Love and Pain

Birds of Paradise

“What if we find ourselves in a not so good area?”

 

“...Do you have your sword with you?”

 

Sinb lifted her cloak slightly to reveal her sword on her waist, placed snugly within its sheath.

 

“Let me borrow that.”

 

“Huh? Wait, you can use a sword?” Sinb asked as she handed the weapon to the other princess who slightly pulled it out to check the weapon.

 

“I told you didn’t I? Before I became a princess, I was a mere townsfolk.” she replied, nodding in approval at the sword’s quality, “And that meant hunting for food and hunting means using the knife.”

 

“But a knife’s not a sword…”

 

“A sword’s just a longer knife.” Yerin smiled, “Now let’s go. I think I saw something nice over there…”

 

Sinb just shrugged, deciding to trust the other princess in her words.

 

“What kind of creatures did you hunt back then, Yerin?”

 

“Hm… all sorts. Deers, wild boars, oh, I skinned a lizard one time.”

 

Sinb made a face while Yerin just laughed at her expression before insisting that it was true.

 

Soon enough, they fell into a pace, just going wherever they thought was interesting and discovering new places on the way. It was a different feeling compared to being lead to a set destination. It was as if they were trudging blindly into a labyrinth and discovering priceless treasures along the way. For Sinb, it felt different from earlier when the others were still with them. It didn’t feel like they were being watched, sure, she still had a companion, but unlike Sojung who would prefer watching her, Yerin was the kind of companion who preferred seeing things with her. They would share their amazement, the excitement and discoveries, something she realized she enjoyed a lot and made their tour a lot better than earlier.

 

They finally made their way to the marketplace and saw it almost overcrowded with people who were eager to get first on the best products.

 

“That’s a lot more people than our town has.” Yerin gawked in amazement, Sinb chuckling slightly. She’s always seen this view from her room’s balcony and seeing the crowd as a whole, it doesn’t surprise her that it’s like this at a closer look.

 

Sinb then realized that if they trudged into this crowd, the possibility of them being separated was high and the last thing she wanted was to lose Yerin in the crowd. Although she’s always wanted to go around on her own, Yerin has been a great companion so far.

 

Reaching forward, she took hold of Yerin’s hand, taking the woman by surprise.

 

“It wouldn’t be good if we got separated here.” Sinb reasoned out.

 

Yerin stared for a while before offering a smile and clutching her hand tighter, “You’re right. Alright, you lead the way Sinb.”

 

“I’m unfamiliar with this place too…”

 

“All the more!” Yerin encouraged, “Lead us wherever. We might find something on the way.”

 

Sinb laughed, looking towards the crowd, “I understand. Let’s go then.”

 

The two then proceeded, looking over curiously at various stalls, particularly Yerin finding some variety of products that she’s seen for the first time in that marketplace. Yerin lingered longer than she wished to, her curiosity getting the better of her before she felt Sinb tugging at her hand impatiently, telling her that it was already nearing lunchtime and they had to eat something if they want to continue with their long walk.

 

“We don’t have any money though, so our only choice is to head home so I can cook something.” Yerin explained, discovering that Sinb didn’t have money with her, given that she only ran away and Yuna had hers. It was almost a surprise since they were both royalties but they were just women who just happen to be roaming about so it was understandable for the both of them.

 

“Then we have to find the way back first…” Sinb remarked, looking around but failing to remember the way that they took before arriving at the marketplace. They were so fixated on following Yewon that they didn’t bother looking at the paths that they’ve taken and the capital was a large place, they were bound to get lost at one point.

 

The two shared a look, Sinb scratching her head as she wondered what they were supposed to do next, only to realize that their hands were still interlocked ever since they arrived at the marketplace.

 

“Do you think we can ask someone for directions?” Yerin asked.

 

“I’d be recognized though…” Sinb mumbled in hesitation.

 

“Then I’ll do it—“

 

“No.” she shook her head in complete disagreement. She was against Yerin interacting with any of the townsfolk. She never admitted this, but the first time she met Yerin in the woods, she immediately thought that she was face to face with a princess, it wouldn’t be a surprise if any of the other citizens would think the same upon seeing Yerin.

 

“Why?”

 

“Yerin, they’d immediately know you’re a princess.” Sinb answered matter-of-factly, “Maybe we can just wait until the others manage to find us…”

 

“That might take a while.” Yerin sighed, “I vote asking for directions.”

