for the latter. She felt bad for raising her voice and could tell it probably shocked the latter. As she placed her gym bag in the car and waited in the kitchen area, Sana came out. Tzuyu was then in awe of her beauty and swore her heart skipped a beat. She wore a faded-blue high-waisted A-line skirt that hugged her hourglass figure with a sheer flowy floral blouse with a pair of white Converse sneakers. As Sana approached the latter in the kitchen, she smelled something delicious in the air.

 

Sana: What smells so good?

 

Tzuyu was still mad but spoke softly as she handed her the breakfast toast sandwich and mug with tea.

 

Tzuyu: Here. I made it for you since I know you won't eat later since you'll be busy.

 

Sana was shocked at her kindness and smiled. She felt bad for making the latter work again. She slowly took the sandwich from Tzuyu's hand for a bite.

 

Sana: It's so good… Where's yours?

Tzuyu: I don't really eat in the mornings. It makes me bloat since I still have to work out.

 

Sana frowned as she knew the latter wasn't going to eat. They then went to Tzuyu's car as Tzuyu opened Sana's seat for her when she got in. She then went over to her seat. Before she settled in, she noticed that Sana's hands were full, so she leaned her body to grab the seat belt and buckle her in. Sana blushed from the action and shyly looked down.

 

Sana: Thank you Tzuyu...

Tzuyu: Mhmm.

 

Tzuyu then buckled her seat best and drove off. As she was driving, she saw the corner of her eye that the latter was finishing her sandwich. She smiled at how cute she was eating it when her cheeks puffed up like a squirrel as she chewed. She couldn't help but chuckle inside from how cute she was. As she approached a red light, she noticed the latter extended her arm to her face with the almost finished sandwich. She glanced over to see Sana offering her the last bite.

Sana on the other hand, thought it was a good time… to possibly flirt and be nice to the latter. She took a breath before calling out to her.

 

Sana: I know you're working out but please take the bite. For me? Chewy-ah...

 

Tzuyu blushed of the sudden action, the fact of her calling her by a nickname and being so sweet was enough to make her blush. With her eyes still on the road, she reached sideways for a bite. She took the last bite of the sandwich and started chewing.

 

Sana: Oh you have a crumb on your face.

Tzuyu: Where is it?

 

As Tzuyu tried touching her face to rub the crumb off, Sana then leaned over and extended her fingers and picked off the crumb. Tzuyu blushed even more as Sana placed the crumb in and it off her fingers. It made Tzuyu gulp as she thought how hot Sana was.

 

'her tongue…. That's dangerous…'

 

As Tzuyu tried to calm down and control her urges, she took a breath of relief as she arrived at the hospital. Sana then got off and stepped out of the car. After closing it, Tzuyu rolled down the window.

 

Tzuyu: I'll be working out and visit a few dog cafes! Just call me when you're done, and we can go eat before archery!

Sana: Mhmm! I will! Be safe working out… Chewy!

 

Tzuyu then gulped again from how cute Sana was and drove to the gym. Gripping the steering wheel tightly as she tried to remain calm.

 

 

(Wednesday, July 17, 5 am)

 

She finally arrived at her usual gym location and startled to settle down her belongings in her rented locker before working out. She then drank her pre-without and got started.

 

'Okay… time to get your ual frustration out…. You can't be like this in front of Sana…'

 

She placed her nice canceling headphones on and got on the treadmill and started running for hours on end to maintain her endurance. After 3 hours, she went over to the free weight section to do some weightlifting and core stabilization/strengthening exercise for another 2 hours. As she finished her second to last set of her routine, she wiped off the sweat using her shirt, lifting up to reveal her tone Abs. She then remembered her towel and went to retrieve it from her bag, drawing attention to a group of people gathering around her… she then sighed but then blasted her music and just started to finish her work out. As she attached her final set, she then felt a tap on her shoulder as she dropped the weights to turn around. It was a group of 10 girls just blushing and waiting for the latter to speak.