 

“But—“

 

“I’ll be fine. I’ll try not to reveal myself as much as possible.” Yerin assured her, wrapping the cloak tighter against herself.

 

“I’m coming with you then.” Sinb held onto Yerin’s hand tighter, showing her that she had no plans in letting go, “Just in case.”

 

Yerin just smiled in amusement. She could already tell that Sinb is a stubborn woman by nature and it was adorable if she has anything to say about it. Facing the younger princess, she reached forward and pulled her cloak closer around her, a fond smile playing on her lips. She decided to just comply since the woman was insistent and so they looked around, looking for anyone they could ask for directions.

 

Spotting a woman a distance away from the crowd, they approached carefully, trying not to look too suspicious.

 

“Excuse me…” Yerin began to ask once they were close enough and the woman turned to face them, brows raised in question as the person looked up at their figures.

 

“Yes?”

 

“What the—“ Sinb’s eyes widened in surprise upon seeing the face of the person they were talking to, “Eunha?”

 

“Huh?” the person named Eunha turned to Sinb before her eyes widened as well upon seeing the princess of the kingdom staring back at her, “Y-you—I mean, Sinb…” she blinked repeatedly, trying to discern if she was merely seeing things or if her eyes were not playing with her. When she confirmed that she wasn’t seeing things, she dragged the two further away from the crowd.

 

“What are you doing outside? Where’s Sojung?” Eunha whispered harshly at the princess while sweeping her gaze across the crowd, trying to catch a glimpse of the knight commander’s figure.

 

“I’m so glad we stumbled into you.” Sinb sighed in relief, “The truth is… we got separated while Yewon was giving us a tour and we were going to ask directions…”

 

“Do you have any idea how dangerous that is? You’re lucky you asked me instead.” Eunha sighed in exasperation before straightening herself, “But wait… tour? Why would Yewon give you a tour?”

 

“Oh, well, it’s not for me…” Sinb mumbled, looking over at Yerin. It was only then that Eunha noticed the other presence.

 

“And you are?”

 

“I’m…” Yerin looked over at Sinb, silently asking if it was okay for her to divulge her real identity to this person and when she received a nod from the other princess, she once more turned to Eunha and bowed her head in greeting, “I’m Yerin, princess of the Kingdom of Knospe.”

 

Eunha’s eyes widened like saucers upon hearing who she was and stumbled on her feet bowing properly to the other royalty in her presence.

 

“I’m sorry f—“

 

Yerin reached forward quickly to keep the woman from bowing, “There’s no need for that.”

 

Eunha looked up at her, “…You really look like a princess.”

 

“T-Thank you…?”

 

“Eunha, can you help us out?” Sinb interrupted.

 

“Right, right, you’re lost.” Eunha remembered, “You’re lucky I happen to be heading back home. Let’s leave immediately. The more you stay out here, the more danger you’re in—“

 

“There they are!”

 

The three looked up to see Yewon along with Yuna and Sojung rushing towards them. The former stopping the moment she saw the familiar face.

 

“Oh, Eunha!” she exclaimed happily.

 

Yuna was the first to reach the two, worriedly looking Yerin all over to see if she was harmed and only relaxed when she saw that the princess seemed to be fine.

 

“I’m sorry to have worried you, Yuna.” Yerin apologized to which the Knospian knight shook her head.

 

“I’m just glad to see you’re unharmed, your highness.”

 

“Sinb…” Sojung’s menacingly glare made her back away slowly.

 

“We didn’t do anything!” the other princess exclaimed, ready to run away.

 

Sojung just sighed, admitting that it was partially her fault for taking her eyes off them for a second.

 

“Let’s just head back.”

 

The group agreed, falling into a pace as they began their trek home, Sinb and Yerin in the middle for their safety.

 

Sinb looked down to their still interlaced hands with a smile. Even when their companions had arrived, they made no move to let go of the other. To be honest, she didn’t want to let go anytime soon, Yerin’s hand felt soft to the touch, and she doesn’t mind holding onto it for as long as she could and Yerin didn’t seem to have any plan to let go either so it should be okay to stay this way for a little longer at least…?

 

“Did anything happen?” Sojung asked, noticing the happy expression Sinb wore.

 

“We toured around by ourselves.” Yerin answered for her, “We had quite a pleasant time doing so.”

 

“I’m just glad nothing bad happened.” Yuna sighed in relief.

 

Yerin then turned to Sinb, “Thanks for accompanying me.”

 

“I enjoyed it as well, Yerin, so I should be the one thanking you for the adventure.” Sinb smiled, “In fact, I felt like it ended too quickly…”

 

Yerin raised a brow, “I don’t mind doing it again.”

 

A mischievous smile began forming on the Blume princess’ face, “We should do it again.”

 

Yuna and Sojung could only share tired looks, already seeing nothing but trouble for the both of them in the following days.

 

---

 

Needless to say, the two had hit it off quickly from that moment on, taking advantage of any opportunity they can to roam about and oftentimes they would carry the most ridiculous of stories upon their arrival home

 

"What's got you looking so ragged?" Sojung inquired upon seeing the two princesses' dishevelled appearances.

 

"We chased a flock of sheep!" Yerin excitedly answered, a grin plastered on her face as she and Sinb exchanged mirrored looks.

 

"And then the owner chased us!" Sinb looked on proudly.

 

"But we got away." the two chorused and the knight knew that it was their attempt at appeasing her worries but it did nothing but leave a headache above all the other headaches she's gotten so far.

 

---

 

"Can someone please explain to me what in the world happened?" Yuna asked, taking in Yerin's current state. Said princess was drenched, as if all the heavens rained down on her, from head to foot and yet the smile on her face was just as wide as ever.

 

"We headed over to the river and decided to play hide and seek." Sinb thanked Yewon as she handed the both of them a towel. Two for Yerin who was beginning to shiver from the cold.

 

"How old are you again?"

 

The younger princess rolled her eyes, "Hide and seek is better when you're older. But get this! Yerin hid in the river!"

 

"Milady..."

 

"Yuna, do you really want me to inform everyone on who did it first?"

 

The knight commander swallowed her next words as she averted her gaze, finding the chair in the living suddenly interesting.

 

---

 

Sojung almost didn't care any longer, but she still had to ask, "So care to explain why both of your dresses are so torn up, they make rags looks like a fashion statement?"

 

"The tree we were climbing on did it." they chorused.

 

Surprisingly enough, Sojung didn't need any further details other than that.

 

---

 

"What did you do this time?"

 

It was becoming a common occurrence at this rate. They soon found out that if they didn't ask, the two will be onto them until they finally give in and ask them how their day went.

 

At the moment, the two were panting raggedly, faces flushed as they stumbled through the door with Sinb seemingly carrying something in her arms, when Yuna took a closer look, they were all just apples.

 

"You see... we were getting hungry and the apple stand was just there..." Sinb began as she placed all the apples on the basket placed atop the dining table.

 

"And Sinb here forgot to pay." Yerin quickly accused.

 

"My hands were full!" she exclaimed in defense.

 

"I was right there--"

 

"But at least we got away from the people chasing us." Sinb declared proudly, placing the last apple on the basket only to have the container snatched up by Sojung with one hand and began pulling on the princess' ear with the other.

 

Yuna followed suit, dragging Yerin along with her.

 

"We go back there, and we're paying." Sojung scolded.

 

"I guess you don't like free apples...?"

 

---

 

“Yerin!” Sinb called out. It was already evening and the younger princess once more snuck out of the castle to head straight to Yewon’s home. She now stood under the window of Yerin’s room and waited patiently for the other princess to respond to her call, like she always does.

 

The following days have been nothing but full of joy for the two, what with Yerin always accompanying Sinb in discovering new places in the kingdom, there was never a day when they weren’t out somewhere. The two knight commanders have already given up trying to keep the two under control and just succumbed to their whims, Yuna following the two secretly to make sure they stay safe and Sojung assuring the king that Sinb was alright.

 

Sinb beamed when the window opened to reveal Yerin’s features looking around until her gaze landed on her. The wide smile on Yerin’s face the moment their eyes met made Sinb’s heart palpitate uncontrollably in her chest, a rush of excitement enveloping her being as well as a certain emotion that she couldn’t quite place her finger on, but it was nevertheless a pleasant feeling that she doesn’t mind having over and over.

 

“You came just at the right time.” Yerin told her, “I’ll be right down.”

 

Sinb just nodded her head like an excited child, bouncing impatiently on her heels as the silence of the night allowed her to hear the muffled footsteps of the woman as she descended the stairs.