 

Tzuyu: Uhmmm… can I help you?

Group of girls: Squeal!!!! Oh my god she spoke!!!

 

Tzuyu mentally was tired and just wanted to finish her work out. She couldn't leave the group of girls as they surrounded her and they started to bother her, touching her weights and equipment.

 

Girl 1: Wow!!! You're so strong...

Girl 2: I bet she's better in bed!

Girl 3: I bet she dated a lot of people!

Girl 4: Oh she's so hot.

 

Tzuyu was tired from the nonsense as she took the weights back, startling the group of girls.

 

Girl 5: Mhmup…. ~ so aggressive…

Girl 6: Punish me… Daddy

 

Tzuyu: OKAY NOW STOP.

 

The group of girls were startled again but all of them bit their lips from the excitement towards Tzuyu's sudden anger.

 

Girl 7: That's just so hot….

Girl 8: Tell me about it… I bet she's girlfriend material

Tzuyu: Okay really… this needs to stop! Like right now. The gym is a place to work out, not a zoo. Either you learn to work out or you leave. You're distracting me and everyone around you!

 

Girl 9; Mhump~ so fierce… that's so hot… then why don't you teach us then… instruct as and… 'ASSIST'... In our work out.

Girl 10: Same… this is literally so bad.

 

As all the girls looked at Tzuyu hungry for attention, Tzuyu just sighed. She then pushed her way to finish her final set somehow and placed the weights away. She then spoke up again to make a final attempt to be alone.

 

Tzuyu: Look I'm not here to flirt and I'm not here to get in your pants. I'm not a and I don't sleep with anything. I have someone that I'm in love with and I will only love that person. I really am disturbed but also disgusted by all of your behavior. How old are you all…? 18? Sorry, I'm 27… I'm way too old. I'm not a toy to around now… this is my final attempt for you to leave… if not, I will…

 

Tzuyu then left feeling the stare becoming more intense as she realized her attempt didn't work…

 

Girl 1: Mhmnp…. I just want her even more. She's not off the market yet…

 

 

(Wednesday, July 17, 10:15 am)

 

All the girls agreed. Tzuyu then sighed and decided she'd end her workout and not finish it off with a small cool down run. She then headed over to the shower to wash off and finished, changing into a pair of fitted jeans and a white baggy button-up shirt, cuffing them by the sleeves and only tucking the front. She then wore her brown dress shoes and dried her hair within 30 minutes. As she made her way out, she was met with a chorus of squealing, as she mentally faces palmed herself

 

Girl 2: KWAAAAA~ AN ACTUAL PRINCE APPEARED.

 

Tzuyu then sighed again as she walked away from the crowd to get in her car. She then drove off to her secret location that really no one knew while drinking her protein shake. She arrived at the place and smiled from the quiet environment. As she went to the counter to order her drink the cashier smiled realizing who she was.

 

 

(Wednesday, July 17, 11 am)

 

Cashier: It's been a long time Ms. Tzuyu-ssi. How have you been?

Tzuyu: tired for sure. After running away from so many people.

Cashier: Well not to worry. We have a room reserved for you. I'll bring your usual. Iced Americano and sweet butter pan?

Tzuyu: Yes, please!

Cashier: Perfect. And would you like Gucci to be in that room with you always?

Tzuyu: Yes if she's available.

Cashier: She is! So your total with me $12.25

Tzuyu: Here's my card.

 

Tzuyu handed the card as the cashier took it to ring her up. She then returned the card and handed the receipt back to Tzuyu.

 

Cashier: Here you go Ms. Tzuyu-ssi. Gucci will be in the room and we'll bring you your drink when it's ready.

Tzuyu: Thank you!

 

Tzuyu then made her way to the private room and immediately went to the small dog. The dog ran up and happily the latter and started running around as it recognized the latter.

 

Tzuyu: Hey Gucci!!! How are you~! How are you~! Do you still recognize me?!?