 

“Oh, Yerin, you’re going out again?” Sinb heard Yewon ask accompanied by Yerin’s soft laugh.

 

“When have I not been out?”

 

Yewon chuckled, “True. Well, stay safe.”

 

Yerin hummed in agreement before the door finally opened to reveal the woman she’s been impatiently looking forward to seeing for the past days. It was weird, they see each other almost everyday, but Sinb finds herself wanting to see her all the more. Perhaps it’s because she’s a great person to be with, and the only other person she enjoys spending time with besides Yewon and Eunha. However, if she was to be honest with herself, she would prefer being with Yerin compared to the other two that she’s already gotten herself close with.

 

Shoving the thought out of her head as Yerin approached, she almost jogged to the older woman’s side, with Yerin grabbing her hand out of instinct that Sinb was more than happy to reciprocate, “What do you mean I came at the right time?”

 

“Last night I found an area with a fantastic view of the city and it’s not that far from here.” she explained, “If we start walking now, we should be just in time to see the moon rise.”

 

After venturing the entirety of the city, the two has settled in discovering hidden places that wasn’t in the city. And so they’ve moved on to nearby farms, the forest, or hidden lakes. Yerin had told her that the best places were the ones completely undisturbed by anyone and true to her words, each place that they found was better than the previous. Sinb could finally understand why Yerin enjoyed the great outdoors more than the town.

 

And so, the excitement welling up within her refused to die down all the more when Yerin mentioned she found a good place.

 

“What are we waiting for then?” Sinb said, “Let’s go.”

 

“Let’s.” Yerin nodded.

 

Meanwhile, as the two left, Yewon watched them from the window the same time Sojung arrived, heading straight to a nearby chair and slumping herself tiredly against it. Eunha, who was sitting on the chair opposite hers with a book in hand, looked over with mild amusement.

 

“They’re getting along well.” Yewon remarked, her gaze still trained on the two princesses walking away.

 

“Almost too well if you ask me.” Sojung grumbled, “I don’t understand where all that energy comes from.”

 

“Or maybe you’re just too old.” Eunha mused, hiding her face behind her book.

 

Sojung sent her a glare which sent the short woman scampering out of her seat and hid herself behind Yewon, wrapping her arms securely around the petite woman’s figure.

 

“Yewon~! Your sister is scaring me!” Eunha whined.

 

Sojung just rolled her eyes as she watched her sister patting Eunha’s head affectionately while the latter was obviously enjoying the treatment she was receiving from the younger woman. She could practically see hearts floating around the two.

 

She couldn’t deny they looked adorable though.

 

“But you’re right Eunha.” Yewon spoke up, “They’re really getting along too well.”

 

Eunha looked over curiously, “Why do you make it sound as if it’s a bad thing?”

 

“Because it is.” Sojung replied with a sigh, “It’s already a week. Even I can see that there’s something going on between the two and that shouldn’t happen.”

 

“Well… I get that they’re both princesses—“ Eunha began but stopped herself when Yewon shook her head.

 

“Eunha, I never really told you why Yerin’s staying here instead of the castle right?” Yewon explained and she nodded, “Yerin is actually going to be married to Prince Clem, and their engagement party is in a couple of days. Yerin didn’t know until a few days ago, so she’s staying here at the moment to clear her head.”

 

Eunha’s eyes widened considerably at the news, her arms falling slack to her side as she took in the younger woman’s words, “Wait… but she’s already catching feelings for Sinb…”

 

Sojung rose up from her seat, “How do you know that?”

 

“It’s obvious.” Eunha replied matter-of-factly, “You can see it too, can’t you?”

 

“No… I…” Sojung grumbled to herself for a bit before facing the two again, “Sinb actually told me that she likes her highness Yerin. I think she still doesn’t realize it, but it’s definitely heading in that direction.”

 

The three shared troubled looks as they all fell silent, mulling over to themselves what to do with the situation.

 

While this was going on, the two princesses have finally reached the spot that Yerin was referring to earlier and Sinb let out a gasp of surprise when she saw a glimpse of the moon peeking out from behind a mountain.

 

“Oh wow, it’s so orange.” she remarked in amazement, unable to take her eyes off the sight before her. Yerin just looked fondly at the younger princess before averting her gaze to the moon slowly rising up, in all its round glory, almost as if it was saying its greetings to them. The way it glowed a bright orange as it rose felt like it was doing a light show just for the both of them to admire.

 

Yerin took a seat, Sinb momentarily taking her eyes off the moon before sitting down beside her upon the invitation. Together, they just stayed silent, watching with fascination as the moon began to assume its yellowish hue the more it continued to rise.

 

“How is it able to do that?” Sinb managed to ask.

 

“Do what?”

 

“Earlier, it was just orange but now it’s turning yellow again.” Sinb explained.

 

Yerin hummed, “Why is the sun so bright when it’s above us but turns orange and red when it sets?” she just asked back, “To be honest I still don’t know the reason, but I want to know too.”

 

Sinb nodded, “Maybe we can found out the reason why next time.”

 

“We should.” Yerin agreed then looked down, “With the glow of the moon this bright, the city lights look so dull.”

 

Following her gaze, she found her words to be true as the light from the moon was almost enough to light up the whole city, allowing her to see almost everything as if it was day time. The hustle and bustle of the city refused to dissipate, and Sinb, having already gotten used to the sight of it was slightly intrigued how it felt more calming this time despite seeing the same thing almost everyday all her life. She couldn’t quite understand it. The atmosphere was soothing, the silence was calming and the view was breathtaking just like it always did, but this time… this time just felt different.

 

The only difference was that she was seeing all of this with Yerin, but that couldn’t be the only reason can it? How can a mere presence change her entire view of something she’s seen her entire life? She’s never felt so confused and intrigued.

 

Completely deep in her thoughts, she failed to notice the slight rocking of Yerin’s figure and it was only when Yerin’s head gently rested against her shoulder that she realized that the woman has somehow fallen asleep in the midst of their watching. She didn’t even realize how long they’ve sat at the same spot, doing nothing but staring at the wide space before them.

 

Sinb moved carefully so that Yerin could find a more comfortable position, inching herself closer and pulling her head close so that it rested snugly against the crook of her neck. It was then Sinb noticed how nice the scent of her hair was, how soft Yerin’s skin felt and just how beautiful she is, looking peaceful with her eyes closed and with the pale beam of the moonlight shining down on her.

 

Sinb couldn’t get to take her eyes away from the view.

 

Has Yerin always looked this beautiful? Was she always this glowing?

 

Sinb indulged herself in analyzing more of Yerin’s features, certain features of her that she never really noticed but seemed very important to her now, making her wonder how she could have missed them.

 

Not noticing the time passing by, Sinb just sat there, admiring at the beauty beside her, seemingly not having enough and would find herself staring at the same spot once more. Sinb would vaguely remember her eyes curving into beautiful, happy crescents whenever she smiled, she would remember the small dimples on her cheeks when her lips exploded into a full blown grin in excitement, how she would fix her fringe whenever the wind blew too strongly at times, how her nose would scrunch up and her lips would pout whenever she thought of something unpleasant. She would remember how everything she did seemed pleasing to the eyes and how she couldn’t get enough of it.

 

She only realized it then. It wasn’t the adventures or the undiscovered places that she looked forward to everytime they went out, but it was Yerin herself that she longed to see as they went places. It was Yerin’s smile, her thoughtful look, her gentle gaze, even her funny expressions. It wasn’t the place, or the view that she enjoyed, no, it was the view of her companion that she saw every single day that she couldn’t help but be excited about.

 

It was a view that she doesn’t mind going back to over and over again.

 

A groan escaped Yerin’s lips, interrupting her thoughts and it was only then that she noticed how close her face was, to the point that their noses were nearly touching and how she hasn’t even breathed for the past seconds that she unconsciously found herself in the position she was in. Swallowing thickly, she moved to lean back, but froze in place when Yerin’s eyes flutter open and her orbs gaze back into hers.

 

There was a pregnant pause. The already silent surroundings feeling more silent than ever.

 

“What are you doing?” Yerin asked, blinking in wonder.

 

Sinb opened to answer, wracking her brains for anything, even the stupidest excuse will do, until she managed to find her voice and spoke, “T-There was something on your face… and I was about to remove it…?”

 

Yerin chuckled, reaching forward and pinching her nose gently, “Why do you sound so unsure? Remove it for me then.”

 

Yerin closed her eyes once more and Sinb found herself unable to breathe with her heart hammering loudly in her chest for all the various reasons that no longer made any sense to her. Yerin’s command was simple, and she should do it for the sake of her sanity and for the sake of getting herself out of the embarrassing situation she put herself in.

 

So why did she have this undying urge to just kiss her?

 

Mentally slapping herself awake, she reached out and gently brushed her thumb against the woman’s cheek, once, twice, and finally managed to let go after the third time after noticing how bad her hand was shaking just at the simple gesture.

 

“Is it off?”

 

Sinb voice cracked in reply, “Y-yeah.”

 

Opening her eyes again, she furrowed at the sight of Sinb seemingly looking like a nervous wreck before her, “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine… just tired? I guess.” Sinb struggle to reply, trying to pick up the piece of her brain shattered by how nerve wracking the situation just now was.

 

“Oh.” Yerin blinked, “Sorry I fell asleep.” she mumbled, “We should be heading back.”

 

“Right…” Sinb mumbled a reply, before gazing up at Yerin who was already on her feet, “Will we go somewhere tomorrow again?”

 

“Who knows…?” she answered, “But I don’t think I’ve seen a good view of the sea just yet. Maybe we can climb higher next time.”

 

“We can do that.” Sinb readily agreed, Yerin smiling at the eagerness shown on the younger woman’s face.

 

“I hope we get a good view.” Yerin remarked as they began their trek home.

 

Sinb spared her a sideways glance, her lips unconsciously forming into a smile as she thought of what tomorrow might bring them, “I’m sure the view will be great.”

 

---

 

“Can we finish early today?” Sinb asked with a huff, stabbing her sword on the ground and leaning tiredly against it. Sojung could only raise a brow at the request before sheathing her sword.

 

“Why?” the dame found it curious. First, she asked to train in the wee hours of the morning, the sun has even barely risen and now she’s asking if they could finish up for the day.

 

“I have things to do.”

 

Sojung raised her head in thought, trying to determine anything that would make the princess preoccupied for the day but came up with nothing until a certain person invaded her thoughts. She stared at Sinb with a blank look.

 

“Do you have plans with Yerin today?”

 

The way her cheeks reddened was more than enough answer for the knight.

 

“Please?”

 

Sojung’s eyes narrowed suspiciously. Did she hear right? The princess said please? To her?

 

Sighing, she waved her off, “But you have to be back before sunset.” Sojung reminded her. This time it was Sinb’s turn to wonder why.

 

Shrugging, she thought it might be just a request from her father and so she just complied, thinking of more important things than what might happen in the castle later. Sojung has been lenient with her going off on her own the previous days and perhaps it was just one of those days when she had to go back and do her duties, pay more attention to her classes and whatnot.

 

Sinb then trudged through the forest, already gotten used to the path she needed to take in heading back to Sojung’s home and soon found herself at her destination without a moment wasted.

 

She had expected many things to happen upon her arrival, but the sight before her caught her completely off-guard.

 

Yerin was there, by the door of Sojung’s home, looking as beautiful as ever in a simple white dress, but the sight of a familiar stallion at the doorstep of her home caused her to stop in her tracks, trying her hardest to remember where she saw the horse until she saw the familiar figure of her brother standing before Yerin as she approached slowly.

 

And when she saw him holding her hand gently in his and bringing it up to his lips for a kiss, reality hit Sinb like a ton of bricks in the face.

 

Right, Yerin was to be married to her brother. That was the reason why she is here in the first place. It surprises Sinb how easily she forgot that.

 

Taking a hesitant step back, she thought for a second on why her brother was here of all times and it was only then that she remembered that it’s been a week… exactly a week and that meant the engagement party for the announcement of their marriage is tomorrow.

 

Sinb backed away further, leaning against a tree as thoughts began to cloud her mind, an unfamiliar and ugly feeling taking its place in her chest. It was becoming harder to breathe, and she was sure it wasn’t because of the trek. Struggling to keep her emotions in control, she eventually failed as she felt her chest constrict tightly and a headache beginning to form. She could only laugh at how absurd everything was in that moment. Earlier, she was wishing that time would go by faster but now she wants everything to stop and go back.

 

She wished tomorrow to never come and she wanted nothing more than the wedding to not take place.

 

“…What have I gotten myself into…” she mumbled to herself as the first sob escaped .

 

Her feelings for Yerin were growing, yet Yerin was meant for someone else.