 

Arf-arf arf!

 

Tzuyu then picked the dog up and sat down in her seat. She placed the dog on her lap as the dog obeyed. Tzuyu started petting the dog as she wagged her tail. Just then the waiter came in and placed the drink down and smiled.

 

Waiter: It's been a while Ms. Tzuyu-ssi!

Tzuyu: Haha yeah, the Navy sure got me busy. I finally had time after 7 years!

Waiter: Well enjoy your time! We will make sure no company will bother you.

 

Tzuyu nodded and the waiter made her way out. As Tzuyu played with Gucci and drank her Americano, she then heard her phone beep and she checked her phone.

 

Tzuyu: Oh it Jeongyeon! What did she text me…?

Jeongyeon: Yah…. Chou…. Are you sitting down?

 

Tzuyu was confused about what the latter was trying to indicate. She then started texting back.

 

Tzuyu: Yes, I am. What's the matter, Yoo?

Jeongyeon: So there's a new article….

Tzuyu: And?...

Jeongyeon: You're like number one on the radar right now.

Tzuyu: WHAT?!

 

Just then Jeongyeon sent a link and Tzuyu opened it…

 

Tzuyu: OH.MY.GOD.

 

 

Meanwhile back with Sana (Wednesday, July 17, 11:30 am)

 

Sana was just working, finishing up everything, filling up the remaining prescriptions needed, filing, and documenting all the paperwork. She was a little tired but felt better as she slowly sipped on the hot tea Tzuyu made. Just then, Momo and Mina ran in, while clocking in, rushing to the back to meet Sana. As they panted hard when they met her.

 

Sana: Momo? Mina? What's the matter?

Momo: THIS!

 

Sana then looked at Momo's phone and she read the top line. She then was in shock.

 

'YOU HEARD IT FROM HER FOLKS! THE HOTTEST SURGEON REVEALS SHE HAS SOMEONE SHE LIKES! MAKE YOUR MOVE FAST BEFORE SHE'S TAKEN!'

 

'HOTTEST SURGEON ACTING STERN AND MATURE, KINDLY DECLINING A GROUP OF GIRLS HITTING ON THE SURGEON'

 

Mina: There's also a video as well…. Someone recorded the conversation as the girls flirted with her nonstop when she was working out…

 

Mina then showed the video and Sana saw the girls flirt like mad, as Tzuyu was trying to ignore and de-escalate the situation… just then Sana's blood started to boil as the girls kept making their advances. All of a sudden, she heard Tzuyu's voice in the video… loud and clear.

 

'Look I'm not here to flirt and I'm not here to get in your pants. I'm not a and I don't sleep with anything. I have someone that I'm in love with and I will only love that person. I really am disturbed but also disgusted by all of your behavior. How old are you all…? 18? Sorry, I'm 27… I'm way too old. I'm not a toy to around now… this is my final attempt for you to leave… if not I will…'

 

Sana then took a look at a picture of Tzuyu after she showered, and her heart started beating…

 

' She looks like a prince… Prince Eric vibes….'

 

Sana then leaned on the counter confused by what she just witnessed…

 

Sana: She liked someone… all this time… Why didn't she tell me…?

Momo: Sana… maybe she couldn't?

Sana: I … I don’t know…

Mina: Sana…

Sana: She lied to me… she said she only adored a person...

Mina: Maybe she didn't want to tell you yet… you were in a relationship then too…

Sana: But… IDK… should I still try and get Tzuyu to notice me?

Momo: Definitely! Like the article says. ' Make your move fast'.

Sana: Sigh okay… but should I bring this up?

Mina: Maybe when the time is right. Just enjoy your date today!

Sana: Mhmm….

 

Sana looked at the time and noticed she finished a little early.

 

Sana: I'm going to inform Nayeon-Sumbae that I finished. I'm pretty much done with my shift, so I'll probably be going.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter